DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   ?Q?It's=20very=20lonely=E2=80=99:=20olde r?=?Q?=20people's=20fears=20of=20extended=20lockdown ?= (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/648659-%3D-utf-8-q-%3De2%3D80%3D98its%3D20very%3D20lonely%3De2%3D80%3D99-%3D20older-%3D%3D-utf-8-q-%3D20peoples%3D20fears%3D20of%3D20extended%3D20lockdown-%3D.html)

Stephen Cole April 29th 20 09:15 PM

?Q?It's=20very=20lonely=E2=80=99:=20olde r?=?Q?=20people's=20fears=20of=20extended=20lockdown ?=

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...onger-lockdown

What a mess.

--
M0TEY // STC // #SaveOurNHS

Jim GM4DHJ ... April 29th 20 10:15 PM

?B?UmU6IOKAmEl0J3MgdmVyeSBsb25lbHnigJk6IG9sZGVyIH Blb3BsZSdz?=?Q?_fears_of_extended_lockdown?=

On 29/04/2020 21:15, Stephen Cole wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...onger-lockdown

What a mess.

I'm lovin' it ...

Stephen Cole April 29th 20 11:58 PM

fears of extended lockdown

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 29/04/2020 21:15, Stephen Cole wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...onger-lockdown

What a mess.

I'm lovin' it ...

Good for you, Jim. A lot of poor *******s are going mental, though. Banged
up till vaccine, which is a couple of years away. No way to spend a
retirement, really.

--
M0TEY // STC // #SaveOurNHS

Rod Speed April 30th 20 12:29 AM

fears of extended lockdown

"Stephen Cole" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 29/04/2020 21:15, Stephen Cole wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...onger-lockdown

What a mess.

I'm lovin' it ...

Good for you, Jim. A lot of poor *******s are going mental, though.

More fool them.

Banged up till vaccine, which is a couple of years away.

That last remains to be seen.

No way to spend a retirement, really.

Jim GM4DHJ ... April 30th 20 08:12 AM

fears of extended lockdown

On 29/04/2020 23:58, Stephen Cole wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 29/04/2020 21:15, Stephen Cole wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...onger-lockdown

What a mess.

I'm lovin' it ...

Good for you, Jim. A lot of poor *******s are going mental, though. Banged
up till vaccine, which is a couple of years away. No way to spend a
retirement, really.

But they are the gregarious pub club cinema restaurant hairdresser fitba
going people....

Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) April 30th 20 08:13 AM

fears of extended lockdown

I'm afraid that the public will not tolerate it, so something will give. I
suspect that they hope by then to be able to detect cases very early on, and
use the new positive pressure oxygen masks to keep the lungs from collapsing
and getting glued together by all the gunk from the virus infection. Trouble
is a lot of people find breathing out when not allowed to fully do this
while wearing a very tight mask causes panic, and several have refused to
use it again and have died. Hard to be sure if the out come would have been
the same if they had tolerated it, but this new treatment system probably
means that people will not have to be put into a coma and have to be
connected to a traditional respirator, and hence can still eat and drink and
talk.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Jim GM4DHJ ... April 30th 20 08:21 AM

fears of extended lockdown

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 29/04/2020 21:15, Stephen Cole wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...onger-lockdown

What a mess.

I'm lovin' it ...

Good for you, Jim. A lot of poor *******s are going mental, though.

More fool them.

Banged up till vaccine, which is a couple of years away.

That last remains to be seen.

No way to spend a retirement, really.

well people like me people just adapt to the situation with no
problem...free food delivery courtesy of the wee bint......no chocolate
which is good ....no outgoings...money piling up in the bank...an
operchancity to do all the things at home with all the things you have
collected over the years but never used because it was easier to just go
out and about.......what is the alternative? a slow death with your
lungs filling up with fluid ?...tried that five years ago not nice...no
contest ....

Stephen Cole April 30th 20 08:52 AM

fears of extended lockdown

Little old ladies, Jim. Depressed as ****. Lonely. Its very sad, imo.

--
M0TEY // STC // #SaveOurNHS

Jim GM4DHJ ... April 30th 20 09:05 AM

fears of extended lockdown

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 29/04/2020 21:15, Stephen Cole wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...onger-lockdown

What a mess.

I'm lovin' it ...

Good for you, Jim. A lot of poor *******s are going mental, though. Banged
up till vaccine, which is a couple of years away. No way to spend a
retirement, really.

But they are the gregarious pub club cinema restaurant hairdresser fitba
going people....

Little old ladies, Jim. Depressed as ****. Lonely. Its very sad, imo.

they would be more depressed if the catch it.....

Peeler[_4_] April 30th 20 09:24 AM

Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 09:29:14 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

[email protected] April 30th 20 09:27 AM

fears of extended lockdown

On Thursday, 30 April 2020 08:21:44 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
well people like me people just adapt to the situation with no
problem...free food delivery courtesy of the wee bint

Not for me; and Aldi's quiche has gone from £1.19 to £1.49 in the last couple of weeks. Obviously the surplus of eggs hasn't reached the quiche factory. Spent £9 yesterday and not a week's shopping done.

......no chocolate which is good ....no outgoings...money piling up
in the bank...

savings rates through the floor and inflation through the roof

an operchancity to do all the things at home with all the things you have
collected over the years but never used because it was easier to just go
out and about.......

Fine if you've got everything you need at home. Even if Screwfix, B&Q etc were open (some are, some aren't) and selling what I needed to buy (they aren't), buses have been cut so I can't go there without disproportionate time and effort.

I'm managing, I've got more space inside and outside than many, and I like my own company. But I'd like something to look forward to.

And it's ****ing down with rain, so queueing outside shops is going to be a lot less fun than it has been.

Owain

Clive Page[_2_] April 30th 20 09:55 AM

?B?UmU6IOKAmEl0J3MgdmVyeSBsb25lbHnigJk6IG9sZGVyIH Blb3BsZSdz?=?Q?_fears_of_extended_lockdown?=

On 29/04/2020 21:15, Stephen Cole wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...onger-lockdown

What a mess.

Indeed. The other factor that doesn't seem to have been noticed is this:

My guess is that normal life including being able to attend concerts, theatres, pubs, restaurants, meeting with friends and family, and going on holidays is still many months away, and perhaps a year off. If you are in your 20s then this represents a loss of social life for perhaps 2% of your likely remaining life-span. If you are a pensioner it may well represent the loss of 10% or 20% of remaining life-span. Is that a good argument for letting us oldies out first?

--
Clive Page

The Natural Philosopher[_2_] April 30th 20 10:04 AM

On 30/04/2020 09:55, Clive Page wrote:
On 29/04/2020 21:15, Stephen Cole wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...onger-lockdown

What a mess.

Indeed.* The other factor that doesn't seem to have been noticed is this:

My guess is that normal life including being able to attend concerts,
theatres, pubs, restaurants, meeting with friends and family, and going
on holidays is still many months away, and perhaps a year off.** If you
are in your 20s then this represents a loss of social life for perhaps
2% of your likely remaining life-span.* If you are a pensioner it may
well represent the loss of 10% or 20% of remaining life-span.* Is that a
good argument for letting us oldies out first?

No.

--
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit
atrocities.

Voltaire, Questions sur les Miracles * M. Claparede, Professeur de
Théologie * Genève, par un Proposant: Ou Extrait de Diverses Lettres de
M. de Voltaire

Rod Speed April 30th 20 10:09 AM

fears of extended lockdown

Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote

I'm afraid that the public will not tolerate it,

Bull****.

so something will give.

Yep, the fools who dont accept it will get ****ed over.

I suspect that they hope by then to be able to detect cases very early on,

Not possible when so many dont have any symptoms early on.

and use the new positive pressure oxygen masks to keep the lungs from
collapsing

They dont collapse.

and getting glued together by all the gunk from the virus infection.

That doesnt happen either.

Trouble is a lot of people find breathing out when not allowed to fully do
this while wearing a very tight mask causes panic, and several have
refused to use it again and have died.

Thats always their choice.

Hard to be sure if the out come would have been the same if they had
tolerated it,

That will become clear over time.

but this new treatment system probably means that people will not have to
be put into a coma and have to be connected to a traditional respirator,
and hence can still eat and drink and talk.

That remains to be seen.

Joshua Snow April 30th 20 10:24 AM

?Q?_It's_very_lonely=E2=80=99:_older_ pe?=?Q?ople's_fears_of_extended_lockdow?=?Q?n?=

"Clive Page" wrote in message
On 29/04/2020 21:15, Stephen Cole wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...onger-lockdown

What a mess.

Indeed. The other factor that doesn't seem to have been noticed is this:

My guess is that normal life including being able to attend concerts,
theatres, pubs, restaurants, meeting with friends and family, and going on
holidays is still many months away, and perhaps a year off. If you are
in your 20s then this represents a loss of social life for perhaps 2% of
your likely remaining life-span. If you are a pensioner it may well
represent the loss of 10% or 20% of remaining life-span. Is that a good
argument for letting us oldies out first?

Nope, because they are the most vulnerable to be killed by it.

Stephen Cole April 30th 20 10:32 AM

fears of extended lockdown

Clive Page wrote:
On 29/04/2020 21:15, Stephen Cole wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...onger-lockdown

What a mess.

Indeed. The other factor that doesn't seem to have been noticed is this:

My guess is that normal life including being able to attend concerts,
theatres, pubs, restaurants, meeting with friends and family, and going
on holidays is still many months away, and perhaps a year off. If you
are in your 20s then this represents a loss of social life for perhaps 2%
of your likely remaining life-span. If you are a pensioner it may well
represent the loss of 10% or 20% of remaining life-span. Is that a good
argument for letting us oldies out first?

Id be perfectly happy to prioritise lifting lockdown for people who are
most likely to suffer mental health problems from being locked indoors,
such as the elderly, but then again Im the Loony Left. Weve got a Tory
government, their only priority is going to be getting the economy going
again. The economically non-productive, such as the elderly, simply wont
factor into their plans, bottom of the queue.

--
M0TEY // STC // #SaveOurNHS

Stephen Cole April 30th 20 10:32 AM

?Q?=20It's=20very=20lonely=E2=80=99:? =?Q?=20older=20pe=20ople's=20fears=20of=20extended =20lockdow?=?Q?=20n?=

Joshua Snow wrote:

"Clive Page" wrote in message
On 29/04/2020 21:15, Stephen Cole wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...onger-lockdown

What a mess.

Indeed. The other factor that doesn't seem to have been noticed is this:

My guess is that normal life including being able to attend concerts,
theatres, pubs, restaurants, meeting with friends and family, and going on
holidays is still many months away, and perhaps a year off. If you are
in your 20s then this represents a loss of social life for perhaps 2% of
your likely remaining life-span. If you are a pensioner it may well
represent the loss of 10% or 20% of remaining life-span. Is that a good
argument for letting us oldies out first?

Nope, because they are the most vulnerable to be killed by it.

Everyones got to die sometime. Some people might prefer to take the chance
rather than be locked indoors with only the cat for company. If all other
elements of society are deemed able to expose themselves to the risk (there
is a risk for all, albeit lower than in the elderly) then for me it becomes
difficult to deny one element of society at least the choice of the risk.

--
M0TEY // STC // #SaveOurNHS

Brian Reay[_6_] April 30th 20 10:57 AM

?B?UmU6IOKAmEl0J3MgdmVyeSBsb25lbHnigJk6IG9sZGVyIH Blb3BsZSdz?= ?Q?_fears_of_extended_lockdown?=

On 30/04/2020 09:55, Clive Page wrote:
On 29/04/2020 21:15, Stephen Cole wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...onger-lockdown

What a mess.

Indeed.* The other factor that doesn't seem to have been noticed is this:

My guess is that normal life including being able to attend concerts,
theatres, pubs, restaurants, meeting with friends and family, and going
on holidays is still many months away, and perhaps a year off.** If you
are in your 20s then this represents a loss of social life for perhaps
2% of your likely remaining life-span.* If you are a pensioner it may
well represent the loss of 10% or 20% of remaining life-span.* Is that a
good argument for letting us oldies out first?

Judging by events in Europe, I'm not so sure your timescales are
correct. Certainly not a couple of weeks etc and some things may take
many months to return to (near) normal (I'm not referring to the
economy, that will take longer). However, gradually over the coming
months I expect things will ease for most people, albeit that some will
need to take precautions.

Certainly things like large concerts etc will pose problems but they
aren't a major issue for most people. Pubs aren't exactly essentials in
terms of people need them to live. There is, of course, the economic
aspect.

Out of interest, I'm watching the plans for schools etc. The recent
reports of this 'new' condition in youngsters may complicate things- I
don't recall it being reported elsewhere. Perhaps it simply was so rare
it wasn't reported etc. Plus different countries (eg Spain) had
different lock down rules.

The latest numbers for deaths weren't as bad as the FT suggested, not
good, but not as bad as the FT ones. The senior scientist yesterday
(Deputy Chief?) made some very good points re our current numbers
including deaths which may not be entirely attributable to the Chinese
Virus and we wouldn't have a true picture until they'd been adjusted for
the normal seasonal deaths. Some will claim this is fiddling the numbers
but he pointed out there are standard methods, applied across Europe, to
do this.

All in all, the hospitals are doing remarkably well. The plans to resume
some 'normal' treatments which had been suspended it certainly
encouraging. The policy of having some 'hot' (Virus treating) hospitals
and 'cold' (Virus free) ones should help with this. I was aware it was
being used in some areas but it appears to be a general policy, going by
the news reports.

The media continue to be more of a hindrance than help. One, supposedly
serious, newspaper, carried one report that a drug was working and
another it wasn't within 24 hrs!

--

https://www.unitedway.org/our-impact...an-trafficking

Peeler[_4_] April 30th 20 10:57 AM

UNBELIEVABLE: It's 19:09 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for almost NINETEEN HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 19:09:38 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

19:09????? LOL And you STILL can't go to bed ...after you've been up and
trolling since 00:31, ALL NIGHT LONG and ALL DAY LONG, with hardly any
break, you 86-year-old trolling senile pest? LMAO

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."

[email protected] April 30th 20 10:59 AM

fears of extended lockdown

On Thursday, 30 April 2020 10:09:51 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote
I'm afraid that the public will not tolerate it,

Bull****.
so something will give.

Yep, the fools who dont accept it will get ****ed over.

A lot of people are thick, and don't think things through.

Overheard (more than 2 metres away) at the bus stop yesterday:

"They need to get things back to normal here, it's not like the big cities, we haven't got the virus here, if we weree going to get it we'd have had it by now."

(Local health board has 717 (diagnosed) cases in 300,000 people, which is pretty low, but still high enough there are plenty of people walking round infectious)

followed by:

"I'm very vulnerable, I've got asthma, COPD, heart problems ..."

Owain

Peeler[_4_] April 30th 20 11:00 AM

More Heavy Trolling by Senile Nym-Shifting Rodent Speed!

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 19:24:23 +1000, Joshua Snow, better known as
cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rodent Speed, wrote:

19:24??? LOL So you've been up and trolling since 00:31, ALL NIGHT LONG and
ALL DAY LONG, with hardly any break, yet AGAIN! Shouldn't seriously consider
applying for yet another stay in the mental hospital? LOL

--
Bod addressing senile Rot:
"Rod, you have a sick twisted mind. I suggest you stop your mindless
charles April 30th 20 11:04 AM

It's very lonely: older people's fears of extended lockdown

In article , Joshua Snow
wrote:

"Clive Page" wrote in message
On 29/04/2020 21:15, Stephen Cole wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...onger-lockdown

What a mess.

Indeed. The other factor that doesn't seem to have been noticed is
this:

My guess is that normal life including being able to attend concerts,
theatres, pubs, restaurants, meeting with friends and family, and going
on holidays is still many months away, and perhaps a year off. If
you are in your 20s then this represents a loss of social life for
perhaps 2% of your likely remaining life-span. If you are a pensioner
it may well represent the loss of 10% or 20% of remaining life-span.
Is that a good argument for letting us oldies out first?

Nope, because they are the most vulnerable to be killed by it.

but, if one is going to be killed by the virus anyway, why not live a little
beforehand?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Spike[_6_] April 30th 20 11:15 AM

?Q?_It's_very_lonely=e2=80=99:_older_ people's_fe?=?Q?ars_of_extended_lockdown?=

On 30/04/2020 09:57, Brian Reay wrote:

All in all, the hospitals are doing remarkably well. The plans to resume
some 'normal' treatments which had been suspended it certainly
encouraging. The policy of having some 'hot' (Virus treating) hospitals
and 'cold' (Virus free) ones should help with this. I was aware it was
being used in some areas but it appears to be a general policy, going by
the news reports.

I gave up on TV-reported 'news' very early on in the crisis, and while
BBC R4 has its PC agenda, the reporting of facts there seems better (but
still quite biassed in terms of presentation).

In that context there was an R4 item from about a week ago, where a
doctor on the front line was interviewed at the end of a 13-hour shift.
One thing of note that he did say was that "If a hospital discovers a
new successful technique on a Friday, that is reported over the network
that weekend, and on Monday it will be applied in all hospitals". He
went on to say that this sort of thing would normally take months to
years. so it looks like the idea of a Covid/non-Covid division of
hospitals seems to be part of a 'can do' approach to dealing with the
crisis.

--
Spike

Rod Speed April 30th 20 11:21 AM

?Q?_It's_very_lonely=E2=80=99:_older_ pe?=?Q?_ople's_fears_of_extended_lockdo?=?Q?w_n?=

Joshua Snow wrote:

"Clive Page" wrote in message
On 29/04/2020 21:15, Stephen Cole wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...onger-lockdown

What a mess.

Indeed. The other factor that doesn't seem to have been noticed is
this:

My guess is that normal life including being able to attend concerts,
theatres, pubs, restaurants, meeting with friends and family, and going
on
holidays is still many months away, and perhaps a year off. If you are
in your 20s then this represents a loss of social life for perhaps 2% of
your likely remaining life-span. If you are a pensioner it may well
represent the loss of 10% or 20% of remaining life-span. Is that a good
argument for letting us oldies out first?

Nope, because they are the most vulnerable to be killed by it.

Everyones got to die sometime.

But no point in dying so gruesomely earlier than you have to.

Some people might prefer to take the chance rather
than be locked indoors with only the cat for company.

They are free to flout the law and do that.

If all other elements of society are deemed able to
expose themselves to the risk (there is a risk for all,

That wont happen, you watch.

albeit lower than in the elderly) then for me it becomes difficult
to deny one element of society at least the choice of the risk.

They always have that choice, to flout the law.

Rod Speed April 30th 20 11:31 AM

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
[...]

Nope, because its so rare and non fatal.

I don't recall it being reported elsewhere.

It has been now.

Perhaps it simply was so rare it wasn't reported etc.

More that the stats werent collected for it.

Plus different countries (eg Spain) had different lock down rules.

Yeah, with kids under 14 or something not being allowed
out of the house at all, not even for shopping etc.

The latest numbers for deaths weren't as bad as the FT suggested, not
good, but not as bad as the FT ones. The senior scientist yesterday
(Deputy Chief?) made some very good points re our current numbers
including deaths which may not be entirely attributable to the Chinese
Virus and we wouldn't have a true picture until they'd been adjusted for
the normal seasonal deaths. Some will claim this is fiddling the numbers
but he pointed out there are standard methods, applied across Europe, to
do this.

All in all, the hospitals are doing remarkably well.

Not in spain or italy or iran.

Rod Speed April 30th 20 11:36 AM

=?Windows-1252?Q?_It's_very_lonely=E2=80=99:_old er_people?==?Windows-1252?Q?'s_fears_of_extended_lockdown?=

"charles" wrote in message
In article , Joshua Snow
wrote:

"Clive Page" wrote in message
On 29/04/2020 21:15, Stephen Cole wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...onger-lockdown

What a mess.

Indeed. The other factor that doesn't seem to have been noticed is
this:

My guess is that normal life including being able to attend concerts,
theatres, pubs, restaurants, meeting with friends and family, and going
on holidays is still many months away, and perhaps a year off. If
you are in your 20s then this represents a loss of social life for
perhaps 2% of your likely remaining life-span. If you are a pensioner
it may well represent the loss of 10% or 20% of remaining life-span.
Is that a good argument for letting us oldies out first?

Nope, because they are the most vulnerable to be killed by it.

but, if one is going to be killed by the virus anyway,

That isnt the case even with the highest risk group.
It doesnt even kill 30% of those.

why not live a little beforehand?

Because if it does kill you, it does so very gruesomely
and is pretty obscene even if it does kill you for many.

Brian Reay[_6_] April 30th 20 11:47 AM

On 30/04/2020 11:15, Spike wrote:
[...]

The 'division' was put in place quite early, at least in one area, so I
assume it was a general policy. Ditto they (the hospitals) converted
'ordinary' wards etc into specialist ones ahead of there being a
significant influx of patients. PPE training was done etc in advance, or
refreshed perhaps. Most NHS staff probably rarely, if ever, need to wear
the type of PPE now being required so 'refresher' training etc makes sense.

The medical staff have certainly 'stepped up' etc. Some areas are, of
course, worse than others- simply down to numbers of people etc.

The testing business has been interesting. Hancock's promise has been
used to beat him but the provision is there, it simply hasn't been used.
One, possible, reason is their aren't as many people showing symptoms.
That doesn't mean that people don't have it- it seems a significant
number of people either show no symptoms or very mild ones so don't
think they are infected. I wonder what we will find if we ever do
widespread anti-body testing. I suspect many people will have had it and
not even known.

Plus, the test isn't pleasant ;-)

--

https://www.unitedway.org/our-impact...an-trafficking

[email protected] April 30th 20 12:12 PM

fears of extended lockdown

On Thursday, 30 April 2020 09:27:45 UTC+1, wrote:
On Thursday, 30 April 2020 08:21:44 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
well people like me people just adapt to the situation with no
problem...free food delivery courtesy of the wee bint

Not for me; and Aldi's quiche has gone from £1.19 to £1.49 in the last couple of weeks. Obviously the surplus of eggs hasn't reached the quiche factory. Spent £9 yesterday and not a week's shopping done.

Out of curiosity, can folks with excess time on their hands go foraging?

Mike Halmarack[_3_] April 30th 20 12:43 PM

fears of extended lockdown

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 02:59:04 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Thursday, 30 April 2020 10:09:51 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote
I'm afraid that the public will not tolerate it,

Bull****.
so something will give.

Yep, the fools who dont accept it will get ****ed over.

A lot of people are thick, and don't think things through.

Overheard (more than 2 metres away) at the bus stop yesterday:

"They need to get things back to normal here, it's not like the big cities, we haven't got the virus here, if we weree going to get it we'd have had it by now."

(Local health board has 717 (diagnosed) cases in 300,000 people, which is pretty low, but still high enough there are plenty of people walking round infectious)

followed by:

"I'm very vulnerable, I've got asthma, COPD, heart problems ..."

Owain

Our attitude as a general population seems absurd.
Fortunately, we have the government to set things right.
--

Mike

Mike Halmarack[_3_] April 30th 20 12:49 PM

fears of extended lockdown

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
[...]

So did I. Legionella has very similar symptoms. It was nightmare.
Now, a nightmare within a nightmare.
--

Mike

Mike Halmarack[_3_] April 30th 20 12:54 PM

fears of extended lockdown

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 04:12:52 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Thursday, 30 April 2020 09:27:45 UTC+1, wrote:
On Thursday, 30 April 2020 08:21:44 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
well people like me people just adapt to the situation with no
problem...free food delivery courtesy of the wee bint

Not for me; and Aldi's quiche has gone from 1.19 to 1.49 in the last couple of weeks. Obviously the surplus of eggs hasn't reached the quiche factory. Spent 9 yesterday and not a week's shopping done.

Out of curiosity, can folks with excess time on their hands go foraging?

On our regular exercise walk the wife and I pick nettle tops,
Alexanders and wild garlic. They add a liitle colour and nutrition.
--

Mike

GB April 30th 20 12:59 PM

fears of extended lockdown

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

problem...free food delivery courtesy of the wee bint......no chocolate
which is good ....no outgoings...money piling up in the bank...an
operchancity to do all the things at home with all the things you have
collected over the years but never used because it was easier to just go
out and about.......what is the alternative? a slow death with your
lungs filling up with fluid ?...tried that five years ago not nice...no
contest ....

Typical Jock - It's not free.

Jim GM4DHJ ... April 30th 20 01:09 PM

fears of extended lockdown

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

problem...free food delivery courtesy of the wee bint......no
chocolate which is good ....no outgoings...money piling up in the
bank...an operchancity to do all the things at home with all the
things you have collected over the years but never used because it was
easier to just go out and about.......what is the alternative? a slow
death with your lungs filling up with fluid ?...tried that five years
ago not nice...no contest ....

Typical Jock - It's not free.

--

free to me.....what part of free did you not understand ? .....says it's
free on the copy ....

John April 30th 20 01:28 PM

fears of extended lockdown

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 29/04/2020 21:15, Stephen Cole wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-people-in-uk-

anxious-about-being-put-in-longer-lockdown

What a mess.

I'm lovin' it ...

Good for you, Jim. A lot of poor *******s are going mental, though.
Banged up till vaccine, which is a couple of years away. No way to
spend a retirement, really.

But they are the gregarious pub club cinema restaurant hairdresser
fitba going people....

Little old ladies, Jim. Depressed as ****. Lonely. Its very sad, imo.

they would be more depressed if the catch it.....

Whatever happened to iron lungs ?

charles April 30th 20 01:45 PM

fears of extended lockdown

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
[...]

I don't remember that aspect - just the very high temperature and unable to
think straight.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Andrew[_22_] April 30th 20 02:02 PM

fears of extended lockdown

On 30/04/2020 12:54, Mike Halmarack wrote:
On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 04:12:52 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Thursday, 30 April 2020 09:27:45 UTC+1, wrote:
On Thursday, 30 April 2020 08:21:44 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
well people like me people just adapt to the situation with no
problem...free food delivery courtesy of the wee bint

Not for me; and Aldi's quiche has gone from £1.19 to £1.49 in the last couple of weeks. Obviously the surplus of eggs hasn't reached the quiche factory. Spent £9 yesterday and not a week's shopping done.

Out of curiosity, can folks with excess time on their hands go foraging?

On our regular exercise walk the wife and I pick nettle tops,
Alexanders and wild garlic. They add a liitle colour and nutrition.

Certainly turn your tongue a nice shade of black :-)

Andrew[_22_] April 30th 20 02:06 PM

fears of extended lockdown

On 30/04/2020 13:45, charles wrote:

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
[...]

different people react in different ways. Lots of people might have
just picked up what they thought was a summer cold (or even a winter
cold).

There is no way of knowing how many people breathed in the bacteria
and didn't get a serious illness because they are never identified and
counted.

Peeler[_4_] April 30th 20 02:29 PM

UNBELIEVABLE: It's 20:21 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for TWENTY HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 20:21:57 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

20:21??? ROTFLOL ..and you STILL can't go to sleep, you abnormal senile
cretin?

You've been up and trolling for TWENTY HOURS (since 00:31), ALL NIGHT
LONG and ALL DAY LONG (until the following night), with almost no break, yet
AGAIN! LOL

--
John addressing the senile Australian pest:
"You are a complete idiot. But you make me larf. LOL"

Peeler[_4_] April 30th 20 02:30 PM

Lonely Sleepless Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 20:36:58 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Marland revealing the senile sociopath's pathology:
"You have mentioned Alexa in a couple of threads recently, it is not a real
woman you know even if it is the only thing with a Female name that stays
around around while you talk it to it.
Poor sad git who has to resort to Usenet and electronic devices for any
interaction as all real people run a mile to get away from from you boring
them to death."
MID:

Peeler[_4_] April 30th 20 02:32 PM

UNBELIEVABLE: It's 20:31 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for TWENTY HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 20:31:47 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

20:31??? So you've been up and trolling for TWENTY HOURS (since 00:31), ALL

IOW, you ARE nothing but a clinically insane piece of senile ****! LOL

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rodent: