EricP

Default ANyone priced up Rads lately?

Domestic situation. 7 rads required.
Stelrad Compact type (enclosed convectors)

Screwfix seem the keenest online.

Anyone come across any choice prices or offers?

Cheers

logized

"EricP" wrote in message
news
Domestic situation. 7 rads required.
Stelrad Compact type (enclosed convectors)

Screwfix seem the keenest online.

Anyone come across any choice prices or offers?

Cheers

I don't think the Screwfix radiators are made by Stelrad, but they are very
cheap.
I was going to get some Stelrads from http://www.bhl.co.uk/shop/ but
instead, I got a better deal on some Biasi rads from my local plumbers
merchant.

Dave

Paper2002AD

Try Plumb Centre for current offers
EricP

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 09:21:13 +0000 (UTC), "logized"
wrote:

"EricP" wrote in message
news
Domestic situation. 7 rads required.
Stelrad Compact type (enclosed convectors)

Screwfix seem the keenest online.

Anyone come across any choice prices or offers?

Cheers

I don't think the Screwfix radiators are made by Stelrad, but they are very
cheap.
I was going to get some Stelrads from http://www.bhl.co.uk/shop/ but
instead, I got a better deal on some Biasi rads from my local plumbers
merchant.

Dave

Looked at Biasi last night.

Cheers for the info )

EricP

On 02 Sep 2004 09:32:40 GMT, (Paper2002AD) wrote:

Try Plumb Centre for current offers

W"ill do, they are just down the road )

G&M

"EricP" wrote in message
news
Domestic situation. 7 rads required.
Stelrad Compact type (enclosed convectors)

Screwfix seem the keenest online.

Anyone come across any choice prices or offers?

Go to your local Grahams with the prices they have to beat.

fred

In article , EricP
writes
On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 09:21:13 +0000 (UTC), "logized"
wrote:

"EricP" wrote in message
news
Domestic situation. 7 rads required.
Stelrad Compact type (enclosed convectors)

Screwfix seem the keenest online.

Anyone come across any choice prices or offers?

Cheers

I don't think the Screwfix radiators are made by Stelrad, but they are very
cheap.
I was going to get some Stelrads from http://www.bhl.co.uk/shop/ but
instead, I got a better deal on some Biasi rads from my local plumbers
merchant.

Dave

Looked at Biasi last night.

They're the brand sold by B&Q, so make your own conclusions.

http://discountedheating.co.uk/ are a discounted seller for Plumbcenter -
and I mean 40-60% discount - have a look there & maybe get some quality
gear (Stelrad, Myson) at a reasonable price. I bought from them for my
system & used Stelrad Elite radiators in the P+ style; that's 2 radiator
panels with a single convector element between, which I found less
obtrusive that the more commonly used double (panel) convector. See the
site for details.
--
fred
EricP

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 11:41:23 GMT, fred wrote:

Looked at Biasi last night.

They're the brand sold by B&Q, so make your own conclusions.

Yes, cheers.

http://discountedheating.co.uk/ are a discounted seller for Plumbcenter -
and I mean 40-60% discount - have a look there & maybe get some quality
gear (Stelrad, Myson) at a reasonable price. I bought from them for my
system & used Stelrad Elite radiators in the P+ style; that's 2 radiator
panels with a single convector element between, which I found less
obtrusive that the more commonly used double (panel) convector. See the
site for details.

This is the sort of info I want. Cheers )

Brett Jackson

Bought a screwfix rad about a year ago for the bathroom. I wouldn't
recommend them as it's got loads of rust at the bottom now. I wouldn't be
surprised if it starts leaking soon.

Got B&Q ones for the rest of the house and they seem fine. I had one in the
bathroom for about as long (replaced due to new bathroom) and it didn't rust
half as much - although in my opinion if it was of any quality it wouldn't
have rusted at all.

"EricP" wrote in message
news
Domestic situation. 7 rads required.
Stelrad Compact type (enclosed convectors)

Screwfix seem the keenest online.

Anyone come across any choice prices or offers?

Cheers

EricP

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 19:48:07 +0100, "Brett Jackson"
wrote:

Bought a screwfix rad about a year ago for the bathroom. I wouldn't
recommend them as it's got loads of rust at the bottom now. I wouldn't be
surprised if it starts leaking soon.

You may have saved me some problems then )

Got B&Q ones for the rest of the house and they seem fine. I had one in the
bathroom for about as long (replaced due to new bathroom) and it didn't rust
half as much - although in my opinion if it was of any quality it wouldn't
have rusted at all.

John Laird

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 11:41:23 GMT, fred wrote:

In article , EricP
writes

Looked at Biasi last night.

They're the brand sold by B&Q, so make your own conclusions.

When I bought a rad from B&Q a year or so back, it was obviously a Stelrad
unit. I admit I've not checked since.

--
Another brilyunt mind diztroyed by publik edukashn.

Mail john rather than nospam...
John Laird

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 19:48:07 +0100, "Brett Jackson" wrote:

Bought a screwfix rad about a year ago for the bathroom. I wouldn't
recommend them as it's got loads of rust at the bottom now. I wouldn't be
surprised if it starts leaking soon.

I wouldn't recommend Barlo (as found in Wickes) for the same reason. The
paint was clearly applied with the panel sat on its base, leaving a poorly
finished bottom seam. I had two rust away in the bathroom as a result.
Switched to a Stelrad unit from B&Q. Much better paint finish, although it
is noticeably creamy-white. Still, beats rust brown...

--
My computer has a nut loose on the keyboard.

Mail john rather than nospam...
G&M

"John Laird" wrote in message
On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 11:41:23 GMT, fred wrote:

In article , EricP
writes

Looked at Biasi last night.

They're the brand sold by B&Q, so make your own conclusions.

When I bought a rad from B&Q a year or so back, it was obviously a Stelrad
unit. I admit I've not checked since.

They were selling those off about a year ago and now stock some brand
beginning with 'B' but can't remember the whole name. Looked a bit crap
IMO.

John Laird

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 20:39:39 +0100, "G&M" wrote:

"John Laird" wrote in message
.. .

When I bought a rad from B&Q a year or so back, it was obviously a Stelrad
unit. I admit I've not checked since.

They were selling those off about a year ago and now stock some brand
beginning with 'B' but can't remember the whole name. Looked a bit crap
IMO.

Fairy nuff.

--
Send $50 and I'll double your IQ or no money back!

Mail john rather than nospam...

hot swapping rads N. Thornton UK diy 18 August 9th 04 06:31 PM
Combies , corgo gas fitters, rads and stuff Andrew Welham UK diy 4 May 17th 04 08:45 PM
Microbore rads Edrich UK diy 2 May 16th 04 05:22 PM
Pressure Testing Rads and Keston air intake Andrew UK diy 24 December 23rd 03 10:42 PM
Cold Rads N. Thornton UK diy 3 November 13th 03 06:30 PM