Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default which option is the best for a lawn that has now become a dandelion bed

I have a lawn that was laid 10 years ago with Rolawn Medallion turf at a rental house. The tenant has been there all that time.

In that time, it has now become a dandelion bed, i.e there is now very little grass visible and is now basically full of dandelions.

I see I have several options:

Dig it all up and lay new turf.... how long do the dandelion tap roots go down and how do I ensure I get the entire tap roots out?

Apply a total weedkiller, wait several months and then reseed with grass seed

Apply a selective weedkiller to kill just the dandelions and hope the grass then regrows and fills in the space left by the dandelions

Pay GreenThumb or similar X quid a month and get them to visit several times a year and sort it out for me.

What do the panel think?

S.