Kooky45

Default Loft insulation sizes and suppliers

Hi everyone,

I need to resinsulate my loft but I can't find suitable insulation.
The ceiling joists are at 600mm centres, and there is a central
section where the joist have been raised to 150mm for boarding. So, I
need 570mm wide x 2000mm long x 150mm deep insulation for the raised
section to replace the very poor insulation there. For the rest of
the loft I want to top up the existing insulation, laying it transvers
to the joists so the width doesn't really matter.

The only insulations I've found so far is Knauf from B&Q and Homebase,
but althought it's 570mm wide it's only 100mm thick. They also have
the Space Blanket rolls which I could use for the rest of the loft
though. I can't find anyone who supplies Owens Corning locally and
their web site doesn't list UK suppliers although I did get some from
B&Q a few years back.

Can anyone help recommend a brand and a supplier in the UK please with
more suitable insulation?