Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y

Default PAYG SIM minutes don't run out - no monthly top up

On 14/09/2020 23:58, Mark wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Also Three's 321 tariff, topups do not run out. They also do a free
200MB per month data card.
I think everyone requires occasional usage to keep the SIM active.

Doesn't exist anymore.

Really - where do you look to not see that?

3 certainly does a basic free sim that is payg

Yes I know - I have several of both types. It wasn't clear what
"Doesn't exist anymore" and it read as though the Data Rewards
doesnt' exit when in fact it is the 321 that disappointing has
disappeared.

well my credit never runs out. I use the thing so little that I never
convert it to a time expiring 'deal'.

I have no idea what I have - just 3 payg is all I know

3 still do a PAYG sim which the credit does not run out, but its now
10p min 10p text and 5p MB
and also has this the the T&C
"if within a 180 days you have not made any chargeable events or activities
(for example, made telephone calls, sent text or photo messages, accessed
content using the internet or any other Three Services for which a charge is
made), we may also suspend our Services or disconnect you."

-

What ****s.

treble the price without warning.

Im under the impression that existing 321 sims carry on under the old
pricing. So not a price rise, technically a withdrawn and replaced product.

well yes. That seems to be the case but its still a tripling in price. Why?

Pre-empting Brexit fallout?

Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y

On 14/09/2020 23:58, Mark wrote:
[...]

Try not to be sillier than God made you.

--
€œThe fundamental cause of the trouble in the modern world today is that
the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt."

- Bertrand Russell

Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y

On 14/09/2020 23:58, Mark wrote:
[...]

Not at all. Without a trade deal - which is looking increasingly likely -
connection and roaming charges to the EU are likely to go up for uk
networks from 31st December.

Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y

On 14/09/2020 23:58, Mark wrote:
[...]

They are just as likely to stay the same. No service is being pushed
across an EU boundary. You will tell me next there will be a surcharge
for accessing the European Internet.

--
Of what good are dead warriors? €¦ Warriors are those who desire battle
more than peace. Those who seek battle despite peace. Those who thump
Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
You will tell me next there will be a surcharge
for accessing the European Internet.

VAT/IP ... extra 20% added to all packets?

Mike Brown: mjb[-at-]signal11.org.uk | http://www.signal11.org.uk

Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y

On 14/09/2020 23:58, Mark wrote:
[...]

The analogy is incorrect. We very obviously pay different rates for roaming
in and calls to other countries outside of the EU. Try making calls in
Australia or Singapore with a UK a SIM for 3ppm. Likewise Russians or
Egyptians calling EU residents pay more than we do currently. That's what
being a "third country".

Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y

On 14/09/2020 23:58, Mark wrote:
[...]

these are merely places where no decent service provider deals are done,
it has nothing to do with government *unless governments choose to
intervene*.

The EU did and bigs it up as a huge success.

But glancing at my 3 mobile prices chart, half the world is in the same
roaming rate as EU destinations.

It simply has nothing to do with Britain's status in Europe or not. Its
another remoaner myth .

Like food standards, UK food standards are in general higher than those
of the EU, we cannot refuse food from eastern Europe that we would not
allow to be produced in this country, for example.

Mark Twain
Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y

On 14/09/2020 23:58, Mark wrote:
[...]

And yet they've unilaterally increased prices, which you were bitterly
complaining about. Hmm...? The timing is suspicious and I won't be
surprised when the other networks lose their 321 or similar plans.

It simply has nothing to do with Britain's status in Europe or not. Its
another remoaner myth .

Roaming costs for all EU citizens were absolutely dropped by the EU
commission. That's undeniable.

Like food standards, UK food standards are in general higher than those
of the EU, we cannot refuse food from eastern Europe that we would not
allow to be produced in this country, for example.

Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y

Like food standards, UK food standards are in general higher than those
of the EU, we cannot refuseÂ* food from eastern Europe that we would not
allow to be produced in this country, for example.

Could be somewhat premature, what price chlorinated chicken?

--

Fake news kills!

www.macfh.co.uk