Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Installing new electric oven

What's the deal these days with installing a new oven?Â* Im looking at replacement built-in ovens on www.AO.com.Â* My understanding was that ovens either come with a 13A plug attached, in which case you can simply plug them into an ordinary socket; or they need to be hardwired into a suitable existing oven circuit, usually when they are higher current drawers.

But looking at the dropdown options, I see the following:

1. Comes with plug attached, no electrician required
2. Requires plug/cable attaching by an electrician
3. Needs hardwiring by an electricianÂ*

So whats option 2 all about please?!

The second thing is that (apparently!) I have to install 2 single electric ovens side by side. Â*I have a cooker circuit in the kitchen; is it ok to fit two hardwired ovens to this? Â*How about one hardwired oven plus one with a 13A plug (eg can I add a 13A socket to the cooker circuit?)

Thanks!