Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LiveCams

What would be handy during these times would be livecams that were
popular at one time (are they still?).

Placed where there might be a queue, outside the DIY sheds for example
(keeping it almost on topic).

Would be nice to have a look before setting off.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/06/2020 17:12, R D S wrote:
What would be handy during these times would be livecams that were
popular at one time (are they still?).

Placed where there might be a queue, outside the DIY sheds for example
(keeping it almost on topic).

Would be nice to have a look before setting off.

My local tip has introduced cameras so that you can see the size of the
queues before you set off.

https://www.veolia.co.uk/southend/re...centre-webcams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

R D S wrote:

Would be nice to have a look before setting off.

not cameras, and more for supermarkets than diy sheds when I tried it,
but see Crowdless App
Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m Wrote in message:
On 22/06/2020 17:12, R D S wrote:
What would be handy during these times would be livecams that were
popular at one time (are they still?).

Placed where there might be a queue, outside the DIY sheds for example
(keeping it almost on topic).

Would be nice to have a look before setting off.

My local tip has introduced cameras so that you can see the size of the
queues before you set off.

https://www.veolia.co.uk/southend/re...centre-webcams

Neat!
Bet that not one council run equivalent has cameras up to "help"
the customers...?

--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 22 June 2020 17:12:09 UTC+1, R D S wrote:
What would be handy during these times would be livecams that were
popular at one time (are they still?).

Placed where there might be a queue, outside the DIY sheds for example
(keeping it almost on topic).

Would be nice to have a look before setting off.

There are quite a few around - I can see how busy some places are quite easily. But finding the webcams is a nightmare. There are so many sites which are there just to act as clickbait, webcams that haven't worked in years, ones so poor you can't effectively see anything, etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

R D S pretended :
Would be nice to have a look before setting off.

+1
Posted to uk.d-i-y

After serious thinking Andy Burns wrote :
not cameras, and more for supermarkets than diy sheds when I tried it, but
see Crowdless App

That seems to work for several local places around here, it gives a
percentage of crowdedness and whether they are open. I wonder how they
assess the number of customers?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Crowdless App

That seems to work for several local places around here, it gives a
percentage of crowdedness and whether they are open. I wonder how they
assess the number of customers?

I think the supermarkets already have footfall trackers*, seems
crowdless are tapping into that data, plus users of the app can
crowdsource some datapoints for them

[*] why do you think the stores offer free wifi, and had (have?)
bluetooth beacons ...