DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT: Wind anxiety (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/686433-ot-wind-anxiety.html)

R D S[_2_] May 4th 21 09:40 PM

OT: Wind anxiety

On 04/05/2021 17:37, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 4 May 2021 16:13:36 +0100, R D S wrote:

The cat is happy though, that's the main job isn't it? I feel like he
could do a better job of displaying his gratitude.

https://ibb.co/0K2NX2Q

That's about the size of it.

T i m May 4th 21 09:52 PM

OT: Wind anxiety

On Tue, 4 May 2021 18:40:52 +0100, GB
wrote:

I'd be happy camping if only the showering and toileting arrangements
were more civilised.

When did you last go OOI?The last C&C site we stayed at the facilities
were like a hotel?

I'll happily sleep in a tent, and cook on a butane
stove, but I need a full size camper van for the toilet and shower.

Ah, a 'glamper'. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

T i m May 4th 21 09:57 PM

OT: Wind anxiety

On Tue, 4 May 2021 18:36:12 +0100, GB
wrote:

snip

I'm always concerned when you see the scaffolding, sheeting and
corrugated steel roof they often use these days when fitting a dormer
/ loft extension on peoples houses.

Nice for the workers when it's not particularly windy but raining but
when it's blowing a gale ... ;-(

I'm probably daft, but I cross the road to avoid such scaffolding.

Well, given people *do* get killed by such things I don't think it's
daft at all, especially during windy weather.

I had a colleague who was injured when some builders hoardings fell on
her as she was walking along the road. So, it does happen to people you
know, or at least that I know!

Quite. 'Better to be safe than sorry' (as long as you don't get hit by
an EV as you cross the road). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

GB May 4th 21 10:21 PM

OT: Wind anxiety

wrote:

I'd be happy camping if only the showering and toileting arrangements
were more civilised.

When did you last go OOI?The last C&C site we stayed at the facilities
were like a hotel?

I went to the EMF Camp. It was great fun, apart from the sanitary
arrangements. :)