Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pipe joins and pipe sizing for heating oil

I need to re-route the pipe running between the oil tank and my 50kW
boiler. I see that inserts are now recommended in soft copper pipe to
prevent the pipe from distorting - but these reduce the bore of a 10mm
pipe from about 8.6mm to about 6mm. The boiler manual just gives max
pipe run info for 10mm (O/D) and I haven't been able to find any other
info. Any suggestions on where to find further info or how to do the
sums on the effect of a few (6 or 8) 6mm restrictions in an 8.6mm bore?