Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Insulating around the supply cable

Following the recent thread about cables passing through insulation it has left me with a dilemma regards the supply cable.

My supply cable emerges out of the sub-floor and passes through an approx. 50mm gap between the first joist and the wall. However the run of the cable is not vertical due to the alignment between the entry point and the cutout the alignment is approx. 150 - 200mm out and the result is that the cable forms a lazy S in the space between joist and wall. This makes sleeving impossible.

Originally, I was simply going to PU foam the gap but the previous thread has made me a bit cautious. I could possibly get some of that flexible corrugated sleeving and split it along its length to get it around the cable but suspect there would be gaps at the bends allowing PU in against the cable. To my mind the gap in insulation is too great to ignore so I would welcome any advice please.

Richard