Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Anyone used SBK ?

I have a front lawn wi5 dandelions and daisies I wish to get rid of without harming the grass.

Internet searching led me to SBK which is a selective weed killer.

I have applied this two weeks ago at the correct dosage but I see no change.

So how long does it take for SBK to work?

Has anyone succeeded in using SBK in dealing with common lawn weeds?

S.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
I have a front lawn wi5 dandelions and daisies I wish to get rid of
without harming the grass.

Internet searching led me to SBK which is a selective weed killer.

I have applied this two weeks ago at the correct dosage but I see no change.

So how long does it take for SBK to work?

Has anyone succeeded in using SBK in dealing with common lawn weeds?

S.

Cant help you other than to say that I spent a lot of money with little to
show for it on various lawn treatments. I now employ a lawn care firm who
treat my lawn four times a year with vastly better results. Just something
to think about. I may well be cheaper than you think.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 23 April 2020 09:34:55 UTC+1, wrote:
I have a front lawn wi5 dandelions and daisies I wish to get rid of without harming the grass.

Internet searching led me to SBK which is a selective weed killer.

I have applied this two weeks ago at the correct dosage but I see no change.

So how long does it take for SBK to work?

Has anyone succeeded in using SBK in dealing with common lawn weeds?

S.

"Pastor" is very effective. I think youneed a licence toget it now in the UK.

https://www.corteva.ie/products-and-...astortrio.html
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 23 April 2020 09:34:55 UTC+1, wrote:
I have a front lawn wi5 dandelions and daisies I wish to get rid of without harming the grass.

Internet searching led me to SBK which is a selective weed killer.

I have applied this two weeks ago at the correct dosage but I see no change.

So how long does it take for SBK to work?

Has anyone succeeded in using SBK in dealing with common lawn weeds?

S.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2,4-Di...oxyacetic_acid

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The problem with common weeds, as you might guess, is that they are common.
We have had a lot of wind and thus a lot of seeds will no doubt be in lawns
everywhere.
I've never found anything totally successful.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andy Burns" wrote in message

Has anyone succeeded in using SBK in dealing with common lawn weeds?

No, I used it on brambles where it was very effective.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote

The problem with common weeds, as you might guess,
is that they are common. We have had a lot of wind and
thus a lot of seeds will no doubt be in lawns everywhere.

I've never found anything totally successful.

Concrete and napalm are totally successful.

"Andy Burns" wrote in message

Has anyone succeeded in using SBK in dealing with common lawn weeds?

No, I used it on brambles where it was very effective.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Fri, 24 Apr 2020 06:10:53 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Richard about senile Rodent:
"Rod Speed, a bare faced pig and ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The problem with common weeds, as you might guess, is that they are common.
We have had a lot of wind and thus a lot of seeds will no doubt be in lawns
everywhere.
I've never found anything totally successful.
Brian

Verdone/Grammoxone(sp?) as was worked pretty well. Lawn weedkillers like
Weedol for Lawns containing MCPA still work fairly well used correctly.

It is quite a big ask to selectively kill everything except grass.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Hogg wrote:

I thought Gramoxone was paraquat, a non-selective herbicide that
killed just about everything, including people, and has long since
been withdrawn.

Here yes, in india etc not so much, and it's still a major suicide risk.
I remember the old bottles of gramoxone kicking around grandad's barns
in the 70's and knew to leave alone.

Diquat was only phased out here 18 months ago, was used to quickly
remove foliage from crops such as potatoes before harvesting, a crop
sprayer friend moans there's no good replacement.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/04/2020 12:42, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Fri, 24 Apr 2020 10:21:54 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Chris Hogg wrote:

I thought Gramoxone was paraquat, a non-selective herbicide that
killed just about everything, including people, and has long since
been withdrawn.

Here yes, in india etc not so much, and it's still a major suicide risk.
I remember the old bottles of gramoxone kicking around grandad's barns
in the 70's and knew to leave alone.

Diquat was only phased out here 18 months ago, was used to quickly
remove foliage from crops such as potatoes before harvesting, a crop
sprayer friend moans there's no good replacement.

The farmer who grew spuds in the fields around us used to use conc.
sulphuric acid to burn off the haulms. Banned since 2009. It was done
not only to rapidly remove the haulms before harvesting, but also to
kill them if harvesting wasn't appropriate for a few weeks (market
conditions etc) when the spuds could safely be left in the ground
without the risk of blight spreading down from the haulms and rotting
them.

Grazon Pro is the thing for horse paddocks. Needs repeat doses for
buggers like dock and buttercup. It's available on line.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Chris Hogg wrote:

[...]

whose active ingredients are found in SBK & lawn weedkillers at
vastly cheaper prices..
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----