DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sometimes this forum worries me (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/687123-sometimes-forum-worries-me.html)

Tim Lamb[_2_] June 13th 21 04:32 PM

Sometimes this forum worries me

In message , ss
writes
On 12/06/2021 12:50, alan_m wrote:
On 11/06/2021 14:29, williamwright wrote:
I keep seeing irrational attitudes displayed that are characteristic
of the elderly. I hope I don't ever get like that.

Bill

The yoof of today have no understanding of what it's like to be
elderly :)

Do you know how weird it feels to be the same age as old people. :-)

Indeed. I am now older than my father and catching up to my mother!

--
Tim Lamb

williamwright June 13th 21 08:13 PM

Sometimes this forum worries me

In article ,
williamwright wrote:
I keep seeing irrational attitudes displayed that are characteristic of
the elderly. I hope I don't ever get like that.

Like always carrying your mobile phone at home in case you have a 'turn'?
;-)

No! That's just sensible.

Bill

bert[_7_] June 15th 21 04:07 PM

Sometimes this forum worries me

In article , John
Rumm writes
On 12/06/2021 15:36, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 14:32:20 +0100, Richard
wrote:

On 12/06/2021 14:02, T i m wrote:
snip
**** off. The eating **** and dying is optional.

I don't understand why the various subscribers to this forum who
continually argue with T i m don't just kill-file him. Arguing with
him or abusing him is pointless.

Sadly I came to the same conclusion in the end...

+1
--
bert

Andrew[_22_] June 15th 21 07:22 PM

On 13/06/2021 16:32, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , ss
writes
On 12/06/2021 12:50, alan_m wrote:
On 11/06/2021 14:29, williamwright wrote:
I keep seeing irrational attitudes displayed that are characteristic
of the elderly. I hope I don't ever get like that.

Bill
Â*The yoof of today have no understanding of what it's like to be
elderly :)

Do you know how weird it feels to be the same age as old people.Â* :-)

Indeed. I am now older than my father and catching up to my mother!

The Mid 2022/23 revision might be an interesting comparison.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...d2019estimates