Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: Covid testing when being vaccinated

Have I missed something? Are people routinely tested for Covid when
they turn up for their vaccination?

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:18:12 +0000, AnthonyL wrote:

Have I missed something? Are people routinely tested for Covid when
they turn up for their vaccination?

I was simply asked about symptoms in the last few days. I have mine
booked for tomorrow.

I suspect there will be a temperature check.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/2021 10:22, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:18:12 +0000, AnthonyL wrote:

Have I missed something? Are people routinely tested for Covid when
they turn up for their vaccination?

I was simply asked about symptoms in the last few days. I have mine
booked for tomorrow.

I suspect there will be a temperature check.

I had temperature check with IR thermometer.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes still trying to find a talking or bluetooth one of those. I understand
there are some bluetooth oxymeters and one talking one available from the
states now.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"David Wade" wrote in message
On 29/01/2021 10:22, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:18:12 +0000, AnthonyL wrote:

Have I missed something? Are people routinely tested for Covid when
they turn up for their vaccination?

I was simply asked about symptoms in the last few days. I have mine
booked for tomorrow.

I suspect there will be a temperature check.

I had temperature check with IR thermometer.

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:18:12 +0000, AnthonyL wrote:

Have I missed something? Are people routinely tested for Covid when
they turn up for their vaccination?

I was simply asked about symptoms in the last few days. I have mine
booked for tomorrow.

I suspect there will be a temperature check.

Not for us, no actual 'interventions' at all apart from the
vaccination itself. They asked a few simple, sensible questions but
that was all.

--
Chris Green
·

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:42:18 +0000, Chris Green wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:18:12 +0000, AnthonyL wrote:

Have I missed something? Are people routinely tested for Covid when
they turn up for their vaccination?

I was simply asked about symptoms in the last few days. I have mine
booked for tomorrow.

I suspect there will be a temperature check.

Not for us, no actual 'interventions' at all apart from the vaccination
itself. They asked a few simple, sensible questions but that was all.

Like me, I wouldn't have been there if I had detected symptoms.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/2021 10:42, Chris Green wrote:
Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:18:12 +0000, AnthonyL wrote:

Have I missed something? Are people routinely tested for Covid when
they turn up for their vaccination?

I was simply asked about symptoms in the last few days. I have mine
booked for tomorrow.

I suspect there will be a temperature check.

Not for us, no actual 'interventions' at all apart from the
vaccination itself. They asked a few simple, sensible questions but
that was all.

Same here, also didn't have to wait around afterwards for 15 mins (AZ).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:18:12 +0000, AnthonyL wrote:

Have I missed something? Are people routinely tested for Covid when
they turn up for their vaccination?

I was simply asked about symptoms in the last few days. I have mine
booked for tomorrow.

I suspect there will be a temperature check.

Not for us, no actual 'interventions' at all apart from the vaccination
itself. They asked a few simple, sensible questions but that was all.

Same here, also didn't have to wait around afterwards for 15 mins (AZ).

I arrived about 5 minutes early, but they were running 20 minutwes late.
Was told to wait in the car until a specific time, then book in under a
gazebo they had up at the entrance. 5 minute wait inside.

We only had to wait 15 minutes if we owned up to any sort of allergy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/2021 10:22, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:18:12 +0000, AnthonyL wrote:

Have I missed something? Are people routinely tested for Covid when
they turn up for their vaccination?

I was simply asked about symptoms in the last few days. I have mine
booked for tomorrow.

I suspect there will be a temperature check.

Not even that when I went to a local surgery. However, an RAMC Captain
did ask a lot of questions, including whether we felt well, had been
tested in the past week or had any symptoms.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/2021 10:50, nightjar wrote:
On 29/01/2021 10:22, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:18:12 +0000, AnthonyL wrote:

Have I missed something?Â* Are people routinely tested for Covid when
they turn up for their vaccination?

I was simply asked about symptoms in the last few days. I have mine
booked for tomorrow.

I suspect there will be a temperature check.

Not even that when I went to a local surgery. However, an RAMC Captain
did ask a lot of questions, including whether we felt well, had been
tested in the past week or had any symptoms.

If vets are being trained to give vaccinations, how will they
be taking temperatures ? :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 13:29:13 +0000, Andrew wrote:

On 29/01/2021 10:50, nightjar wrote:
On 29/01/2021 10:22, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:18:12 +0000, AnthonyL wrote:

Have I missed something?Â* Are people routinely tested for Covid when
they turn up for their vaccination?

I was simply asked about symptoms in the last few days. I have mine
booked for tomorrow.

I suspect there will be a temperature check.

Not even that when I went to a local surgery. However, an RAMC Captain
did ask a lot of questions, including whether we felt well, had been
tested in the past week or had any symptoms.

If vets are being trained to give vaccinations, how will they be taking
temperatures ? :-)

Same way the Chinese are allegedly taking test samples now?

Cheers

Dave R

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 29/01/2021 10:22, Bob Eager wrote:

I suspect there will be a temperature check.

That's completely useless in this cold weather.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 11:46:29 +0000, GB wrote:

On 29/01/2021 10:22, Bob Eager wrote:

I suspect there will be a temperature check.

That's completely useless in this cold weather.

Didn't stop the hospital doing that when I visited. Outside, too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 29/01/2021 11:53, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 11:46:29 +0000, GB wrote:

On 29/01/2021 10:22, Bob Eager wrote:

I suspect there will be a temperature check.

That's completely useless in this cold weather.

Didn't stop the hospital doing that when I visited. Outside, too.

We walked over to the hospital on a cold day, and the chap kept
muttering to himself that his IR thermometer seemed to be broken, as it
registered low. I opened my jacket so he could check my armpit
temperature, and his comment was 'Oh, it's started working now'. Some
people cannot be helped.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
GB wrote:
On 29/01/2021 10:22, Bob Eager wrote:

I suspect there will be a temperature check.

That's completely useless in this cold weather.

as I found out when I went to the dentist in early December, The device
said of my skin temperature "Too cold". I agreed with the machine - I'd
been waiting outside for 5 minutes.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/2021 10:18, AnthonyL wrote:

Have I missed something? Are people routinely tested for Covid when
they turn up for their vaccination?

I took my mother for her jab last week. The procedure was, turn up at
appointed time. Sanitise hands at desk and wait for a "guide". They ran
through questions (any symptoms, previous allergic reactions, any other
vaccines in the last 7 days, are you on any blood thinning medications.
do you consent etc). Then wait for nurse to collect, who led you to the
next free consultation room for the jab, after which, here is your card,
and a sheet of notes, you are free to go.

No physical checks/tests of any kind. I expect the procedure will not be
the same everywhere.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
On 29/01/2021 10:18, AnthonyL wrote:

Have I missed something? Are people routinely tested for Covid when
they turn up for their vaccination?

I took my mother for her jab last week. The procedure was, turn up at
appointed time. Sanitise hands at desk and wait for a "guide". They ran
through questions (any symptoms, previous allergic reactions, any other
vaccines in the last 7 days, are you on any blood thinning medications.
do you consent etc). Then wait for nurse to collect, who led you to the
next free consultation room for the jab, after which, here is your card,
and a sheet of notes, you are free to go.

No physical checks/tests of any kind. I expect the procedure will not be
the same everywhere.

sounds remarkably similar to my experience yesterday. There were 9
vaccination points - one seemed to be reserved for wheelchair bound people.
I was imprerssed how well the wifi worked.
I had to wait for 15 minutes after the jab since I drove myself there.
Loads of helpers in St John Ambulance uniforms, one with a Fire Service
badge. When I was waiting for my 15 minutes to pass, a helper came to chat.
I discovered he was normally office bound at the MoD and "redeployed". Car
park was well organised, too.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
On 29/01/2021 10:18, AnthonyL wrote:

Have I missed something? Are people routinely tested for Covid when
they turn up for their vaccination?

I took my mother for her jab last week. The procedure was, turn up at
appointed time. Sanitise hands at desk and wait for a "guide". They ran
through questions (any symptoms, previous allergic reactions, any other
vaccines in the last 7 days, are you on any blood thinning medications.
do you consent etc). Then wait for nurse to collect, who led you to the
next free consultation room for the jab, after which, here is your card,
and a sheet of notes, you are free to go.

No physical checks/tests of any kind. I expect the procedure will not be
the same everywhere.

Yes, that pretty much describes what I and M-I-L received. Didn't
yours have the 15 minute wait before going? Our only minor issue was
that both of us had appointments, I wasn't just accompanying.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/2021 11:38, Chris Green wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
On 29/01/2021 10:18, AnthonyL wrote:

Have I missed something? Are people routinely tested for Covid when
they turn up for their vaccination?

I took my mother for her jab last week. The procedure was, turn up at
appointed time. Sanitise hands at desk and wait for a "guide". They ran
through questions (any symptoms, previous allergic reactions, any other
vaccines in the last 7 days, are you on any blood thinning medications.
do you consent etc). Then wait for nurse to collect, who led you to the
next free consultation room for the jab, after which, here is your card,
and a sheet of notes, you are free to go.

No physical checks/tests of any kind. I expect the procedure will not be
the same everywhere.

Yes, that pretty much describes what I and M-I-L received. Didn't
yours have the 15 minute wait before going?

No, they mad a point at the start there was no need to wait. It may have
been there would have been had she had a history of allergic reactions.

I was quite pleased to be able to make a swift getaway and not have to
hang around :-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
[...]

If you have driven yourself to the site, you need to wait for 15 minutes to
check that you don't have a nasty allergic reaction.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/01/2021 09:03, charles wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

No physical checks/tests of any kind. I expect the procedure will not
be the same everywhere.

Yes, that pretty much describes what I and M-I-L received. Didn't
yours have the 15 minute wait before going?

No, they mad a point at the start there was no need to wait. It may have
been there would have been had she had a history of allergic reactions.

I was quite pleased to be able to make a swift getaway and not have to
hang around :-)

If you have driven yourself to the site, you need to wait for 15 minutes to
check that you don't have a nasty allergic reaction.

They don't care if you keel over and get run over crossing the road.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
charles wrote:
If you have driven yourself to the site, you need to wait for 15 minutes to
check that you don't have a nasty allergic reaction.

No chance of driving yourself to the location where I had mine - close to
Clapham Junction station so you'd spend ages trying to find somewhere to
park and pay for it too. Unless you are the sort who use shop car parks
for other than they were meant for.

But they kept everyone for 15 minutes afterwards.

--
*Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
[...]

I amd my wife had to wait as did someone near us who had been driven
there by someone who was not vacinated.

I and my wife were vaccinated in a small room. The vaccination was
administered by a nurse but there was also a Doctor in the room who
spoke to us and asked if we had any questions she told us that the
Phizer vaccine we were going to get was the best one. I was given a 4
page document describing the vaccine, any after effects I might get and
what to do if the problems were serious.

A much more cautious approach than for my flu vaccination a few months ago.

When I got up in the middle of the night after the vaccination I just
about noticed a small ache in my arm. It had gone in the morning. My
wife who is smaller had a more pronounced ache.

All the local surgerys had a combined effort to vaccinate people at a
local small private hospital which likely has cold storage facilities.
It was all well organised.

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 09:03:46 +0000, charles wrote:

John Rumm wrote:
[...]

They only made us wait if we admitted to any allergies - as I did. Sat me
down with a little timer and said I could go when it beeped.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
[...]

They may have inferred by my presence that she had not driven, but I
don't recall them asking (or overhearing them ask others). Also there
seemed to be no groups of people sat about waiting.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
[...]

Was done last night (only got the letter yesterday lunch). Queued
outside in the cold at 10pm for 40mins - that was a lot of waiting!

Ushered and checked into a room after the jab where I was asked to
wait 15 mins but the way it was phrased was "for as long as you're
comfortable". Made to leave after 8 mins and was checked out. All
checking in/out via tablets. All this via swiftqueue.

PS Pfizer if you're wondering and next appointment 17 April same place
same time but hopefully warmer and/or more sensible entry
arrangements.

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
[...]

That does seem rather excessive - I can imagine a good number of 80+
year olds would have trouble standing about in the cold for that amount
of time!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

AnthonyL wrote:

Was done last night (only got the letter yesterday lunch). Queued
outside in the cold at 10pm for 40mins - that was a lot of waiting!

Ushered and checked into a room after the jab where I was asked to
wait 15 mins but the way it was phrased was "for as long as you're
comfortable". Made to leave after 8 mins and was checked out. All
checking in/out via tablets. All this via swiftqueue.

PS Pfizer if you're wondering and next appointment 17 April same place
same time but hopefully warmer and/or more sensible entry
arrangements.

Similar experience to me.

I arrived at 22:20, ten minutes before my allocated time, at a
Park & Ride in Nottingham.

There was a substantial queue, which would have been even longer
if everyone knew how far 2 metres was.

We were given disposable masks, since our own cloth masks were
apparently deemed inadequate.

A little later we were checked off on a tablet, and the slow
shuffle continued, eventually reaching a tented passageway with
some radiant heaters, which were welcome on a chilly night. At
least it was dry.

Eventually we snaked up the ramp to the door of the Portakabin
structure and waited to be directed over to one of the desks.
Details were taken by one of the military staff, standard
questions asked, then another was called over for the actual jab.

We then passed through to another room with about 20 seats (1)
spaced out for our compulsory 15 minute wait, before being
checked out on another tablet. Left at 23:30. The queue looked to
be about the same length as when I arrived.

So, pleasant and efficient, but running about 30 minutes late.

(1) There seemed to be just about enough seats, so that gives an
operating rate for the site of 80 per hour.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:44:00 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

On 29/01/2021 10:18, AnthonyL wrote:

Have I missed something? Are people routinely tested for Covid when
they turn up for their vaccination?

I took my mother for her jab last week. The procedure was, turn up at
appointed time. Sanitise hands at desk and wait for a "guide". They ran
through questions (any symptoms, previous allergic reactions, any other
vaccines in the last 7 days, are you on any blood thinning medications.
do you consent etc). Then wait for nurse to collect, who led you to the
next free consultation room for the jab, after which, here is your card,
and a sheet of notes, you are free to go.

No physical checks/tests of any kind. I expect the procedure will not be
the same everywhere.

Aren't they missing a trick and some valuable statistics and
information?

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 29/01/2021 10:18, AnthonyL wrote:

Have I missed something? Are people routinely tested for Covid when
they turn up for their vaccination?

I took my mother for her jab last week. The procedure was, turn up at
appointed time. Sanitise hands at desk and wait for a "guide". They ran
through questions (any symptoms, previous allergic reactions, any other
vaccines in the last 7 days, are you on any blood thinning medications.
do you consent etc). Then wait for nurse to collect, who led you to the
next free consultation room for the jab, after which, here is your card,
and a sheet of notes, you are free to go.

No physical checks/tests of any kind. I expect the procedure will not be
the same everywhere.

Aren't they missing a trick and some valuable statistics and
information?

Only if they can file and retrieve the information they collect
reliably. NHS IT systems are notorious for having write only memory.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Yesterday, at the Vaccination Centre they were able to bring up all my
basic details on their laptops.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Just after I posted this 3 letters came regarding booking, one from
NHS and two identical referring me to swiftqueue. The NHS was showing
me locations 20+ miles away. The swiftqueue, after faffing to create
an account (my Patient access login to my surgery didn't work) gave me
an appointment for tonight and 2nd dose on Sat 17th April, so it's a
good job I don't have any parties booked.

It'll be interesting to see which of the two I get.

Shortly after I booked my surgery texted me to say I could book via
swiftqueue.

They are certainly on the case.

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 16:09:10 +0000, AnthonyL wrote:

Shortly after I booked my surgery texted me to say I could book via
swiftqueue.

They are certainly on the case.

I had a text Wednesday night telling me to call the GP practice and/or
use a website.

Before I had a chance to call on Thursday, they called me and I'm booked
in for tomorrow (Saturday).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

AnthonyL wrote:
Have I missed something? Are people routinely tested for Covid when
they turn up for their vaccination?

No, not where I and M-I-L were vaccinated here in Suffolk anyway.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
AnthonyL wrote:
Have I missed something? Are people routinely tested for Covid when
they turn up for their vaccination?

IR temp check only.

--
*Re-elect nobody

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Covid testing when being vaccinated

Not that I'm aware of unless there is a need for it and it often depends
where you go for it, one of the big places or a doctors surgery.
Indeed volunteers are tested each time they come in, but never offered the
vaccine unless they are in the target age.

"AnthonyL" wrote in message
Have I missed something? Are people routinely tested for Covid when
they turn up for their vaccination?

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?

Texas Covid Surge ! ! Texas Covid Surge ! ! [email protected] Home Repair 10 June 21st 20 01:05 AM
[OT] Can mail be contaminated with Covid-19? T i m UK diy 2 March 25th 20 08:44 AM
[OT] Can mail be contaminated with Covid-19? Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) UK diy 1 March 24th 20 05:41 PM
testing testing bob Home Repair 6 March 27th 11 06:19 AM
Laws requiring portable appliance testing and electrical installation testing if any? Z UK diy 9 June 14th 04 11:00 AM