Jo

Default I need new knobs!!

Hello,

I'm jazzing up some old pine furniture for my daughter's room. I've sanded,
am about to print pink daisies on some of the drawer & door fronts,
varnished etc etc. (thanks to advice from some of you lot the wood has come
up a treat...we're really pleased with the result). However, the door &
drawer knobs are looking a bit tired & I thought about replacing them with
some plastic pink daisies I thought I had seen (at a very reasonable price)
from B&Q. However, I couldn't find them in the shop...perhaps I had
imagined them! Does anyone know where I can find such a thing? I need
about 20 knobs in total so they can't be too expensive. I've had a look on
the Internet & on eBay but everything I've seen so far is about £3 - £4 per
knob...too much!
Please let me know if you have an idea where I can find pretty girly knobs
(preferably pink & daisy-like - to go with a Hello Kitty bedroom for a
5-year-old).
Thanks,
Jo

raden

In message , Jo
writes
Hello,

I'm jazzing up some old pine furniture for my daughter's room. I've sanded,
am about to print pink daisies on some of the drawer & door fronts,
varnished etc etc. (thanks to advice from some of you lot the wood has come
up a treat...we're really pleased with the result). However, the door &
drawer knobs are looking a bit tired & I thought about replacing them with
some plastic pink daisies I thought I had seen (at a very reasonable price)
from B&Q. However, I couldn't find them in the shop...perhaps I had
imagined them! Does anyone know where I can find such a thing? I need
about 20 knobs in total so they can't be too expensive. I've had a look on
the Internet & on eBay but everything I've seen so far is about £3 - £4 per
knob...too much!

You could always keep your original knobs, sand the fronts flat and
stick whatever designs you want on the front - making for complete
originality.

There are probably loads of ways of doing this, from cutting pictures
out of magazines, gluing them onto thin wood which you then cut out and
varnish the whole thing before sticking it onto the old knob, to glueing
plastic hairclips with girly designs onto the knobs.

--
geoff

Dave Liquorice

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 21:13:54 +0100, Jo wrote:

I've sanded, am about to print pink daisies on some of the drawer &
door fronts, varnished etc etc. (thanks to advice from some of you
lot the wood has come up a treat...we're really pleased with the
result).

Well you appear to have the skills to paint pink daisies so why not
get plain pine knobs and give them the same treatment? The sheds have
them and a few sizes, don't know the cost though...

I have vague memories of flowers on white background knobs as well but
I don't think they would go very well against varnished pine.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

John Rumm

Jo wrote:

Please let me know if you have an idea where I can find pretty girly knobs
(preferably pink & daisy-like - to go with a Hello Kitty bedroom for a
5-year-old).

Try:-

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Hard...es/d170/sd2598

They have packs of 10 plain knobs for under 6 quid. You could then
decorate as required.

--
Cheers,

John.

half_pint

I have a big knob going spare ;O)

Seriously though, try googling on "big knobs"

I am sure u will find something to suit your needs. :O|

"Jo" wrote in message
[...]

raden

In message , half_pint
writes
I have a big knob going spare ;O)

DIY accident ?

--
geoff
Suz

[...]

Here's some Hello Kitty ones...
http://www.funtocollect.com/hellokittyknob.html

N. Thornton

"Suz" wrote in message . ..
I'm jazzing up some old pine furniture for my daughter's room. I've

up a treat...we're really pleased with the result). However, the door &
drawer knobs are looking a bit tired & I thought about replacing them with
some plastic pink daisies I thought I had seen (at a very reasonable

got it:
www.24studio.co.uk
"wooden flower pegs"
Suz

costs a fortune but look at these - you can specify the colour too

http://www.knobelties.com/Knobs/Daisy_Knobs.htm

Tim

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 09:50:19 +0100, Suz wrote:

costs a fortune but look at these - you can specify the colour too

http://www.knobelties.com/Knobs/Daisy_Knobs.htm

It sounds intriguing but after some of the recent SPAM, I'm too scared to
look! :-|

Jo

Yep! I saw these too, but they were a little on the expensive side. I'm
still trying to look at Nick's suggestion of the 'wooden flower pegs' in
Studio catalogue www.24studio.co.uk but I can't find them!

Jo

Mary Fisher

"Tim" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 09:50:19 +0100, Suz wrote:

costs a fortune but look at these - you can specify the colour too

http://www.knobelties.com/Knobs/Daisy_Knobs.htm

It sounds intriguing but after some of the recent SPAM, I'm too scared to
look! :-|

Oh go on, brace yourself, you know you want to!

OK, I'l;l have a look for you ... hang on ...

Mary Fisher

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Tim" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 09:50:19 +0100, Suz wrote:

costs a fortune but look at these - you can specify the colour too

http://www.knobelties.com/Knobs/Daisy_Knobs.htm

It sounds intriguing but after some of the recent SPAM, I'm too scared

look! :-|

Oh go on, brace yourself, you know you want to!

OK, I'll have a look for you ... hang on ...

Yes, daisy-shaped knobs in every colour you can think of. 2" diameter, I
think.

Boring or what!

Mary

Suz

Boring or what!

Mary

Not rising to it.

Suz

[...]

Another site, price okish
http://www.makeamuralstencils.com/DoorKnobs.htm

N. Thornton

"Suz" wrote in message . ..
"Jo" wrote in message
Yep! I saw these too, but they were a little on the expensive side. I'm
still trying to look at Nick's suggestion of the 'wooden flower pegs' in
Studio catalogue www.24studio.co.uk but I can't find them!

Jo

me either.

item number 004-632-64KC
but if youve found real knobs theyd be better, save hacksawing the stem down.

NT