Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Satellites

Poke your latitude/longitude into this tracker

https://me.cmdr2.org/starlink

and find a suitable time (preferably just after twilight) when the
"leader" is in view, marvel at Elon ****ing 60 satellites a week into
the sky for the next seven years ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:

marvel at Elon ****ing 60 satellites a week

sorry, per fortnight

into the sky for the next seven years.

still, that's some money's worth ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes I can see it now. two aliens arrive in our vicinity wondering how a
small rocky planet has a ring of twisted broken satellites. Ahem.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Poke your latitude/longitude into this tracker

https://me.cmdr2.org/starlink

and find a suitable time (preferably just after twilight) when the
"leader" is in view, marvel at Elon ****ing 60 satellites a week into the
sky for the next seven years ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 31 Dec 2019 20:19:09 -0000, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\)"
wrote:

Yes I can see it now. two aliens arrive in our vicinity wondering how a
small rocky planet has a ring of twisted broken satellites. Ahem.

In 30 years from now, Greta Thunberg's daughter will be campaining
against space garbage.
--

"When constituencies are small their elected representatives must concern themselves with
the local interests of their constituents. When political representatives are distant and

- Sir James Goldsmith (Member of the European Parliament) 1933 - 1997
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Yes I can see it now. two aliens arrive in our vicinity wondering how a
small rocky planet has a ring of twisted broken satellites. Ahem.

In 30 years from now, Greta Thunberg's daughter will be campaining
against space garbage.

Do you hoinestly believe that ex of artificial insemination anyone is
going to impregnate that thing?

its shoes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Yes I can see it now. two aliens arrive in our vicinity wondering how a
small rocky planet has a ring of twisted broken satellites. Ahem.

In 30 years from now, Greta Thunberg's daughter will be campaining
against space garbage.

She'll never have a daughter. Someone will shoot her before she has chance.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

We have been campaigning against it for years already. It all went pear
shaped when China decided to demonstrate its satellite killing missile and
annoyed everyone, including their own space agency a few years ago. Since
then the various agencies and companies have presented a whole raft of
devices to bring down debris without creating more. Soon the main danger of
space flight will be debris, not the environment.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
news
wrote:

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

That is the worry. Its happened over lesser things in the past.
I also gather that the worlds radio astronomers are seething over these
things that are polluting the frequencies they want to listen at.
Brian

--
----- --

wrote:

Yes I can see it now. two aliens arrive in our vicinity wondering how a
small rocky planet has a ring of twisted broken satellites. Ahem.

In 30 years from now, Greta Thunberg's daughter will be campaining
against space garbage.

She'll never have a daughter. Someone will shoot her before she has
chance.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns Wrote in message:
Poke your latitude/longitude into this tracker

https://me.cmdr2.org/starlink

and find a suitable time (preferably just after twilight) when the
"leader" is in view, marvel at Elon ****ing 60 satellites a week into
the sky for the next seven years ...

and the competition doing similar :-(
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Watch it she will sue you, I'm sure.

You can be a bit annoyed with her, but personal insults are not a very good
way to argue with her deductions on climate change.
Brian

They are not deductions, they are assertions.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 31 Dec 2019 22:37:25 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Do you hoinestly believe that ex of artificial insemination anyone is
going to impregnate that thing?

Fair point. But they do say there's someone for everyone.
--

"The BEST Deal is NO DEAL"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 1 Jan 2020 13:06:27 +0000, newshound

Watch it she will sue you, I'm sure.

You can be a bit annoyed with her, but personal insults are not a very good
way to argue with her deductions on climate change.
Brian

They are not deductions, they are assertions.

Baseless assertions. There, fixed it for ya.

--

"The BEST Deal is NO DEAL"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 1 Jan 2020 11:24:24 -0000, Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) wrote:

I also gather that the worlds radio astronomers are seething over these
things that are polluting the frequencies they want to listen at.

Also ruffling the feathers of astronomers using much higher
electromagnetic frequencies, infrad red, visible, ultra violet, etc.
It's like trying to examine a tea light a few miles away with a
handful of glitter thrown into the air and illumated by a 10 kW
discharge lamp right in front of your telescope...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:

Brian Gaff wrote:

I also gather that the worlds radio astronomers are seething over these
things that are polluting the frequencies they want to listen at.

Also ruffling the feathers of astronomers using much higher
electromagnetic frequencies, infrad red, visible, ultra violet, etc.

Presumably too late to complain now, given that FCC/ITU/FAA have
approved the fleet?

Certainly impressive to see those that have already been launched, and
then think there will be at least 100 times as many before they're done,
supposedly the second bunch are less shiny, but I didn't notice any
difference.

The routing of signals up to a rapidly moving satellite, then by laser
between satellites either within the same orbit, or up/down/across to
orthogonal orbits and back down to the surface again will lop tenths of
a second off existing geostationary satellite lag, or tens of ms off the
transatlantic fibre lag.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns Wrote in message:
Dave Liquorice wrote:

Brian Gaff wrote:

[...]

Must be down to money then? Or is there a darker explanation for
all this?....
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jimk wrote:

Must be down to money then? Or is there a darker explanation for
all this?....

Yes, finance industry will pay handsomely for faster London/NewYork
links, large chunks of the work will pay (lesser amounts) for gigabit
speed internet covering a large part of the earth's surface where they
can't get a decent connection.

So he's using Falcon launch money to bring in Starlink connection money,
and then sounds like he'll use that to fund his Mars missions.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns Wrote in message:
Dave Liquorice wrote:

Brian Gaff wrote:

[...]

Certainly. It's a network of charging stations for that car he parked
up there.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%