Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT yes it has...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53037431

100 glorious days without FITBA ....

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/06/2020 09:28, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53037431

100 glorious days without FITBA ....

If I wake up feeling like football I go back to bed until I feel better!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53037431

100 glorious days without FITBA ....

you don't have to watch it

or even follow the results

HTH

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 17 June 2020 09:29:01 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53037431
100 glorious days without FITBA ....

And no Wimbledon, and no Olympics.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 04:33:44 -0700, spuorgelgoog wrote:

On Wednesday, 17 June 2020 09:29:01 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53037431 100 glorious days without
FITBA ....

And no Wimbledon, and no Olympics.

Owain

Suits me, but it still dominates the news.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 04:33:44 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Wednesday, 17 June 2020 09:29:01 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53037431
100 glorious days without FITBA ....

And no Wimbledon, and no Olympics.

For once I agree with Jim (and congratulate on him getting very close
to the OT: prefix). ;-)

I think for me the biggest issue with a lot of it is that fanaticism
of some of it's followers and how tribal some of them can be, wearing
their clan colours etc.

And what happened to H&S where it's 'ok' for several people to stand
in a field and someone throws a javelin that lands close to their
feet?

When there isn't much sport / athletics on they seem to be able to
fill the schedules with other stuff so why not keep all sport /
athletics on a channel(s) dedicated to such?

From a social viewpoint, I wonder how many people 'go along' with the
following of sport of some sort because if they don't they might be
left out (of their social group), considered 'strange'? Eg, it's sorta
expected for 'blokes' (and ladettes) to follow football (specifically)
and support a team or two and be willing and able to talk BS on the
subject at any time?

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/06/2020 11:08, tim... wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53037431

100 glorious days without FITBA ....

you don't have to watch it

or even follow the results

HTH

tim

you can't avoid it in the near of Glasgow.....why do they dress up in
fitba strips...I don't get it .....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/06/2020 12:33, wrote:
On Wednesday, 17 June 2020 09:29:01 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53037431
100 glorious days without FITBA ....

And no Wimbledon, and no Olympics.

Owain

woo hoo...just gets better....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Wednesday, 17 June 2020 09:29:01 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53037431
100 glorious days without FITBA ....

And no Wimbledon, and no Olympics.

For once I agree with Jim (and congratulate on him getting very close
to the OT: prefix). ;-)

I think for me the biggest issue with a lot of it is that fanaticism
of some of it's followers and how tribal some of them can be, wearing
their clan colours etc.

And what happened to H&S where it's 'ok' for several people to stand
in a field and someone throws a javelin that lands close to their
feet?

When there isn't much sport / athletics on they seem to be able to
fill the schedules with other stuff so why not keep all sport /
athletics on a channel(s) dedicated to such?

From a social viewpoint, I wonder how many people 'go along' with the
following of sport of some sort because if they don't they might be
left out (of their social group), considered 'strange'? Eg, it's sorta
expected for 'blokes' (and ladettes) to follow football (specifically)
and support a team or two and be willing and able to talk BS on the
subject at any time?

Cheers, T i m

happens to me all the time....you are excluded.....even the wife watches
fitba without me......she loves it....all I call out is "good wee player
Strachan" ....now and again...and I am told I am well out of
date.....she is watching all those 90's cup finals at the moment and I
have to say the players looked normal in those days ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Wednesday, 17 June 2020 09:29:01 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53037431
100 glorious days without FITBA ....

And no Wimbledon, and no Olympics.

For once I agree with Jim (and congratulate on him getting very close
to the OT: prefix). ;-)

I think for me the biggest issue with a lot of it is that fanaticism
of some of it's followers and how tribal some of them can be, wearing
their clan colours etc.

And what happened to H&S where it's 'ok' for several people to stand
in a field and someone throws a javelin that lands close to their
feet?

When there isn't much sport / athletics on they seem to be able to
fill the schedules with other stuff so why not keep all sport /
athletics on a channel(s) dedicated to such?

From a social viewpoint, I wonder how many people 'go along' with the
following of sport of some sort because if they don't they might be
left out (of their social group), considered 'strange'? Eg, it's sorta
expected for 'blokes' (and ladettes) to follow football (specifically)
and support a team or two and be willing and able to talk BS on the
subject at any time?

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...are+we+not+men

or full program here if you have a login

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/...mand/45363-002

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Smolley" wrote in message ...
On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 04:33:44 -0700, spuorgelgoog wrote:

On Wednesday, 17 June 2020 09:29:01 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53037431 100 glorious days without
FITBA ....

And no Wimbledon, and no Olympics.

Suits me,

Me too.

but it still dominates the news.

Trivially fixed by using text news so you ignore all the sports ****.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/06/2020 09:51, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 17/06/2020 09:43, Broadback wrote:
On 17/06/2020 09:28, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53037431

100 glorious days without FITBA ....

If I wake up feeling like football I go back to bed until I feel better!

good man ...

So why are the BBC showing re-runs of previous games on BBC2 every day ?

Does Salt'n'Lineker get repeat fees ?.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/06/2020 14:48, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 17/06/2020 11:08, tim... wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53037431

100 glorious days without FITBA ....

you don't have to watch it

or even follow the results

HTH

tim

you can't avoid it in the near of Glasgow.....why do they dress up in
fitba strips...I don't get it .....

You would if you wore the 'wrong' colours and came to close to
the non-supporters.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 02:19 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for almost AN HOUR already!!!! LOL

On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 02:19:20 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Who or What is Rod Speed?

man" on the InterNet."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 14:53:20 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

snip

(snipping will be your next lesson, once you have fully mastered the
OT ;-)

From a social viewpoint, I wonder how many people 'go along' with the
following of sport of some sort because if they don't they might be
left out (of their social group), considered 'strange'? Eg, it's sorta
expected for 'blokes' (and ladettes) to follow football (specifically)
and support a team or two and be willing and able to talk BS on the
subject at any time?

happens to me all the time....you are excluded.....

I don't mind being excluded when it's my choice, just not when it
overwhelms everything else.

I bet it's still a minority of folk who are obsessed with sport of one
sort or another.

even the wife watches
fitba without me......she loves it....

I find women's football slightly less boring for some reason. ;-)

all I call out is "good wee player
Strachan" ....now and again...and I am told I am well out of
date.....

A mates Mrs is into 'Wimbledon'. At least he get's a few weeks (is
it?) peace and quiet doing exactly what he wants. ;-)

she is watching all those 90's cup finals at the moment and I
have to say the players looked normal in those days ....

I agree but I'm not sure it could get much worse. Hopefully, once they
have all got used to not hugging and kissing each other when they
score a goal because of Covid, they might go back to doing something
more British like a swift handshake or a subtle nod. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/06/2020 11:08, tim... wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53037431

100 glorious days without FITBA ....

you don't have to watch it

or even follow the results

HTH

tim

indeed
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes, well, I never even noticed the lack of sport, mostly cos its as
interesting to me as a cardboard model of Edward Heath.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Broadback" wrote in message
On 17/06/2020 09:28, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53037431

100 glorious days without FITBA ....

If I wake up feeling like football I go back to bed until I feel better!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Andrew
writes
On 17/06/2020 11:08, tim... wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53037431

100 glorious days without FITBA ....

you don't have to watch it

or even follow the results

HTH

tim

you can't avoid it in the near of Glasgow.....why do they dress up in
fitba strips...I don't get it .....

You would if you wore the 'wrong' colours and came to close to
the non-supporters.

I once worked near Glasgow for a short while and the lads I worked with
offered to take me to a Rangers Celtic match. One then approached me and
in a quiet whisper asked me " are you Protestant or catholic".
Obviously gave the right answer as he said " Oh good. Wouldn't want you
to be in the wrong end. You'll be safe with us".
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline