Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Public liability insurance

I am having scaffolding put up around the house so i can replace guttering and repoint the chimney. I am doing this myself. I am not a tradesman the front of the house is near the pavement but not on it. The scaffold will not be on the pavement. Can i get cover if anything should happen to people walking by.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...e-3123983-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/06/2021 18:45, earl wrote:
I am having scaffolding put up around the house so i can replace
guttering and repoint the chimney. I am doing this myself. I am not a
tradesman the front of the house is near the pavement but not on it. The
scaffold will not be on the pavement. Can i get cover if anything should
happen to people walking by.

You are probably already covered if you have household insurance, but
ring your insurer to check, or read your policy documentation.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/06/2021 18:58, Chris Bacon wrote:
On 07/06/2021 18:45, earl wrote:
I am having scaffolding put up around the house so i can replace
guttering and repoint the chimney. I am doing this myself. I am not a
tradesman the front of the house is near the pavement but not on it.
The scaffold will not be on the pavement. Can i get cover if anything
should happen to people walking by.

You are probably already covered if you have household insurance, but
ring your insurer to check, or read your policy documentation.

And put big warning notices up, and fluorescent barrier tape, and LED
warning lights at night. In other words, don't allow anyone to claim
negligence on your part. If you take all reasonable precautions you're OK.

Bill