Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rising Main Saga

Same old problem. Rising main to upstairs flat running through my
airing cuboard. Bits of blue pipe, bits of black, with couplers, all
hanging loose, unbracketed.
Management company's plumber says it's fine but it keeps leaking from
different joints.

Though the whole rising main running through the three flats should be
replaced it very likely won't be.

So my question is: if I cut out the whole run through my airing
cupoard leaving a stub coming up through the floor and one poking out
of the ceiling, then put a single length of pipe between the two
is there a better quality joining method, more effective than the
standard couplers to complete the job?
Maybe something resembling heavy duty heatshrink or the like?
--

Mike

Replacing Rising Main? None UK diy 71 November 12th 07 07:07 PM
Rising main...or not? Ben UK diy 9 March 2nd 07 07:07 PM
Air Lock in cold 'rising main' Mark Carver UK diy 3 May 5th 06 01:03 PM
Moving a rising main that's under a suspended concrete floor Mitch UK diy 2 August 8th 04 01:44 PM
Rising Main Water Pressure Vortex UK diy 16 May 12th 04 01:47 PM