Jerry Built

Default Mighton sash window parts.

I'm contemplating using Mighton plastic parting bead to
partially draughtproof some sash windows, and stop them
rattling. Has anyone used this? The problem I have is
that the bead is supplied in lengths of 2.4m and 3m,
neither of which work well with these windows - there
will be maybe 40% wastage, unless I can join lengths.
So: can lengths be joined, and how? Any other helpful
information will be very welcome.

J.B.

stuart noble

Jerry Built wrote in message ...
I'm contemplating using Mighton plastic parting bead to
partially draughtproof some sash windows, and stop them
rattling. Has anyone used this? The problem I have is
that the bead is supplied in lengths of 2.4m and 3m,
neither of which work well with these windows - there
will be maybe 40% wastage, unless I can join lengths.
So: can lengths be joined, and how? Any other helpful
information will be very welcome.

Can't really see the benefit of plastic, and the sashes will "catch" on a
joint I would think. IIRC nobody does a springy plastic bead that would take
up the slack.
The staff bead stops the inner sash moving but it's difficult to tighten up
the outer one without either making the sash itself, or the protruding part
of the parting bead, thicker. Or fixing a strip of something to the outer
edge of the box. You could try angling the bead slightly. A right fiddle
however you tackle it.