Old August 2nd 20, 05:46 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: Birdsong ID

This record has some bird singing during the first 40 seconds. Can
some kind soul inform me *which species* is the lead vocalist lending
its talents to Supertramp in this instance, please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqPkB1IVqmg

Old August 2nd 20, 06:07 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/08/2020 17:46, Cursitor Doom wrote:
This record has some bird singing during the first 40 seconds. Can
some kind soul inform me *which species* is the lead vocalist lending
its talents to Supertramp in this instance, please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqPkB1IVqmg

Sounds like a blue tit to me.
Old August 2nd 20, 06:25 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Could be but louder than I'd heard them normally. Is there some kind of app
like Shazam for birds?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
o.uk...

Old August 2nd 20, 06:28 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/08/2020 17:46, Cursitor Doom wrote:
This record has some bird singing during the first 40 seconds. Can
some kind soul inform me *which species* is the lead vocalist lending
its talents to Supertramp in this instance, please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqPkB1IVqmg

blackbird?

Josef Stalin

Old August 2nd 20, 06:39 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/08/2020 18:07, Farmer Giles wrote:
On 02/08/2020 17:46, Cursitor Doom wrote:
This record has some bird singing during the first 40 seconds. Can
some kind soul inform me *which species* is the lead vocalist lending
its talents to Supertramp in this instance, please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqPkB1IVqmg

Sounds like a blue tit to me.

I'm pretty sure now that it's not a blue tit. My birdwatcher son can't
identify it, and doesn't think that it's a British bird - possibly
American he says.

Old August 2nd 20, 07:57 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 2 Aug 2020 18:28:05 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 02/08/2020 17:46, Cursitor Doom wrote:
This record has some bird singing during the first 40 seconds. Can
some kind soul inform me *which species* is the lead vocalist lending
its talents to Supertramp in this instance, please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqPkB1IVqmg

blackbird?

That was my initial suspicion (but I'm no bird expert!)
Old August 2nd 20, 08:18 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 2 August 2020 17:46:30 UTC+1, Cursitor Doom wrote:
This record has some bird singing during the first 40 seconds. Can
some kind soul inform me *which species* is the lead vocalist lending
its talents to Supertramp in this instance, please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqPkB1IVqmg

I've got an app on my Android tablet which is quite good. Might be BirdNet - but could be one of the others. Testing it, I found most suggestions totally believable. Less good on birds that don't so much sing as squawk or screech.

(Sorry - tablet is not with me.)

I also find PlantNet quite good - for plants, not birds.
Old August 2nd 20, 08:35 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17:46 2 Aug 2020, Cursitor Doom said:

This record has some bird singing during the first 40 seconds. Can
some kind soul inform me *which species* is the lead vocalist lending
its talents to Supertramp in this instance, please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqPkB1IVqmg

Could it be a skylark?

https://www.british-birdsongs.uk/sky-lark/
Old August 2nd 20, 11:23 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/08/2020 20:18, polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Sunday, 2 August 2020 17:46:30 UTC+1, Cursitor Doom wrote:
This record has some bird singing during the first 40 seconds. Can
some kind soul inform me *which species* is the lead vocalist lending
its talents to Supertramp in this instance, please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqPkB1IVqmg

I've got an app on my Android tablet which is quite good. Might be BirdNet - but could be one of the others. Testing it, I found most suggestions totally believable. Less good on birds that don't so much sing as squawk or screech.

(Sorry - tablet is not with me.)

I also find PlantNet quite good - for plants, not birds.

Flora Incognita (Free Android app). You take a picture of the flower, a
leaf and the whole plant and it has a pretty good stab at identification.

--
Max Demian