Default New kitchen ring main

In the midst of putting in new sockets in the kitchen...

http://www.aspy.demon.co.uk/kit_ring.gif (not to scale, but cable routes are
planned physical layout)

I think the only query is if the loop up to the FCU for the cooker hood is
ok going up the wall behind the cooker (I guess the wall shouldnt really get
hot enough to affect the cable rating?). I suppose the FCU could be moved
either side of the cooker, in line with one of the other sockets (ie in
their vertical, non-protected wiring zone). Any comments?

cheers

Dave.

I did wonder that, but I have a 100m drum of cable here and I would only be
saving a couple of metres at most.

"db" wrote in message
save cable. the fcu should be a spur

"a" wrote in message
In the midst of putting in new sockets in the kitchen...

http://www.aspy.demon.co.uk/kit_ring.gif (not to scale, but cable routes

are
planned physical layout)

I think the only query is if the loop up to the FCU for the cooker hood

is
ok going up the wall behind the cooker (I guess the wall shouldnt really

get
hot enough to affect the cable rating?). I suppose the FCU could be

moved
either side of the cooker, in line with one of the other sockets (ie in
their vertical, non-protected wiring zone). Any comments?

cheers

Dave.

Alex

"a" wrote in message
I did wonder that, but I have a 100m drum of cable here and I would only

be
saving a couple of metres at most.

Forget saving cable, worry about saving swearing away when trying to fit 3
cables into a single gang back box in a small space above a cooker hood!

Are you able to fit the FCU directly above one of the sockets? You will -
save cable, maintain only horizontal/vertical runs between outlets.

Alex

rrh

Of course you can have the FCU as a spur but I recently did something
similar to you and had no problem getting the cables into the back of the
FCU.

chris French

In message , rrh
writes

Of course you can have the FCU as a spur but I recently did something
similar to you and had no problem getting the cables into the back of the
FCU.

Ditto, I've got a couple of FCU's on a ring with no great problem .
Though I'd probably do this as a spur (indeed I did in my kitchen)
--
Chris French, Leeds