Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default OT Todays customer

Well really the customers Dad be he is supposed to be a joiner and is a
site manager.

Simple job, the wall between the games room and utility room is coming
down to make room for the new gym and the study will become the new
utility (mainly because the study had never been used).

4 pipes to cap off and asked if I could do is as he did not know how.

I did not have the parts on me so gave him the Screwfix shopping list.

Links here
https://www.screwfix.com/p/94176
https://www.screwfix.com/p/69329

Well he did not go to screwfix but used a plumbers merchants.

Any one care to guess what I actually got (amount wise)?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/07/2020 20:14, ARW wrote:
Well really the customers Dad be he is supposed to be a joiner and is a
site manager.

Simple job, the wall between the games room and utility room is coming
down to make room for the new gym and the study will become the new
utility (mainly because the study had never been used).

4 pipes to cap off and asked if I could do is as he did not know how.

I did not have the parts on me so gave him the Screwfix shopping list.

Links here
https://www.screwfix.com/p/94176
https://www.screwfix.com/p/69329

Well he did not go to screwfix but used a plumbers merchants.

Any one care to guess what I actually got (amount wise)?

4 pipes, so he got you 2 stop ends and 1 insert.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 07/07/2020 20:22, GB wrote:
On 07/07/2020 20:14, ARW wrote:
Well really the customers Dad be he is supposed to be a joiner and is
a site manager.

Simple job, the wall between the games room and utility room is coming
down to make room for the new gym and the study will become the new
utility (mainly because the study had never been used).

4 pipes to cap off and asked if I could do is as he did not know how.

I did not have the parts on me so gave him the Screwfix shopping list.

Links here
https://www.screwfix.com/p/94176
https://www.screwfix.com/p/69329

Well he did not go to screwfix but used a plumbers merchants.

Any one care to guess what I actually got (amount wise)?

4 pipes, so he got you 2 stop ends and 1 insert.

Of course;-) And he swore blind it was my fault.

He now has to get a plumber in as I am not going back to cap them off
(90 to 120 min 65 mile drive). I was going to snatch the CH pipes so at
least my drive home was done in dry clothes.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 07/07/2020 20:52, Tim Streater wrote:
On 07 Jul 2020 at 20:14:09 BST, ARW wrote:

Well really the customers Dad be he is supposed to be a joiner and is a
site manager.

Simple job, the wall between the games room and utility room is coming
down to make room for the new gym and the study will become the new
utility (mainly because the study had never been used).

4 pipes to cap off and asked if I could do is as he did not know how.

I did not have the parts on me so gave him the Screwfix shopping list.

Links here
https://www.screwfix.com/p/1/94176
https://www.screwfix.com/p/1/69329

"Page not found" in both cases.

Fixed

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 07/07/2020 21:34, Tim Streater wrote:
On 07 Jul 2020 at 20:56:16 BST, ARW wrote:

On 07/07/2020 20:52, Tim Streater wrote:
On 07 Jul 2020 at 20:14:09 BST, ARW wrote:

Well really the customers Dad be he is supposed to be a joiner and is a
site manager.

Simple job, the wall between the games room and utility room is coming
down to make room for the new gym and the study will become the new
utility (mainly because the study had never been used).

4 pipes to cap off and asked if I could do is as he did not know how.

I did not have the parts on me so gave him the Screwfix shopping list.

Links here
https://www.screwfix.com/p/1/94176
https://www.screwfix.com/p/1/69329

"Page not found" in both cases.

Fixed

Ta. So the cretin didn't bother to read what he'd be gatting had he gone to
Screwfix.

He got his mate to chisel the tiles off the utility stud wall they were
demolishing.

They also broke the granite worktop.

The chef did not turn up so the son went hungry.

I love work.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/07/2020 20:14, ARW wrote:
Well really the customers Dad be he is supposed to be a joiner and is a
site manager.

Simple job, the wall between the games room and utility room is coming
down to make room for the new gym and the study will become the new
utility (mainly because the study had never been used).

4 pipes to cap off and asked if I could do is as he did not know how.

I did not have the parts on me so gave him the Screwfix shopping list.

Links here
https://www.screwfix.com/p/94176
https://www.screwfix.com/p/69329

Error 404
Page not found.
It's either been moved or it doesn't exist any more.

Error 404
Page not found.
It's either been moved or it doesn't exist any more.

Well he did not go to screwfix but used a plumbers merchants.

Any one care to guess what I actually got (amount wise)?

An infinite amount of nothing (page not found)?

kind word alone.

Al Capone

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Did you ever see that old series called cowboys. although they were pretty
inept workmenn, they did seem to often get the customers from hell as well.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

wrote:

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 07/07/2020 20:14, ARW wrote:
[...]

I found them OK - what were you doing wrong?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:

ARW wrote:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/94176
https://www.screwfix.com/p/69329

"Page not found" in both cases.

Need an extra level in the path (can be anything such as /x) but can get
rid of the www.

https://screwfix.com/p/x/94176
https://screwfix.com/p/x/69329
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
On 07/07/2020 20:22, GB wrote:
On 07/07/2020 20:14, ARW wrote:
Well really the customers Dad be he is supposed to be a joiner and is a
site manager.

Simple job, the wall between the games room and utility room is coming
down to make room for the new gym and the study will become the new
utility (mainly because the study had never been used).

4 pipes to cap off and asked if I could do is as he did not know how.

I did not have the parts on me so gave him the Screwfix shopping list.

Links here
https://www.screwfix.com/p/94176
https://www.screwfix.com/p/69329

Well he did not go to screwfix but used a plumbers merchants.

Any one care to guess what I actually got (amount wise)?

4 pipes, so he got you 2 stop ends and 1 insert.

Of course;-) And he swore blind it was my fault.

Have I got this right?

he worked out that from screwfix he wanted 2 times pack of 2

and you went to the PM and got two times a single item

How is that not your fault?

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)
wrote:
Did you ever see that old series called cowboys. although they were
pretty inept workmenn, they did seem to often get the customers from hell
as well. Brian

There was a van in West London marked "You've tried the cowboys, now try
the Indians"

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim... wrote:

and you went to the PM and got two times a single item
How is that not your fault?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/07/2020 10:41:25, tim... wrote:

"ARW" wrote in message
On 07/07/2020 20:22, GB wrote:
On 07/07/2020 20:14, ARW wrote:
[...]

The customer was given a shopping list.

It seems the customer was bright enough to transcribe the parts but not
the quantities.

Where a shopping list includes packs, ARW can't be responsible where the
customer can't cope with packs. It is also obvious with 4 pipes to be
capped you need 4 ends and 4 inserts.

You'd have thought the customer would be able to use Youtube to show him
the principles of capping the pipe. Or Adam could have shown him what do
do with the single pipe he might have capped.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARW wrote:
Well really the customers Dad be he is supposed to be a joiner and is a
site manager.

Simple job, the wall between the games room and utility room is coming
down to make room for the new gym and the study will become the new
utility (mainly because the study had never been used).

4 pipes to cap off and asked if I could do is as he did not know how.

I did not have the parts on me so gave him the Screwfix shopping list.

Links here
https://www.screwfix.com/p/94176
https://www.screwfix.com/p/69329

Well he did not go to screwfix but used a plumbers merchants.

Any one care to guess what I actually got (amount wise)?

Changed times. Once, the carpenter would have a good working knowledge of
all trades on site.

--
*My dog can lick anyone

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:
Did you ever see that old series called cowboys. although they were
pretty inept workmenn, they did seem to often get the customers from
hell as well. Brian

Can't remember the full cast other than Roy Kinear, but one of them
actually could plaster.

There are a few luvvies around with trade skills. But pretty rare.

--
*Sleep with a photographer and watch things develop

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"charles" wrote in message
In article , Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)
wrote:
Did you ever see that old series called cowboys. although they were
pretty inept workmenn, they did seem to often get the customers from hell
as well. Brian

There was a van in West London marked "You've tried the cowboys, now try
the Indians"

are they allowed to say that?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:
Did you ever see that old series called cowboys. although they were
pretty inept workmenn, they did seem to often get the customers from
hell as well. Brian

Can't remember the full cast other than Roy Kinear, but one of them
actually could plaster.

There are a few luvvies around with trade skills. But pretty rare.

The sensible ones have something which provides an income when they are
"resting",

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

What for ?. You should have taken your G/F with you, sledge hammer
in hand ....

They also broke the granite worktop.

The chef did not turn up so the son went hungry.

I love work.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/07/2020 15:28, tim... wrote:

"charles" wrote in message
In article , Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)
wrote:
Did you ever see that old series called cowboys. although they were
pretty inept workmenn, they did seem to often get the customers from
hell
as well. Brian

There was a van in West London marked "You've tried the cowboys, now try
the Indians"

are they allowed to say that?

I did wonder whether they were from India?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 08/07/2020 12:14, Fredxx wrote:

You'd have thought the customer would be able to use Youtube to show him
the principles of capping the pipe. Or Adam could have shown him what do
do with the single pipe he might have capped.

I managed to cap two pipes off. There was a spare T joint after I had
capped the cold off. I managed to get one of the inserts out of that.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/07/2020 18:14, GB wrote:
On 08/07/2020 15:28, tim... wrote:

"charles" wrote in message
In article , Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)
wrote:
Did you ever see that old series called cowboys. although they were
pretty inept workmenn, they did seem to often get the customers from
hell
as well. Brian

There was a van in West London marked "You've tried the cowboys, now try
the Indians"

are they allowed to say that?

I did wonder whether they were from India?

I've just looked them up, and they are called Patel and Singh. Some sort
of clue there?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/07/2020 18:57, GB wrote:
On 08/07/2020 18:14, GB wrote:
On 08/07/2020 15:28, tim... wrote:

"charles" wrote in message
In article , Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)
wrote:
Did you ever see that old series called cowboys. although they were
pretty inept workmenn, they did seem to often get the customers
from hell
as well. Brian

There was a van in West London marked "You've tried the cowboys, now
try
the Indians"

are they allowed to say that?

I did wonder whether they were from India?

I've just looked them up, and they are called Patel and Singh. Some sort
of clue there?

That would be Pakistani and Punjabi then: Not necessarily Indian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

[...]

Actually the cretin (and his stupid mate) went to screwfix only to find
out that it was click and collect before going the plumbers merchants.

I needed some brown silicone on Sunday. Lou ordered it on her phone as I
was driving there. She knew it was in stock and we passed screwfix on
the way between jobs.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I've just looked them up, and they are called Patel and Singh. Some sort of clue
there?

That would be Pakistani and Punjabi then: Not necessarily Indian.

Patels are Hindus; originally from Gujurat, India (Grandfather), some later
moved to Uganda (father) and finally to a newsagents in Hertfordshire and
thence to the Home Office

Singhs are Sikhs from the Indian province of Punjab whose forbears will have
moved to the appropriate side of the border in 1945. The area of historic
Punjab which ended up in Pakistan is inhabited nowadays by Muslims.

HTH

michael adams

" I have less income now than the minimum wage by a huge margin. So I use my time to
save money. I cook, do DIY, sew, mend, repair and in general live the way my postwar
parents taught me, and their Depression era parents taught them. On a shoestring."

The Natural Philosopher

Posted to uk.d-i-y

michael adams wrote:

I've just looked them up, and they are called Patel and Singh. Some sort of clue
there?

That would be Pakistani and Punjabi then: Not necessarily Indian.

Patels are Hindus; originally from Gujurat, India (Grandfather), some later
moved to Uganda (father) and finally to a newsagents in Hertfordshire

Were we talking in particular about the Home Secretary?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
michael adams wrote:

I've just looked them up, and they are called Patel and Singh. Some sort of clue
there?

That would be Pakistani and Punjabi then: Not necessarily Indian.

Patels are Hindus; originally from Gujurat, India (Grandfather), some later
moved to Uganda (father) and finally to a newsagents in Hertfordshire

Were we talking in particular about the Home Secretary?

The Home Secretary is a well known example of a Patel.

And like all Patels, contrary to the claim being made by The Natural Philospher
she is not, and never has been a Pakistani.

Which was the sole point at issue; whether or not Patels are Pakistanis.

michael adams