stuart noble

Default washing machine plumbing

At present I have a hot and cold feed and waste pipe in position, running
parallel about 2" off the floor and bracketed to the wall.
I reckon to use 90 deg elbows to bring the water pipes up a couple of feet,
then elbow wm valves. Are brackets likely to give enough room to fit the
hoses easily, or should I angle them out slightly? Maybe there's another
approach.
The existing waste pipe is solvent welded to the soil pipe outside so I
can't change the height of exit but, as it stands, there won't be room for a
trap that you could undo easily. (It was previously connected to a bath
where the trap was partly sunk in the solid floor. Really useful!) My plan
is to maybe use a flexible universal compression waste pipe to raise the
height and convert to the compression system, and then a standard wm trap.
Don't know how much height I could gain this way.
All at sea with plumbing so any advice appreciated.