Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Patio sliding door height adjustment

Are all UPVC patio sliding doors height adjustable?

Ours is about 12 years old. It has 8 latching points, 6 are on the side and the other 2 are at the top and bottom where the locking bolt goes up and down. It often catches on the bottom bolt plate when the weather gets really cold.
I thought I would take a look at it to see if I could raise it by a few mm so that it cleared the bottom place but I cannot see any height adjustment screws. The only screws that I can see are for holding the lock mechanism in place. I cant see any holes along the bottom edge (face) of the frame either (inside or out).

Do some doors need to be removed for the height to be adjusted?

It also seems slightly different to all the doors that I can when I have been "Googling" in that the sliding door is on the outside of the house. All of the ones that I have seen have the sliding door on the inside. Maybe I havent looked at enough examples!

Thanks

Alan
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 09/01/2021 15:26, AlanC wrote:
[...]

If no adjustments then it may need re-packing (toe & heel)
google for info.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/01/2021 11:15, ss wrote:
On 09/01/2021 15:26, AlanC wrote:
Are all UPVC patio sliding doors height adjustable?

Ours is about 12 years old.Â* It has 8 latching points, 6 are on the
side and the other 2 are at the top and bottom where the locking bolt
goes up and down.Â* It often catches on the bottom bolt plate when the
weather gets really cold.
I thought I would take a look at it to see if I could raise it by a
few mm so that it cleared the bottom place but I cannot see any height
adjustment screws.Â* The only screws that I can see are for holding the
lock mechanism in place.Â* I cant see any holes along the bottom edge
(face) of the frame either (inside or out).

Do some doors need to be removed for the height to be adjusted?

It also seems slightly different to all the doors that I can when I
have been "Googling" in that the sliding door is on the outside of the
house.Â* All of the ones that I have seen have the sliding door on the
inside.Â* Maybe I havent looked at enough examples!

Thanks

Alan

If no adjustments then it may need re-packing (toe & heel)
google for info.

The keyword was 'sliding'. It is on rollers like the bogies
at each end of a railway carriage. There should be an adjustment
screw, and I would start by googling 'replacement sliding
patio door rollers' to see what you come up with. Google
should provide some images.

"toe and heel" is only relevent to doors and windows that are hinged
on one vertical side where the glass provides the triangulation
that keeps the whole unit square (or rectangular).