Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PRV in cold supply

I am going to have to fit a PRV in the cold supply for the benefit of a
new thermostatic shower mixer (max allowed pressure 5 Bar) current cold
pressure 7.5 bar and hot pressure regulated to 3 bar by a pressurised
hot water system.

If I do this, do I also have to fit a mini expansion vessel (as in 0.5
or 1lt - like the one linked below) into the cold supply?

https://www.advancedwater.co.uk/prod-775-147-0006.html

As I see it the water that has just entered the house at 3 or 5 C will
go through the PRV and be reduced to 3 bar. It may sit in the cold feed
pipe for some hours and warm up to say 20C. How is this expansion
accommodated?

--
Chris B (News)

Low water pressure - could the megaflo prv be the problem? Caecilius[_2_] UK diy 5 February 10th 13 02:13 PM
PRV location? Mathew Newton UK diy 4 May 20th 06 08:25 PM
PRV ? ANDREW BOYNE UK diy 0 August 2nd 05 09:47 PM
Combi Boiler loosing pressure. PRV? Sam UK diy 4 June 15th 05 10:30 AM
Hot Water Heater PRV Isheetz MiDrarz Home Ownership 5 November 1st 04 04:45 PM