Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Coach parking near South London

Random question..... A friend is going to be driving coaches to and fro Victoria and Amsterdam and will need to park up for 9 hours somewhere near Victoria to have a rest.

Does anyone know where he might be able to park?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 07:37:22 -0700, cpvh wrote:

Random question..... A friend is going to be driving coaches to and fro
Victoria and Amsterdam and will need to park up for 9 hours somewhere
near Victoria to have a rest.

Does anyone know where he might be able to park?

A lot of coaches park on the Victoria Embankment (despite the name, it
isn't THAT near, but not far away). Two coach drivers I know do that. No
idea about cost and duration though.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/08/2020 15:37, wrote:
Random question..... A friend is going to be driving coaches to and fro Victoria and Amsterdam and will need to park up for 9 hours somewhere near Victoria to have a rest.

Does anyone know where he might be able to park?

you might do better in uk.transport.london.

But they could start with

https://tfl.gov.uk/info-for/coach-dr...d=coachdrivers

especially

https://tfl.gov.uk/info-for/coach-dr...g-arrangements

But if they are employed then why don't they ask their employer what
arrangements are in place - if only to get clear issues such as budget.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/08/2020 16:20, Bob Eager wrote:
On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 07:37:22 -0700, cpvh wrote:

Random question..... A friend is going to be driving coaches to and fro
Victoria and Amsterdam and will need to park up for 9 hours somewhere
near Victoria to have a rest.

Does anyone know where he might be able to park?

A lot of coaches park on the Victoria Embankment (despite the name, it
isn't THAT near, but not far away). Two coach drivers I know do that. No
idea about cost and duration though.

details of those and other Westminster places are on the council
website. Surprisingly cheap last time I looked. But (bar one batch) no
overnight parking.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/08/2020 16:26, Robin wrote:
On 10/08/2020 16:20, Bob Eager wrote:
On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 07:37:22 -0700, cpvh wrote:

Random question..... A friend is going to be driving coaches to and fro
Victoria and Amsterdam and will need to park up for 9 hours somewhere
near Victoria to have a rest.

Does anyone know where he might be able to park?

A lot of coaches park on the Victoria Embankment (despite the name, it
isn't THAT near, but not far away). Two coach drivers I know do that. No
idea about cost and duration though.

details of those and other Westminster places are on the council
website.Â* Surprisingly cheap last time I looked.Â* But (bar one batch) no
overnight parking.

I thought Vic Embankment had been turned into a massive cycle
lane, enraging quite a few people ?

Don't forget the new congestion charges for certain types of
diesel vehicles.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I assumed he would be sleeping in the coach, as he didnt ask about accommodation.

I suspect his employer (abroad) has asked him to check this out.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 12:14:16 -0700, cpvh wrote:

I assumed he would be sleeping in the coach, as he didnt ask about
accommodation.

I suspect his employer (abroad) has asked him to check this out.

The 9 hours could be during the day. Roll up at 10, leave at 7.
Passengers on day trip.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks for all the replies.

I think there is some budget, but he didnt like the sound of £100 per night near the Blackwall Tunnel.

I found a hotel near Gatwick which might be cheap enough
If they dont charge for coach parking, but I think he has to drop his passengers in central London, and then hes not got enough hours to get to somewhere like Gatwick.