Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Outlook 2019 - emails double deliveries

Some weeks ago, there was some sort of corruption of my email login to
Plusnet's mail server, which stopped the arrival of email. When I had
sorted this out, Outlook downloaded duplicate copies of all the emails
on the server, to my Inboxes. I sorted that out via Outlook's 'Folder
CleanUp'.

I filter with rules, various senders into several folders, so had to do
the above for each and it worked fine and the duplicates stopped
arriving, except....

One Groups.io folder, which continues to collect and fill up with
duplicate emails. Not a great problem, but anyone know why it is doing
this?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 09 Jul 2020 14:10:04 +0100, Harry Bloomfield, Esq.
wrote:

Some weeks ago, there was some sort of corruption of my email login to
Plusnet's mail server, which stopped the arrival of email. When I had
sorted this out, Outlook downloaded duplicate copies of all the emails
on the server, to my Inboxes. I sorted that out via Outlook's 'Folder
CleanUp'.

I filter with rules, various senders into several folders, so had to do
the above for each and it worked fine and the duplicates stopped
arriving, except....

One Groups.io folder, which continues to collect and fill up with
duplicate emails. Not a great problem, but anyone know why it is doing
this?

Could it be something to do with filter settings? I had certain
emails showing in the special folder and the Inbox at the same time. I
cannot remember the problem with the settings but it was creating a
copy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Scott pretended :
Could it be something to do with filter settings? I had certain
emails showing in the special folder and the Inbox at the same time. I
cannot remember the problem with the settings but it was creating a
copy.

You were it seems correct. I have just upgraded recently from Outlook
97, in which I set up all the rules. Duplicated rules never caused any
issue in 97, but it seems the do in 2019. I have deleted the duplicate
and it seems to have worked fine since - its just that it happened soon
after the upgrade and when my email login was corrupted and I was
getting duplicates in all of the folders.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/07/2020 14:10, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Some weeks ago, there was some sort of corruption of my email login to
Plusnet's mail server, which stopped the arrival of email. When I had
sorted this out, Outlook downloaded duplicate copies of all the emails
on the server, to my Inboxes. I sorted that out via Outlook's 'Folder
CleanUp'.

I filter with rules, various senders into several folders, so had to do
the above for each and it worked fine and the duplicates stopped
arriving, except....

One Groups.io folder, which continues to collect and fill up with
duplicate emails. Not a great problem, but anyone know why it is doing
this?

It sounds likely its a filter problem - perhaps duplicate filters...
however what kind of mailbox access are you using (i.e. POP3, IMAP, or
Exchange)?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm used his keyboard to write :
It sounds likely its a filter problem - perhaps duplicate filters... however
what kind of mailbox access are you using (i.e. POP3, IMAP, or Exchange)?

It is sorted now, due to duplicate filters which have been in place for
years, but only began acting up with the update to O 2019. I'm using
POP3.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/07/2020 10:44, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
John Rumm used his keyboard to write :
It sounds likely its a filter problem - perhaps duplicate filters...
however what kind of mailbox access are you using (i.e. POP3, IMAP, or
Exchange)?

It is sorted now, due to duplicate filters which have been in place for
years, but only began acting up with the update to O 2019. I'm using POP3.

Yup that makes sense... (POP3 servers typically don't so anything one
the server with your mail, so it would have to be a local filter related
thing)

--
Cheers,

John.