Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Brexit deal OT

On Mon, 28 Dec 2020 07:58:19 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 27/12/2020 17:58, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 27 Dec 2020 16:29:45 +0000, T i m wrote:

On Sun, 27 Dec 2020 07:44:40 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

Not good!

But you voted to leave, *surely* this (whatever it is) is what you
voted for?

I didn't vote (to leave or remain) as I was pretty sure my idea of
what that could turn out to be could be very different to what it
actually turns out to be, and that risk at that time simply wasn't
worth *any* gamble. The vote split made an unpredictable output even
more likely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrZp3zx0pUU&t=1s

And what ****** would ask people to like and subscribe to their
propaganda at the *begriming* of them reading out like a robot?

So, suck it up, it's what you *actually* voted for.

Certainly not what I had in mind, anyway. I always thought any deal
would be only be done if it disadvantaged the UK in some way. IMV the
BEST deal would have been NO DEAL. Still, it's done now and we'll just
have to make the best of it.

It is May's deal with the worst turds taken out, a time limit and a
break clause.

But it is not a deal between equals.

The ERG have given it a clean bill of health and that's well good
enough for me at any rate, NP!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Yes, I have been following the debate and have slightly moved
positions., It is despite the EU, grudgingly a deal between sovereign
powers.
It still is May's deal with the worst turds taken out, and there is a
lot that needs to be thrown out or modified down the line, but wewill
run with it.

--
"Nature does not give up the winter because people dislike the cold."

ۥ Confucius
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 30 Dec 2020 05:20:30 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Yes, I have been following the debate and have slightly moved
positions., It is despite the EU, grudgingly a deal between sovereign
powers.
It still is May's deal with the worst turds taken out, and there is a
lot that needs to be thrown out or modified down the line, but wewill
run with it.

Well, we can toss the remaining bits we don't like overboard in due
course. At least the remoaners can't bitch about no deal/WTO any more.