Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Working from home

I hear a lot of those "working from home" want to make it their normal practice for the future.
However they have just proved that some Indian can work from home but for £3,000/year rather than £30,000/year.
Plus the saving in not renting office space.

I think they need to hurry back to work before someone notices this.

This is the reason the gov. wants to install broadband everywhere.
To export your job, not enable you to play video games.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'd have thought this was old news. The NHS is using this method for putting
patient records on the computer. Its supposed to be annonamised by only
using code numbers but one worry is, if nobody English can read doctors
writing what chance tdo the Indians have?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"harry" wrote in message
I hear a lot of those "working from home" want to make it their normal
practice for the future.
However they have just proved that some Indian can work from home but for
3,000/year rather than 30,000/year.

Plus the saving in not renting office space.

I think they need to hurry back to work before someone notices this.

This is the reason the gov. wants to install broadband everywhere.
To export your job, not enable you to play video games.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 18/09/2020 08:05, harry wrote:

This is the reason the gov. wants to install broadband everywhere.
To export your job, not enable you to play video games.

Installing broadband surely makes it marginally less likely your job
will be exported?

However, I tend to agree with you. I let my old London office to a very
nice guy, called Trevor Asserson. He emigrated to Israel, where wages
are lower than the UK. he's a solicitor, and there is a steady stream of
UK solicitors who emigrate to Israel with up-to-date UK legal skills. He
hires them, and he has a thriving UK legal practice in Israel.

Of course, that can be replicated in India, although AFAIK it hasn't
been. One reason is that UK people emigrate to Israel for religious
reasons, whereas there doesn't seem to be the same exflux of trained
people to India. That may change.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well Brian, you'll find that from a population of 1 billion people
there will probably be a greater number that can do written English to a
higher standard than half the population of this country, innit?

On 18/09/2020 12:25, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
I'd have thought this was old news. The NHS is using this method for putting
patient records on the computer. Its supposed to be annonamised by only
using code numbers but one worry is, if nobody English can read doctors
writing what chance tdo the Indians have?
Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:
I hear a lot of those "working from home" want to make it their normal
practice for the future.
However they have just proved that some Indian can work from home but for
£3,000/year rather than £30,000/year.

Plus the saving in not renting office space.

I think they need to hurry back to work before someone notices this.

This is the reason the gov. wants to install broadband everywhere.
To export your job, not enable you to play video games.

It is true that the working from home idea is a threat to UK jobs.
Employers can just as easily employ someone in a part of the UK were living
costs, and therefore salaries, are lower as someone in London/ the South
East. Or someone in the Far East for a tiny fraction of the cost.

So, all those skivers refusing to return to work are actually contributing
to their future unemployment.

The Government wont even need to waste money on fast broadband, no one
will be working from home or very few at least. They will be unemployed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:
On 18/09/2020 08:05, harry wrote:

This is the reason the gov. wants to install broadband everywhere.
To export your job, not enable you to play video games.

Installing broadband surely makes it marginally less likely your job
will be exported?

However, I tend to agree with you. I let my old London office to a very
nice guy, called Trevor Asserson. He emigrated to Israel, where wages
are lower than the UK. he's a solicitor, and there is a steady stream of
UK solicitors who emigrate to Israel with up-to-date UK legal skills. He
hires them, and he has a thriving UK legal practice in Israel.

Of course, that can be replicated in India, although AFAIK it hasn't
been. One reason is that UK people emigrate to Israel for religious
reasons, whereas there doesn't seem to be the same exflux of trained
people to India. That may change.

How exactly does your logic work?

The Governments broadband initiative is for domestic and remote areas. Not
places where established businesses with overseas offices are likely to be.

The thousands of office workers too lazy to return to work because they can
skive at home arent going to move to India or Israel. They will expect to
be supported by the rest of us who are still working and paying taxes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/09/2020 09:06, Radio Man wrote:
GB wrote:
[...]

but brian you are retired? ....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:
[...]

that is because anybody who is working from home farting about on a
computer is not doing any useful job anyway ....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/09/2020 08:17, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 19/09/2020 09:06, Radio Man wrote:

The thousands of office workers too lazy to return to work because they can
skive at home arent going to move to India or Israel. They will expect to
be supported by the rest of us who are still working and paying taxes.

but brian you are retired? ....

In a manner of speaking. No less than twice, IIRC, never even making it
to the official retirement age. What was he saying about skiving?

--
Spike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/09/2020 09:29, Spike wrote:
On 19/09/2020 08:17, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 19/09/2020 09:06, Radio Man wrote:

The thousands of office workers too lazy to return to work because they can
skive at home arent going to move to India or Israel. They will expect to
be supported by the rest of us who are still working and paying taxes.

but brian you are retired? ....

In a manner of speaking. No less than twice, IIRC, never even making it
to the official retirement age. What was he saying about skiving?

think he is still trying to pretend he is somebody else''''he would be
better named M3classB radio man .....

well I admit skiving for the last ten years....tee hee...stuff working

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/09/2020 09:06, Radio Man wrote:
It is true that the working from home idea is a threat to UK jobs.
Employers can just as easily employ someone in a part of the UK were living
costs, and therefore salaries, are lower as someone in London/ the South
East.

So house prices there will rise, and London house prices will fall. All
that does is spread the population away from urban centres.

Or someone in the Far East for a tiny fraction of the cost.

Who cant speak English and has no idea how English society works or what
English law is - **** has already been outsourced. BT help lines are
markedly worse and BT is no cheaper than my all UK ISP...

So, all those skivers refusing to return to work are actually contributing
to their future unemployment.

No. If they are in fact working from home chances are they will continue.

The Government wont even need to waste money on fast broadband, no one
will be working from home or very few at least. They will be unemployed.

The government isn't wasting money, Openreach is. And work needs less
bandwidth by and large than streaming videos...

Its wise to learn to think before you open your mouth

too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

come on this is brian reay you are talking to....tee hee
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 19/09/2020 09:06, Radio Man wrote:
It is true that the working from home idea is a threat to UK jobs.
Employers can just as easily employ someone in a part of the UK were living
costs, and therefore salaries, are lower as someone in London/ the South
East.

So house prices there will rise, and London house prices will fall. All
that does is spread the population away from urban centres.

Or someone in the Far East for a tiny fraction of the cost.

Who cant speak English and has no idea how English society works or what
English law is - **** has already been outsourced. BT help lines are
markedly worse and BT is no cheaper than my all UK ISP...

But companies rarely learn from the mistakes of others. I was recently
asked to investigate a contract to out source the work for a major
insurance company to the Far East.

Im still considering it.

The work involves training the locals in UK culture, including TV series.
That is why I dont like the idea.

So, all those skivers refusing to return to work are actually contributing
to their future unemployment.

No. If they are in fact working from home chances are they will continue.

No according to the company above. They plan a massive cost savings.

The contract isnt the only one.

The Government wont even need to waste money on fast broadband, no one
will be working from home or very few at least. They will be unemployed.

The government isn't wasting money, Openreach is. And work needs less
bandwidth by and large than streaming videos...

Its wise to learn to think before you open your mouth

If you say so.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry laid this down on his screen :
I hear a lot of those "working from home" want to make it their normal
practice for the future.
However they have just proved that some Indian can work from home but for
3,000/year rather than 30,000/year.

Plus the saving in not renting office space.

Trouble with out sourcing such things to India is, that India leaks
your seriously very personal data, as I found out with Talktalk.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote on 19/09/2020 :
Who cant speak English and has no idea how English society works or what
English law is - **** has already been outsourced. BT help lines are markedly
worse and BT is no cheaper than my all UK ISP...

+1
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
[...]

definitely not Bryan.

--
It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established
authorities are wrong.

Voltaire, The Age of Louis XIV
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
[...]

you are right...It's brian ......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/09/2020 08:20:22, Richard wrote:
Well Brian, you'll find that from a population of 1 billion people
there will probably be a greater number that can do written English to a
higher standard than half the population of this country, innit?

And some eminent people like Einstein would be in the lower half.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
[...]

Mr Wrong.

--
"And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch".

Gospel of St. Mathew 15:14