Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flo gas

I have installed flogas bottle in my calor fir which ran out but the burners won't light but pilot light is on

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-3086390-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 7 January 2021 at 20:31:06 UTC, Mrclion. wrote:
I have installed flogas bottle in my calor fir which ran out but the burners won't light but pilot light is on

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-3086390-.htm

Fascinating I've never seen gas bottles installed in a fire.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Really? They replaced Paraffin heaters but really they do give off as much
water vapour and pong so unless you experience power cuts a lot its not
worth having them unless you love cleaning and decorating every few years.
I do hope this thread is actually recent.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"John J" wrote in message
On Thursday, 7 January 2021 at 20:31:06 UTC, Mrclion. wrote:
I have installed flogas bottle in my calor fir which ran out but the
burners won't light but pilot light is on

--
For full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-3086390-.htm

Fascinating I've never seen gas bottles installed in a fire.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 08:59:09 -0000, Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:

Really? They replaced Paraffin heaters but really they do give off as
much water vapour and pong ...

Portable gas heaters do shove out a fair bit of water vapour but they
don't smell anything as strongly as a paraffin one.

... so unless you experience power cuts a lot its not worth having them
unless you love cleaning and decorating every few years.

Gas burns very clean compared to even a well adjusted and set up
paraffin heater.

I do hope this thread is actually recent.

Probably not.

I have installed flogas bottle in my calor fir which ran out but

the
burners won't light but pilot light is on

1) Has the "new" bottle got gas in it?

2) A portable heater normally runs on butane (blue bottles from
Calor). Butane won't vapourise at low temperatures. If this new
cylinder has been stored outside or in an unheated garge it might be
too cold to vapourise at a rate suffcient for the burners but OK for
the pilot. Wait for it to warm up.

3) Lump of crud blocking the outlet valve. Remove the regulator and
push the pin down in the centre of the connection on the cylinder.
Fairly powerful jet of gas should emerge. Don't have you face over it
and probably best to do outdoors...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Shower-flo Nutkey UK diy 2 August 18th 10 11:32 AM
"Hi-Flo" quick connects - tried 'em yet? Jon Danniken[_2_] Metalworking 22 July 12th 09 05:55 AM
Natural Gas - Pictures and Diagrams of Natural Gas, Natural Gas Furnace, Natural Gas Grill, Natural Gas Heater, Natural Gas Water Heater and Natural Gas Vehicle [email protected] Home Ownership 3 June 18th 07 06:34 AM
Natural Gas - Pictures and Diagrams of Natural Gas, Natural Gas Furnace, Natural Gas Grill, Natural Gas Heater, Natural Gas Water Heater and Natural Gas Vehicle [email protected] Home Repair 1 June 18th 07 05:32 AM
Gas Fire - Fire basket and gas engine or just a simple Valor gas fire? Farouq UK diy 2 March 6th 06 11:04 PM