Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY DIY power tool batteries

A quick heads up... on my travels around Aliexpress I came across sellers
like this:

https://uslss.aliexpress.com/store/g...504339970.html
(seller 'dawupine official store')

One interesting thing they sell is kits for building your own power tool
batteries. For $15-20 they provide the shell to fit your
Makita/Dewalt/Bosch/etc tool, the battery management circuit board inside
the battery, and all the parts to put it together. You provide some lithium
ion cells (usually 18650 or 21700 size) - either new or harvested from old
batteries.

The advantage of this approach over buying aftermarket batteries is that if
you buy the cells from a reputable source you know they are good quality,
rather than whatever race-to-the-bottom cells the knockoff battery
manufacturer chose to fit. You have to work a little harder to fit them
though (it helps to buy cells with pre-welded tabs to make the job
easier).

I have no experience with this seller or their products, but thought it was
worth mentioning. Other sellers are available...

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Theo wrote:
[...]

It would be great if someone provided pre-welded packs of 18650s for 18,
20 and 24 volts.

Looking inside several assorted batteries I have here, the same cell pack
would fit all of the same voltage.

--
*If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.