Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Error of % + digits?

On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 08:44:38 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote:

Isn't it best to know the absolute worst? When I take a reading, I want
to know how high or low it could possibly be. Somebody with your attitude
decided it was ok to make double 13A sockets that only take 20 amps total.

But rating twin sockets at a total of 20 amps is only an extension of
not rating a ring (or other) circuit at the total possible load if 13
amps was drawn at every socket.

No it isn't. The ring is protected by a fuse, if you try to use 13A at every socket, that fuse blows. But a twin socket will give out 26A and nothing will blow, until it melts. Every point in every circuit should be fused for anything that could overload there.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

newsp.0npfk5v2wdg98l@glass...

Commander Kinsey wrote:

Isn't it best to know the absolute worst? When I take a reading, I want
to know how high or low it could possibly be. Somebody with your
attitude
decided it was ok to make double 13A sockets that only take 20 amps
total.

But rating twin sockets at a total of 20 amps is only an extension of
not rating a ring (or other) circuit at the total possible load if 13
amps was drawn at every socket.

No it isn't. The ring is protected by a fuse, if you try to use 13A at
every socket, that fuse blows. But a twin socket will give out 26A and
nothing will blow, until it melts. Every point in every circuit should be
fused for anything that could overload there.

No one does standard sockets that way world wide.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 14 Jul 2020 05:47:29 +1000, %%, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH troll**** unread

--
FredXX to Rodent Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder