Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Agricultural Trailer Renovation Project anyone? (East Yorkshire)

I've been using an old Weekes two wheel tipping trailer for many years to collect horsemuck and have it taken away by a local farmer. It's been patched up and kept going a few times but the tipping deck has finally given up the ghost. The chassis, wheels and ram are still decent but I have put another old trailer into service and the Weekes is surplus to requirements.
It might make an interesting project for someone to restore it and take to shows with restored tractors. Anybody interested?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cynic wrote:

I've been using an old Weekes two wheel tipping trailer

Is it as shagged-out as this one?

https://ebay.co.uk/i/174274500950
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/06/2020 11:56, Andy Burns wrote:
Cynic wrote:

I've been using an old Weekes two wheel tipping trailer

Is it as shagged-out as this one?

https://ebay.co.uk/i/174274500950

My local brewery had been using one much worse than that for collection
of spent grain. Unfortunately it has just been replaced by a new system,
and I don't seem to have a picture. The phrase "held together by rust"
always seemed appropriate to me, although to be fair it must have had
some integrity because it regularly shifted a ton or more of grain.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns Wrote in message:
Cynic wrote:

I've been using an old Weekes two wheel tipping trailer

Is it as shagged-out as this one?

https://ebay.co.uk/i/174274500950

;)
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 11:56:53 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

Cynic wrote:

I've been using an old Weekes two wheel tipping trailer

Is it as shagged-out as this one?

https://ebay.co.uk/i/174274500950

I love the "used condition" - no, surely not!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
Cynic writes
I've been using an old Weekes two wheel tipping trailer for many years
to collect horsemuck and have it taken away by a local farmer. It's
been patched up and kept going a few times but the tipping deck has
finally given up the ghost. The chassis, wheels and ram are still
decent but I have put another old trailer into service and the Weekes
is surplus to requirements.
It might make an interesting project for someone to restore it and take
to shows with restored tractors. Anybody interested?

Don't know about showing but, for highway use, agricultural trailers are
required to have brakes in working order. Particularly a functional
handbrake.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/06/2020 15:02, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
Cynic writes
I've been using an old Weekes two wheel tipping trailer for many years
to collect horsemuck and have it taken away by a local farmer. It's
been patched up and kept going a few times but the tipping deck has
finally given up the ghost. The chassis, wheels and ram are still
decent but I have put another old trailer into service and the Weekes
is surplus to requirements.
It might make an interesting project for someone to restore it and
take to shows with restored tractors. Anybody interested?

Don't know about showing but, for highway use, agricultural trailers are
required to have brakes in working order. Particularly a functional
handbrake.

The David Brown 25D that I learned to 'drive' on, didn't have
any functioning brakes at all (full of mud, cow-**** and
seized up).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Regarding the photo of a rusty trailer, mine is much worse.
As I said it's a restoration project so **** comments about brakes are irrelevant even if it makes the poster feel good. It's worth a bit as scrap but if someone wants a challenge please get in touch.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andrew
writes
[...]

We had a Cropmaster! Side by side seating. ISTR the brake and clutch
pedals were both on the right hand side. Good tractor for a small farm.
I first drove a pre-war Standard with spiked wheels.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
Cynic writes
Regarding the photo of a rusty trailer, mine is much worse.
As I said it's a restoration project so **** comments about brakes are
irrelevant even if it makes the poster feel good. It's worth a bit as
scrap but if someone wants a challenge please get in touch.

Touchy? I'm not trying to spoil your sale. Just pointing up facts not
generally known.

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cynic Wrote in message:
Regarding the photo of a rusty trailer, mine is much worse.
As I said it's a restoration project so **** comments about brakes are irrelevant even if it makes the poster feel good. It's worth a bit as scrap but if someone wants a challenge please get in touch.

So that's not yours on eBay then? Rriigghhtt....
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I've put mine on preloved but not eBay. Having looked at eBay now I will give it a try when the preloved ad comes up for renewal.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/06/2020 10:20, Cynic wrote:
I've been using an old Weekes two wheel tipping trailer for many years to collect horsemuck and have it taken away by a local farmer. It's been patched up and kept going a few times but the tipping deck has finally given up the ghost. The chassis, wheels and ram are still decent but I have put another old trailer into service and the Weekes is surplus to requirements.
It might make an interesting project for someone to restore it and take to shows with restored tractors. Anybody interested?

I've often thought a boxed container like that would be a crowd puller
at a car boot sale, high sides so that folks can't help but walking to
and having a peer in, and the rest following like sheep?

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Cynic wrote:

I've been using an old Weekes two wheel tipping trailer

Is it as shagged-out as this one?

https://ebay.co.uk/i/174274500950

My local brewery had been using one much worse than that for collection
of spent grain. Unfortunately it has just been replaced by a new system,
and I don't seem to have a picture. The phrase "held together by rust"
always seemed appropriate to me, although to be fair it must have had
some integrity because it regularly shifted a ton or more of grain.

Are you sure about that?

Look at the other photos of the trailer..........

--
Adam

AGRICULTURAL NEWS shanthi Home Repair 0 April 21st 08 04:21 PM
The father at all the agricultural rehearsal is the week that concerns allegedly. W. A. Musshorn Electronics Repair 0 December 10th 07 12:48 AM
Is East still East & West still West? Musing about salad bowls. Arch Woodturning 8 May 18th 07 02:36 PM
Building Prices and Recommendations - East Yorkshire TheScullster UK diy 0 February 14th 05 10:35 AM
Double Glazing Recommendations East Yorkshire TheScullster UK diy 1 April 15th 04 12:23 PM