Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default from faceplook,,,,

Bob Saunders
3 days ago (edited)
Getting licenced in the UK has NEVER been easier foundation,
intermediate or full. I mean you don't even have to leave your home for
foundation presently! Come on what was this discussion really about!?

Give licences away like smarties and you de-value it completely, the
whole idea is to make an effort for the things you want if you really
want them, not be handed them on a ruddy plate whilst making a mockery
of the hard work previous licencees who were not that technically minded
had to go through to enjoy what they now have.

Nobody is stopping anyone from doing anything, the licence structure is
there to encourage self learning and furtherance in the hobby, if after
you have passed and gained all that knowledge if you do not use all that
you have learned fine, but at least you did it and have a solid
foundation should you wish to pursue other areas of Ham radio.

Just because you are not good or do not enjoy technical subjects doesn't
mean you shouldn't have a knowledge and understanding of them like every
other ham up until now. All that needs changing is the poorly thought
out 10w/50w/400w combined with each level because there are many who
ignore their licencing conditions and again make a mockery of the system
and those within it just because they can and not get caught doing it.
If you don't want to sit a simple foundation test go and park yourself
on 555 for the next cycle that should be enough to encourage anyone to
sit an easy foundation test as good old 11 meters ain't what it used to
be a couple of cycles ago.

Guess many have realised that over the years, got off their arse and
moved on to something bigger and better.

Lastly, it has to be said and emphasised that once the full licence is
passed as I did over 25 years ago, this is just the beginning of the
journey, there is so much more to learn. Having studied the Radio
Amateurs Examination manual way back then I have used many of the things
i learned and tried my best to understand.

Had I not had some education in them then I would have come unstuck on
many occasions, had a lack of understanding about how things worked,
which is important, thus reducing the satisfaction i have gained from
this great hobby.

It seems a shame that the system in the Uk comes under so much scrutiny,
critique and unnecessary analysis on occasion, it is a good system if
treated for what it is and the way it was intended, if people in general
would be honest, stop taking the mick and stay within their licencing
conditions nothing would need to change.

For those that say it should be easier to get on HF and transmit, if it
was made any easier, yes you would simply purchase a licence and be let
loose, if you think that's a good idea there is something wrong and if
you think the Ham radio community on mass is going to agree with it,
think again.

Having something for nothing when others have had to study and work very
hard for the same privileges is a poorly thought out idea and will
always be controversial to the majority of the Ham radio community and
for very good reason.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/08/2020 11:26, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

[...]

andÂ* those within it just because they can and not get caught doing it.
[...]

sorry wrong group AGAIN ....sorry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Finger trouble again ?.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/08/2020 11:31, Andrew wrote:
On 11/08/2020 11:26, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

Finger trouble again ?.

totly
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/08/2020 11:31, Andrew wrote:
On 11/08/2020 11:26, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

Finger trouble again ?.

how come when you cancel a message on thunderbird...it doesn't ? ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

****ed up, more like.

--
M0TEY // STC // #SaveOurNHS
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/08/2020 17:01, Stephen Cole wrote:
Andrew wrote:
On 11/08/2020 11:26, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

Finger trouble again ?.

****ed up, more like.

no
Posted to uk.d-i-y