Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default age

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...d2019estimates

figure 4.

if the link works

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...d2019estimates

figure 4.

if the link works

Works fine in chrome which can be picky at times with some links.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 27 May 2021 09:45:04 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...d2019estimates

figure 4.

if the link works

Works fine in chrome which can be picky at times with some links.

LOL Just HOW lonely and miserable are, you senile troll?

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/05/2021 19:45, ARW wrote:
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...d2019estimates

figure 4.

And?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/05/2021 13:31, soup wrote:
On 26/05/2021 19:45, ARW wrote:
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...d2019estimates

figure 4.

And?

Well for one thing it's a very good example of the way the internet can
be used to make it easy to access and dig down into present quite
complex data sets.

For another thing it explains why old farts who live in inner cities can
feel a marginalised minority. We are

And I thought it mildly interesting to see how some regular posters live
in areas where the average age approaches what one of the presenters
once said was the average age of listeners to BBC's Today programme.

--
Robin

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 27/05/2021 17:07, Robin wrote:
On 27/05/2021 13:31, soup wrote:
On 26/05/2021 19:45, ARW wrote:
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...d2019estimates

figure 4.

And?

Well for one thing it's a very good example of the way the internet can
be used to make it easy to access and dig down into present quite
complex data sets.

For another thing it explains why old farts who live in inner cities can
feel a marginalised minority.Â* We are

And I thought it mildly interesting to see how some regular posters live
in areas where the average age approaches what one of the presenters
once said was the average age of listeners to BBC's Today programme.

It's also a good way to show that I messed up and the link was meant to
be an email to a friend and not to the newsgroup:-)

However I might as well fill you in with the details as to why I was
sending it.

Figure 4 of the above link used in conjunction with

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/interactive-map

We had been discussing the average age and population density of an area
against covid rates for that area and the fact that most people under 45
have not had their first dose. Basically to see how similar the maps
looked when compared with age and/or population density.

Figures for vaccine uptake by age are taken from here

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...report#history

So more figures to play with if you have not seen them. It gave me
something to do whilst I was off work with a bad knee.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/05/2021 13:31, soup wrote:
On 26/05/2021 19:45, ARW wrote:
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...d2019estimates

figure 4.

And?

The all-you-can-eat-for-free NHS health care model is doomed.

Even before Covid-19 the UK debt as a percentage of GDP was projected
to double by 2040 once all the baby boomers started reaching 85+

What the West needs is a global pandemic. Oh dear, what happened ?.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/05/2021 13:31, soup wrote:
On 26/05/2021 19:45, ARW wrote:
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...d2019estimates

figure 4.

And?

Well for one thing it's a very good example of the way the internet
can be used to make it easy to access and dig down into present quite
complex data sets.

For another thing it explains why old farts who live in inner cities
can feel a marginalised minority.Â* We are

And I thought it mildly interesting to see how some regular posters
live in areas where the average age approaches what one of the
presenters once said was the average age of listeners to BBC's Today
programme.

It's also a good way to show that I messed up and the link was meant to
be an email to a friend and not to the newsgroup:-)

Ageing issue ?? :-)

However I might as well fill you in with the details as to why I was
sending it.

Figure 4 of the above link used in conjunction with

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/interactive-map

We had been discussing the average age and population density of an area
against covid rates for that area and the fact that most people under 45
have not had their first dose. Basically to see how similar the maps
looked when compared with age and/or population density.

Figures for vaccine uptake by age are taken from here

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...report#history

"Based on antibody testing of blood donors, 73.6% of the adult
population now have antibodies to COVID-19 from either infection or
vaccination compared to 15.6% that have antibodies from infection
alone. Over 98% of adults aged 60 or older have antibodies from either
infection or vaccination."

There is an upper age limit of between 66 and 70 (exceptions apply)
for blood donors so I don't see how they can make the claim of 98%.
98% of the donors who are over 60 might make more sense.

So more figures to play with if you have not seen them. It gave me
something to do whilst I was off work with a bad knee.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 27/05/2021 13:31, soup wrote:
On 26/05/2021 19:45, ARW wrote:
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...d2019estimates

figure 4.

And?

The all-you-can-eat-for-free NHS health care model is doomed.

Mindlessly silly.

Even before Covid-19 the UK debt as a percentage of GDP was projected
to double by 2040 once all the baby boomers started reaching 85+

That stupidly assumes taxation levels dont change.

What the West needs is a global pandemic. Oh dear, what happened ?.

Hasnt killed anything like enough in the UK to fix the NHS problem and
won't now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Nym-Shifting Senile Australian Pest!

On Sat, 29 May 2021 05:35:46 +1000, Joey, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH more of the trolling senile pest's latest troll**** unread

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/05/2021 20:35, Joey wrote:

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 27/05/2021 13:31, soup wrote:
On 26/05/2021 19:45, ARW wrote:
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...d2019estimates

figure 4.

And?

The all-you-can-eat-for-free NHS health care model is doomed.

Mindlessly silly.

Only to someone who -

1) refuses to accept the blinding obvious
2) actually believes that the government has any money, never mind
lots of it
3) thinks it is OK for the BoE to print £300 Billion and immediately
"buy" it all back.

Even before Covid-19 the UK debt as a percentage of GDP was projected
to double by 2040 once all the baby boomers started reaching 85+

That stupidly assumes taxation levels dont change.

Which won't happen if the electorate don't vote for it.
Remember what happened when Ed Miliband and Theresa May made their
proposals for increased taxation.

What the West needs is a global pandemic. Oh dear, what happened ?.

Hasnt killed anything like enough in the UK to fix the NHS problem and
won't now.

The next one might
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 28/05/2021 20:35, Joey wrote:

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 27/05/2021 13:31, soup wrote:
On 26/05/2021 19:45, ARW wrote:
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...d2019estimates

figure 4.

And?

The all-you-can-eat-for-free NHS health care model is doomed.

Mindlessly silly.

Only to someone who -

1) refuses to accept the blinding obvious

Easy to claim.

2) actually believes that the government has any money, never mind lots of
it

I have never believed anything of the sort.

3) thinks it is OK for the BoE to print £300 Billion and immediately"buy"
it all back.

Or that either.

Even before Covid-19 the UK debt as a percentage of GDP was projected to
double by 2040 once all the baby boomers started reaching 85+

That stupidly assumes taxation levels dont change.

Which won't happen if the electorate don't vote for it.

The electorate dont get to vote on something like that.

Remember what happened when Ed Miliband and Theresa May made their
proposals for increased taxation.

No one got to vote on that.

What the West needs is a global pandemic. Oh dear, what happened ?.

Hasnt killed anything like enough in the UK to fix the NHS problem and
won't now.

The next one might

Not a chance. Yes the Black Death did overturn
the way things were done considerably, but even
the two world wars didnt and they killed a hell
of a more than any new pandemic will now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 30 May 2021 04:00:22 +1000, Joey, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH the trolling senile pest's latest troll**** unread

cretin's pathological trolling:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/05/2021 20:35, Joey wrote:

What the West needs is a global pandemic. Oh dear, what happened ?.

Hasnt killed anything like enough in the UK to fix the NHS problem and
won't now.

tell that to the idle staff in A & E when I was last in during the
height of lockdown

NO one was turning up at A & E for fear of catching it!

let them."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/05/2021 20:35, Joey wrote:

What the West needs is a global pandemic. Oh dear, what happened ?.

Hasnt killed anything like enough in the UK to fix the NHS problem and
won't now.

tell that to the idle staff in A & E when I was last in during the height
of lockdown

NO one was turning up at A & E for fear of catching it!

But not because so many had actually been killed by it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 30 May 2021 19:12:24 +1000, Joey, better known as cantankerous

NO one was turning up at A & E for fear of catching it!

But not because so many had actually been killed by it.

In auto-contradicting mode again, you subnormal auto-contradicting senile
pest?

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing the auto-contradicting senile cretin:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/05/2021 10:12, Joey wrote:

On 28/05/2021 20:35, Joey wrote:

What the West needs is a global pandemic. Oh dear, what happened ?.

Hasnt killed anything like enough in the UK to fix the NHS problem
and won't now.

tell that to the idle staff in A & E when I was last in during the
height of lockdown

NO one was turning up at A & E for fear of catching it!

But not because so many had actually been killed by it.

Well at that time the staff said they had an entire section of the
hospital dedicated to patients with it - several hundred - and their
had been quite a lot of deaths.

--
In a Time of Universal Deceit, Telling the Truth Is a Revolutionary Act.

- George Orwell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/05/2021 10:12, Joey wrote:

On 28/05/2021 20:35, Joey wrote:

What the West needs is a global pandemic. Oh dear, what happened ?.

Hasnt killed anything like enough in the UK to fix the NHS problem and
won't now.

tell that to the idle staff in A & E when I was last in during the
height of lockdown

NO one was turning up at A & E for fear of catching it!

But not because so many had actually been killed by it.

Well at that time the staff said they had an entire section of the
hospital dedicated to patients with it - several hundred - and their had
been quite a lot of deaths.

Sure but not enough to make any difference to the problem
with the NHS as the boomers start using it more as they age.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 31 May 2021 02:55:09 +1000, Joey, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH the trolling senile pest's latest troll**** unread

--
Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/05/2021 17:07, Robin wrote:

For another thing it explains why old

(white)

farts who live in inner cities can
feel a marginalised minority.Â* We are

And I thought it mildly interesting to see how some regular posters live
in areas where the average age approaches what one of the presenters
once said was the average age of listeners to BBC's Today programme.

Bill

Age of Washing Machine Edwin Pawlowski Home Repair 1 November 3rd 04 04:58 AM
age of refrig? Diane Home Repair 7 August 30th 04 10:59 PM
Sony Trinitron brightness problems or old age? Wayne Peacock Electronics Repair 5 June 18th 04 07:24 PM
new-age batteries as field-expedient voltage references? Lizard Blizzard Electronics Repair 18 September 1st 03 12:33 AM
Gloss paint and age-discolouration Frank Z UK diy 1 August 4th 03 09:22 AM