Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I am being told that vertical radiators are not as efficient for the same volumetric flow as horizontal radiators.

Surely though if less heat is lost then where is it going to? It may take
longer but in the end it will get away, and all tat should happen is that
the boiler will not be needed to be on as much, but then some areas of the
house might be colder than others.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 06/05/2021 12:55, jon wrote:

What is this nonsense, heat is dissipated by radiation, convection or
conduction so how come efficiency becomes a problem.

For conventional central heating radiators most heat-loss is through
convection. Air is a poor conductor.

It seems there is less overall air flow for a tall radiator than long for
a radiator with the same area and construction.

So hardly nonsense.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

So we lost the subject then?

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 07/05/2021 03:34, Rod Speed wrote:
Fredxx wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Fredxx wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Fredxx wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Fredxx wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Fredxx wrote

suggests the optimum aspect ratio of the radiator is highly
dependent on wall height.

It doesn't even say that.

I'm sorry if you can't understand the paper.

Pathetic.

Even that is unclear.

The paper makes it clear.

But not for the horizontal and vertical radiators
we are discussing, they don't even consider those.

Read the paper again.

No need.

It isnt even relevant, its discussing the wall
treatment and the gap between the radiator
and the wall which isnt where most of the
heat from the radiator gets into the room.

And a function of radiator aspect ratio, ie height and width of
radiator.

A characteristic, actually. And given that they
don't even consider the aspect ratio that is seen
with the vertical radiators being discussed, you
you are face down in the mud, as always.

Even your earlier post whinged

More of your bare faced lies. I actually
rubbed you stupid nose in that fact.

that they only considered aspect ratios of 0.5 to 2.

That's not the vertical radiators we are discussing
which are well outside that range.

So an agreement that efficacy in terms of aspect ration is dependent
on a number of circumstances,

Nope, what matters is the main effect, the vertical distance
the cold air moves over with both types of radiator. That's
much worse with vertical radiators and is the reason they
don't work as well as horizontal radiators do.

The paper gives instances where that's not the case.

Not with what we are discussing the main movement
of heat from the side front of the radiator facing the
room when the only difference is whether the radiator
is horizontal or vertical it doesn't.

and that a "very wide horizontal radiator" wouldn't necessarily "work
better as far as heating the air is concerned".

For a completely different reason, the difference
in the surface temp at each end of the radiator.

So an admission there is an optimum aspect ratio,

Nope, because there isnt.

And the cited article suggests otherwise.

Like hell it does and it doesn't even discuss the main
way heat comes from the radiator into the room, via
the front of the radiator facing the room.

All the rest of your even sillier ****, lies and
flagrant dishonesty flushed where it belongs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

jon wrote:

Fredxx wrote:

jon wrote:

What is this nonsense, heat is dissipated by radiation, convection or
conduction so how come efficiency becomes a problem.

For conventional central heating radiators most heat-loss is through
convection. Air is a poor conductor.

It seems there is less overall air flow for a tall radiator than long
for a radiator with the same area and construction.

So hardly nonsense.

So where does the heat loss go other than in the room..?

stays in the hot water and is emitted by a radiator into a different room.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

Surely though if less heat is lost then where is it going to?

It isnt going anywhere, less heat is extracted from the circulating water.

It may take longer but in the end it will get away,

Nope.

and all tat should happen is that the boiler will not be needed to be on
as much,

Yes.

but then some areas of the house might be colder than others.

And the room wont be heated as well.

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 06/05/2021 12:55, jon wrote:

What is this nonsense, heat is dissipated by radiation, convection or
conduction so how come efficiency becomes a problem.

For conventional central heating radiators most heat-loss is through
convection. Air is a poor conductor.

It seems there is less overall air flow for a tall radiator than long for
a radiator with the same area and construction.

So hardly nonsense.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Senile Octogenarian Nym-Shifting Ozzie Cretin!

On Mon, 10 May 2021 06:16:55 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

WTF are you doing in humans-only ngs, you subnormal trolling senile pest
from Oz?

"That¢s because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."