Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.politics.misc

Default [OT] Downing Street Daily Briefings

"Pamela" wrote in message
On 08:11 21 Apr 2020, Brian Gaff (Sofa) said:

I suppose it has not occurred to him that nobody actually knows the
answers in the first place? It boils down to this. Should every
government in the world admit they are now in uncharted waters with no
true end game plan, since nobody knows what will happen as they lift
restrictions. Now if it were me, here is what I'd be doing.

Make sure I had a good kit to both check for infection and antibodies,
Make sure I could be able to trace a persons contacts. Then pick a
region, unlock it and see what occurs with your team in place, but if
you go into that area, you cannot come out for at least7 days unless you
remain inside a vehicle all the time, so you can drive through, but not
stop to mingle.

Regional isolation is now beginning in America and some people in the UK
are also starting to discuss it although I doubt it will work here in such
a geographically small country where it is harder to police sealed off
areas.

If the rate only increases slowly with no exponential growth after 6
weeks or so, breath a sigh of relief.

We no longer have exponential growth, but every day we have about 4,000 to
5,000 new infections. That's with a lockdown. That rate is enough to
keep our hospitals very busy and any easing of the lockdown is going to
see that figure rise, perhaps uncontrollably.

If not you have a problem. At this point you need to find another plan.
It could be that you try to control the rate of infection to keep it
manageable until the whole population has had it or been exposed to it.
You could then open your international borders, but, unless the rest of
the world are doing the same the chances are you could only get people
in but not back out again, as is going to be the case in some countries,
but not all.

As I see it there is no answer to this other than to get everyone
infected,

Alternatively, we could aim to get the vulnerable inoculated although that
will take some time.

the trick is to manage itt so your healthcare system can cope.

Sadly, although New Zealands approach looks impressive, it basically
means they will be completely isolated from the rest of the world
tourism wise, even residents going abroad will have to spend two weeks
in quarantine when they return.

We are all putting our faith in either a very fast and effective
vaccine, or an antoiviral that has few side effects.

Convalescent plasma from survivors is also showing promise.

Now if I came out and spelled it out like that, what do you think would
be likely to happen? Yes, so do I.

Yet that is precisely how Andrew Cuomo in New York talks. All your points
could have come from one of his briefings. Such brutal honesty has led
New Yorkers to believe him and consequently they're only too pleased to
follow his instructions.

That last is bull****.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.politics.misc

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 03:17 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for OVER AN HOUR already!!!! LOL

On Wed, 22 Apr 2020 03:17:18 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

03:17??? ROTFLOL! And you've been up and trolling for OVER AN HOUR already!

Yet AGAIN!

Just HOW insane are you, you insane 86-year-old senile pest?

--
John addressing the senile Australian pest:
"You are a complete idiot. But you make me larf. LOL"