Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default escaped salmon

On Sun, 13 Sep 2020 12:22:43 +0100, Richard
wrote:

snip

At last, you admit that your quoted:

"It can take 1 pound or more of fish from the ocean to produce 1 pound
of farmed salmon or sea bass."

is BS

Where did I admit anything of the sort, lying troll.

https://www.peta.org/issues/animals-...h/aquafarming/

"Fish Feed

Many species of farmed fish are carnivorous, which means that
additional fish must be caught from our already-exhausted oceans in
order to feed them. It can take 1 pound or more of fish from the ocean
to produce 1 pound of farmed salmon or sea bass. Aquafarmers have even
begun to feed fish oil and fish meal to fish who naturally eat only
plants in an effort to make them grow faster. The aquaculture industry
uses up nearly 70 percent of the global supply of fish meal and nearly
90 percent of the global supply of fish oil."

Now, if you have anything you can cite that disproves any of that,
please present it.

Thanks, as you say - for playing.

No, thank you.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/09/2020 12:43, T i m wrote:
Very belatedly. A whole six days after... On Sun, 13 Sep 2020 12:22:43
+0100, Richard
wrote:

snip

At last, you admit that your quoted:

"It can take 1 pound or more of fish from the ocean to produce 1 pound
of farmed salmon or sea bass."

is BS

Where did I admit anything of the sort, lying troll.

That is a very unkind slur.

He
One pound of fish to produce one pound of fish - effishency.

Not.

It is.

BS

/q

Off your meds again?
Apologies for the all about that bass which got you to change your tune
to cod.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip

At last, you admit that your quoted:

"It can take 1 pound or more of fish from the ocean to produce 1 pound
of farmed salmon or sea bass."

is BS

Where did I admit anything of the sort, lying troll.

That is a very unkind slur.

Only if it's not the truth?

He
One pound of fish to produce one pound of fish - effishency.

Not.

It is.

BS

/q

And, WTF are you trying to say / prove?

Off your meds again?

You obviously need to go back on yours?

Apologies for the all about that bass which got you to change your tune
to cod.

What?

Recap. Feeding farmed fish with fish caught in the wild where the net
gain in 'meat' is only equal, doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

If you don't believe that to be true, you disprove it.

I stopped eating cod (as did many people of course, even though they
*thought* they still were), when our cod stocks were under threat.

Now, what were you wittering on about again?

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

It's all about that bass... Where did the cod come into it?

escaped salmon Stephen Cole UK diy 3 September 19th 20 11:22 AM
OT - Cedar Wanna-Be Plank Salmon Results julvr Woodworking 8 May 31st 06 07:54 PM
SOT - Cedar for Cedar Baked Salmon julvr Woodworking 1 May 10th 06 09:16 PM
No cedar, PTL for Salmon plank on the BBQ? CW Woodworking 21 May 10th 06 07:31 PM