Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ceiling pendant

Any ideas for a suitable permanamt fitting to attach to the ceiling that
allows a pendant to easily plug into it - without needing to use chsock
blocks and make new screwholes in the ceiling whing the titting is changed.
Obviously the plug on the light fitting would need to be swopped over.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:

Any ideas for a suitable permanamt fitting to attach to the ceiling that
allows a pendant to easily plug into it

Hager Klik ceiling rose?

http://www.discount-electrical.co.uk/section.php/108913/1/klik-lighting-pre-wired-plug-in-ceiling-roses-6a
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/01/20 19:15, Andy Burns wrote:
John wrote:

Any ideas for a suitable permanamt fitting to attach to the ceiling that
allows a pendant to easily plug into it

Hager Klik ceiling rose?

http://www.discount-electrical.co.uk/section.php/108913/1/klik-lighting-pre-wired-plug-in-ceiling-roses-6a

Or these, which seem to do a similar job but are much more expensive:
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/LDMC11E.html

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 30 January 2020 19:07:03 UTC, John wrote:
Any ideas for a suitable permanamt fitting to attach to the ceiling that
allows a pendant to easily plug into

An alternative to Hager Klick is Lewden Maestro.

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/LDMC11E.html

Or Prota

https://www.flex7.co.uk/new-3-7-pole...-ceiling-rose/

Owain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 30 January 2020 19:07:03 UTC, John wrote:
Any ideas for a suitable permanamt fitting to attach to the ceiling that
allows a pendant to easily plug into it - without needing to use chsock
blocks and make new screwholes in the ceiling whing the titting is changed.
Obviously the plug on the light fitting would need to be swopped over.

Google "Plug in ceiling rose"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 6,
John Not.responding.@dotcom wrote:
Any ideas for a suitable permanamt fitting to attach to the ceiling that
allows a pendant to easily plug into it - without needing to use chsock
blocks and make new screwholes in the ceiling whing the titting is
changed. Obviously the plug on the light fitting would need to be
swopped over.

There are ceiling roses designed for this job.

--
*Eat well, stay fit, die anyway

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in
:

In article 6,
John Not.responding.@dotcom wrote:
Any ideas for a suitable permanamt fitting to attach to the ceiling that
allows a pendant to easily plug into it - without needing to use chsock
blocks and make new screwholes in the ceiling whing the titting is
changed. Obviously the plug on the light fitting would need to be
swopped over.

There are ceiling roses designed for this job.

Sorry - disnt want a "rose" as such - more of a fitting for multi lamp
luminaires that screw onto the ceiling or onto a bracket on the ceiling.
Normally use chock blocks but varifocals make that a chore
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 2,
John Not.responding.@dotcom wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in
:

In article 6,
John Not.responding.@dotcom wrote:
Any ideas for a suitable permanamt fitting to attach to the ceiling that
allows a pendant to easily plug into it - without needing to use chsock
blocks and make new screwholes in the ceiling whing the titting is
changed. Obviously the plug on the light fitting would need to be
swopped over.

There are ceiling roses designed for this job.

Sorry - disnt want a "rose" as such - more of a fitting for multi lamp
luminaires that screw onto the ceiling or onto a bracket on the ceiling.
Normally use chock blocks but varifocals make that a chore

So what you'd like is some form of plug and socket between house wiring
and luminaire? That will fit into the housing at the top of the luminaire?
Good luck finding one which is easy to connect to the house wiring. ;-)

--
*IF A PARSLEY FARMER IS SUED, CAN THEY GARNISH HIS WAGES?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tricky Dicky wrote in news:cacf0a51-e762-43b0-bcbf-
:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/greenbroo...onnector/176gv

Ideal just the sort of thing I wanted - 20amps sounds a bit clunky.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

So what you'd like is some form of plug and socket between house
wiring and luminaire? That will fit into the housing at the top of the
luminaire? Good luck finding one which is easy to connect to the house
wiring. ;-)

At least not fitting it whilst holding a luminaire!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 31 January 2020 13:14:23 UTC, John wrote:
Sorry - disnt want a "rose" as such - more of a fitting for multi lamp
luminaires that screw onto the ceiling or onto a bracket on the ceiling.

The Lewden Maestro ones will take a suitable sized conduit or rod, as well as flex.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/01/2020 14:13, John wrote:
Tricky Dicky wrote in news:cacf0a51-e762-43b0-bcbf-
:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/greenbroo...onnector/176gv

Ideal just the sort of thing I wanted - 20amps sounds a bit clunky.

Be warned, they are pretty large. I bought 4 as an emergency purchase to
connect 12V LED lights to as a PSU for a camping trip - only thing I
could get hold of immediately. I was surprised when I got them and saw
the size.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Walker wrote in
:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/greenbroo...g-connector/17
6gv

Ideal just the sort of thing I wanted - 20amps sounds a bit clunky.

Be warned, they are pretty large. I bought 4 as an emergency purchase
to connect 12V LED lights to as a PSU for a camping trip - only thing
I could get hold of immediately. I was surprised when I got them and
saw the size.

SteveW

Yes - possibly industrial, There really should be a 6amp version made.