Al Reynolds

Default How is this sink held down?

Evening,

Tomorrow AM I am replacing the worktop in my in-laws'
utility room. They want to re-use the original sink and tap.

These are in stainless steel, and the circular bowl is separate
from the tap. I looked under the sink to determine how it
is fixed to the worktop, and there are no clips to hold it in
place. I tried detaching the waste, but the sink is firmly held
in place. Is it possible that it is simply the silicone around
the rim which is holding it in place? Would silicone sealant
be adhesive enough to do this job?

Thanks for any responses by the morning!
Al Reynolds

Al Reynolds

Thanks Huge and TNP.

That's what I wanted to hear!

Al

Ian Stirling

Huge wrote:
"Al Reynolds" writes:
Evening,

Tomorrow AM I am replacing the worktop in my in-laws'
utility room. They want to re-use the original sink and tap.

These are in stainless steel, and the circular bowl is separate
from the tap. I looked under the sink to determine how it
is fixed to the worktop, and there are no clips to hold it in
place. I tried detaching the waste, but the sink is firmly held
in place. Is it possible that it is simply the silicone around
the rim which is holding it in place? Would silicone sealant
be adhesive enough to do this job?

Yes.

The sinks in my en-suite are stuck down with silicon.

^e

Moenstone Sink Mike Home Repair 9 March 6th 05 06:01 AM
Single sink for sale PoP UK diy 0 March 4th 04 04:54 PM
Sink Waste venting problem BillR UK diy 1 September 9th 03 04:16 AM
Kitchen Double Sink Suds Problem Robert Home Repair 3 September 7th 03 01:25 PM