Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ASCII Art

On 18/06/2020 18:38, Anthony Stewart wrote:
We'd be printing these after we learnt Fortran 101 in 1970 and playing Lunar Lander on the IBM teletype between class.

It was our 2nd inspiration after the punch-card entry gal who had front bumpers like the most overtly sexual car parts ever made.

I later learned how to inadvertently consume all the Numerical Analysis class's semester CPU time making Calcomp graphical plotter birthday cards in Uni.

Yeah I remember I got a severe bollocking one year when I printed off a
few huindred pages of what I thought was some very original "Christmas
Wrapping paper".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/06/2020 14:39, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
I remember the animals you could make from ascii, but sadly its all lost to
me now. As I recall, Sheep were very popular.
Brian

you might enjoy this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtlrITxB5qg&t=458s

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:
I remember the animals you could make from ascii, but sadly its all lost to
me now. As I recall, Sheep were very popular.

This is my mate Jim Stewart from uk.radio.amateurs favourite:

8===D

--
M0TEY // STC // #SaveOurNHS
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 10:52:50 -0000 (UTC), Stephen Cole wrote:

This is my mate Jim Stewart from uk.radio.amateur s favourite:

8===D

Some where I've proably got a 5 hole tape with a 4' long HD version
of that.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 10:52:50 -0000 (UTC), Stephen Cole wrote:

This is my mate Jim Stewart from uk.radio.amateurâ s favourite:

8===D

Some where I've proably got a 5 hole tape with a 4' long HD version
of that.

Jim would love that. Itd probably trigger these visions he gets when he
sees certain men on the television.

--
M0TEY // STC // #SaveOurNHS

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 10:52:50 -0000 (UTC), Stephen Cole wrote:

This is my mate Jim Stewart from uk.radio.amateurâ s favourite:

8===D

Some where I've proably got a 5 hole tape with a 4' long HD version
of that.

Jim would love that. Itd probably trigger these visions he gets when he
sees certain men on the television.

PLEASE NO

I knew youd start having your visions, Jim. You randy old *******, mate.
Thanks, Jim.

--
M0TEY // STC // #SaveOurNHS
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 10:52:50 -0000 (UTC), Stephen Cole wrote:

This is my mate Jim Stewart from uk.radio.amateurâ s favourite:

8===D

Some where I've proably got a 5 hole tape with a 4' long HD version
of that.

Jim would love that. Itd probably trigger these visions he gets when he
sees certain men on the television.

PLEASE NO

I knew youd start having your visions, Jim. You randy old *******, mate.
Thanks, Jim.

sorry just can't help seeing all those poofta's on telly ...doing
things...it is a curse...
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 10:52:50 -0000 (UTC), Stephen Cole wrote:

This is my mate Jim Stewart from uk.radio.amateurâ s favourite:

8===D

Some where I've proably got a 5 hole tape with a 4' long HD version
of that.

Jim would love that. Itd probably trigger these visions he gets when he
sees certain men on the television.

PLEASE NO

I knew youd start having your visions, Jim. You randy old *******, mate.
Thanks, Jim.

sorry just can't help seeing all those poofta's on telly ...doing
things...it is a curse...

Jim, get help, Jim. Thanks, Jim.

--
M0TEY // STC // #SaveOurNHS