Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Braun Oral B

To the best of your knowledge are all chargers (over time) the same
electrically?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/01/2021 16:25, JohnP wrote:
To the best of your knowledge are all chargers (over time) the same
electrically?

Can't speak for all, but the two Oral B chargers I have have different
power ratings.

PA

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/01/2021 16:25, JohnP wrote:
To the best of your knowledge are all chargers (over time) the same
electrically?

I've had several over the years and they seem to be interchangeable. Not
doubting the other poster's observation that some have different ratings.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/01/2021 16:25, JohnP wrote:
To the best of your knowledge are all chargers (over time) the same
electrically?

I have bought USB Oral B type chargers (i.e. a brush charger that can be
connected to a normal charger for a phone etc) which are useful for
taking on holiday where the power sockets are different. I did find
that these chargers would not charge one Oral B electric brush tha I own.

I also have a Philips electric brush. Its charger has a smaller pin so
it can charge an Oral B brush. The Philips brush does not fit on the
Oral B charger.

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

No.
Depends on the number of cells and what type of battery they are and to
some extent on how cheap the device is. Charging in series is hardly every a
good way to preserve life.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"JohnP" wrote in message
. ..
To the best of your knowledge are all chargers (over time) the same
electrically?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)" wrote in
:

No.
Depends on the number of cells and what type of battery they are and
some extent on how cheap the device is. Charging in series is hardly
every a good way to preserve life.
Brian

When I have stripped one there was only one cell Brian.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Michael Chare wrote:
On 31/01/2021 16:25, JohnP wrote:
To the best of your knowledge are all chargers (over time) the same
electrically?

I have bought USB Oral B type chargers (i.e. a brush charger that can be
connected to a normal charger for a phone etc) which are useful for
taking on holiday where the power sockets are different. I did find
that these chargers would not charge one Oral B electric brush tha I own.

I also have a Philips electric brush. Its charger has a smaller pin so
it can charge an Oral B brush. The Philips brush does not fit on the
Oral B charger.

Yes, we have found that Oral toothbrushes charge quite happily on a
Philips charger, quite handy as it avoids having to have two chargers.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/01/2021 16:25, JohnP wrote:
To the best of your knowledge are all chargers (over time) the same
electrically?

At some point in the last 20-odd years they changed something that meant
incompatibility of new and old. (I /think/ some say the frequency.) They
also changed from "dual voltage" to separate chargers for different regions.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/02/2021 07:30, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
No.
Depends on the number of cells and what type of battery they are and to
some extent on how cheap the device is. Charging in series is hardly every a
good way to preserve life.
Brian

Brian, Braun toothbrushes use wireless, high-frequency inductive charging.

We upgraded from an older NiMH toothbrush to a new Li-ion one and the
existing wall-mounted charger/head holder worked fine.

--
Reentrant
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 31 Jan 2021 16:25:59 GMT, JohnP wrote:

To the best of your knowledge are all chargers (over time) the same
electrically?

I got one with a europlug charger years ago (to assist with holiday
plans) and have continued to use the same charger with successive
toothbrushes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/02/2021 13:50, Reentrant wrote:
On 01/02/2021 07:30, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
No.
Â*Â* Depends on the number of cells and what type of battery they are
and to
some extent on how cheap the device is. Charging in series is hardly
every a
good way to preserve life.
Â* Brian

Brian, Braun toothbrushes use wireless, high-frequency inductive charging.

We upgraded from an older NiMH toothbrush to a new Li-ion one and the
existing wall-mounted charger/head holder worked fine.

About 20-50kHz

PA

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/02/2021 17:49, Tim Streater wrote:
On 01 Feb 2021 at 16:31:54 GMT, Peter Able wrote:

On 01/02/2021 13:50, Reentrant wrote:
On 01/02/2021 07:30, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
No.
Â*Â* Depends on the number of cells and what type of battery they are
and to
some extent on how cheap the device is. Charging in series is hardly
every a
good way to preserve life.
Â* Brian

Brian, Braun toothbrushes use wireless, high-frequency inductive charging.

We upgraded from an older NiMH toothbrush to a new Li-ion one and the
existing wall-mounted charger/head holder worked fine.

About 20-50kHz

Not sure I'd call it wireless. Just a loosely coupled transformer. Small
because it's not 50Hz. :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductive_charging

"...also known as wireless charging... ... electric toothbrushes ..."

Feel free to edit the article if it's wrong.

--
Reentrant