DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   what switched you off a thread? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/642224-what-switched-you-off-thread.html)

Broadback[_3_] November 25th 19 12:37 PM

what switched you off a thread?

For me it is the "Senile;e" alert, what a waste of space!

John Rumm November 25th 19 01:15 PM

what switched you off a thread?

On 25/11/2019 12:37, Broadback wrote:

Normally I enter / leave when it drifts into or out of an area where I
am interested, or feel I have something of use to contribute. By the
time it has degenerated[1] to political name calling, I go.

[1] and quite a few seem to start there.

For me it is the "Senile;e" alert, what a waste of space!

I just filter out all of those...

--
Cheers,

John.

Tricky Dicky[_4_] November 25th 19 02:00 PM

what switched you off a thread?

I am with you John, it is amazing how quick threads degenerate to political mudslinging or just general slanging off. I think the record is from a genuine DIY post to crap in about 5 posts. See if the trolls can pick up on this thread and do their worst!

Richard

ARW November 25th 19 04:40 PM

what switched you off a thread?

On 25/11/2019 12:37, Broadback wrote:
For me it is the "Senile;e" alert, what a waste of space!

It was funny for a while.

It's now as funny as 1970's TV stand up comedians.

--
Adam

Graeme[_7_] November 25th 19 06:27 PM

what switched you off a thread?

In message , Broadback
writes
For me it is the "Senile;e" alert, what a waste of space!

Lack of snipping. Once I have to page through reams of crap to find the
most recent words of wisdom, I don't.

--
Graeme

Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) November 26th 19 09:03 AM

what switched you off a thread?

Its one line replies often at the very bottom of the thread, and which have
no humour content at all.
grin
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) November 26th 19 09:04 AM

what switched you off a thread?

Luckily text is very space efficient compared to web content on forums.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
o.uk...

http://www.internode.co.uk |

harry November 26th 19 09:12 AM

On Monday, 25 November 2019 14:00:29 UTC, Tricky Dicky wrote:
I am with you John, it is amazing how quick threads degenerate to political mudslinging or just general slanging off. I think the record is from a genuine DIY post to crap in about 5 posts. See if the trolls can pick up on this thread and do their worst!

DIY is a disappearing skill these days.
The snowflake generation doesn't want to get it's hands dirty.

Terry Casey November 26th 19 11:11 AM

what switched you off a thread?

In article ,
says...

In message , Broadback
writes
For me it is the "Senile;e" alert, what a waste of space!

Lack of snipping. Once I have to page through reams of crap to find the
most recent words of wisdom, I don't.

+1

--

Terry

alan_m November 26th 19 11:40 AM

what switched you off a thread?

On 25/11/2019 18:27, Graeme wrote:
In message , Broadback
writes
For me it is the "Senile;e" alert, what a waste of space!

Lack of snipping.Â* Once I have to page through reams of crap to find the
most recent words of wisdom, I don't.

+1

Plus

The thread degrading into a pointless endless noncommunication between
two posters.

Posts that only contain a URL

bert[_7_] November 26th 19 07:21 PM

what switched you off a thread?

In article ,
Tricky Dicky writes
I am with you John, it is amazing how quick threads degenerate to
political mudslinging or just general slanging off. I think the record
is from a genuine DIY post to crap in about 5 posts. See if the trolls
can pick up on this thread and do their worst!

Richard

When posts get pages long because no-one bothers to snip.
--
bert

whisky-dave[_2_] November 27th 19 11:29 AM

On Tuesday, 26 November 2019 09:13:02 UTC, harry wrote:
On Monday, 25 November 2019 14:00:29 UTC, Tricky Dicky wrote:
I am with you John, it is amazing how quick threads degenerate to political mudslinging or just general slanging off. I think the record is from a genuine DIY post to crap in about 5 posts. See if the trolls can pick up on this thread and do their worst!

DIY is a disappearing skill these days.
The snowflake generation doesn't want to get it's hands dirty.

I think you'll find the snowflake gen arenlt really allowed to.
The homes being build are already decorated and furnished and then you only own a 50% share some are now 25% , and you arenlt allowed to make large changes when you live on the 10th floor of a block, you can't just knock a wall down.

Few can afford to buy a house without help from parents, which is why banks and building societies are coming out with special options where parents are ropped in as guarentees for loans.

Also the sort of things that you probbaly did in the past can be bought now much cheapr than you can build, and there's few jobs needed for those skills.
The workplace has changed and the skills needed have also changed.

Rod Speed November 27th 19 03:21 PM

what switched you off a thread?

whisky-dave wrote
On Tuesday, 26 November 2019 09:13:02 UTC, harry wrote:
On Monday, 25 November 2019 14:00:29 UTC, Tricky Dicky wrote:
I am with you John, it is amazing how quick threads degenerate to
political mudslinging or just general slanging off. I think the record
is from a genuine DIY post to crap in about 5 posts. See if the trolls
can pick up on this thread and do their worst!

DIY is a disappearing skill these days.
The snowflake generation doesn't want to get it's hands dirty.

I think you'll find the snowflake gen arenlt really allowed to.

Thats bull****.

The homes being build are already decorated and furnished

That begs the question of why there isnt a market for new builds
that arent complete with the new owner doing the painting or
wall papering etc to save some money. Same with the kitchen etc.

and then you only own a 50% share some are now 25%

But its less clear what percentage of sales are like that.
Sure, due to the high price, its certainly more likely that
the snowflake generation is more often buying those.

and you arenlt allowed to make large changes when you live
on the 10th floor of a block, you can't just knock a wall down.

But you are free to replace the clapped out kitchen and bathroom etc.

Few can afford to buy a house without help from parents, which
is why banks and building societies are coming out with special
options where parents are ropped in as guarentees for loans.

Yes but no reason why those propertys can't be DIYed.

Also the sort of things that you probbaly did in the past
can be bought now much cheapr than you can build,

Thats bull**** with say kitchens.

and there's few jobs needed for those skills.

Thats bull**** too.

The workplace has changed and the
skills needed have also changed.

But the building industry hasnt really changed all that much.

Yes, it makes less sense now to repair appliances, and
cars are much more reliable than they have ever been,
but there is still plenty of DIY to do in the garden etc.

Its more likely that its the much higher living standards
that have seen far fewer need to DIY when they can just
buy a very decent very usable car for what almost everyone
can afford to do today and they can afford to pay someone
to change the oil and filters etc.

whisky-dave[_2_] November 27th 19 04:20 PM

what switched you off a thread?

On Wednesday, 27 November 2019 15:24:25 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
On Tuesday, 26 November 2019 09:13:02 UTC, harry wrote:
On Monday, 25 November 2019 14:00:29 UTC, Tricky Dicky wrote:
I am with you John, it is amazing how quick threads degenerate to
political mudslinging or just general slanging off. I think the record
is from a genuine DIY post to crap in about 5 posts. See if the trolls
can pick up on this thread and do their worst!

DIY is a disappearing skill these days.
The snowflake generation doesn't want to get it's hands dirty.

I think you'll find the snowflake gen arenlt really allowed to.

Thats bull****.

I was refering to the UK mostly London properties.
But you're an expert on bull**** so why not prove it.

The homes being build are already decorated and furnished

That begs the question of why there isnt a market for new builds
that arent complete with the new owner doing the painting or
wall papering etc to save some money. Same with the kitchen etc.

Because most are sold for renting and to those that have the money and don't care. when paying 40-70% of yuor wages in rent you don;t really wan tto spend money on decorating unless the place is really awful and if it is why buy it in the first place.

and then you only own a 50% share some are now 25%

But its less clear what percentage of sales are like that.

It not less clear to those that live in the areas and walk past the estate agents and you see just how many there are.

Sure, due to the high price, its certainly more likely that
the snowflake generation is more often buying those.

and how are they affording them.
Here's some near me.
Now why would you go around ripping all the stuff out and starting again.

https://www.peabodysales.co.uk/devel...EaApC2EALw_wcB

https://www.peabodysales.co.uk/devel...red-ownership/

and you arenlt allowed to make large changes when you live
on the 10th floor of a block, you can't just knock a wall down.

But you are free to replace the clapped out kitchen and bathroom etc.

But they aren't clapped out, they are new.

Those clapped out places are for renting as multi-ocupancy .

Few can afford to buy a house without help from parents, which
is why banks and building societies are coming out with special
options where parents are ropped in as guarentees for loans.

Yes but no reason why those propertys can't be DIYed.

Other than money to buy them in the first place.

How about yuo proving your point, find somewhere , give a few examples.

Trouble is if you can afford 50% plus wages going on the mortgage you don;t always have the time to do DIY.

Also the sort of things that you probbaly did in the past
can be bought now much cheapr than you can build,

Thats bull**** with say kitchens.

Prove it.

Talking **** again, your favourite subject.

The workplace has changed and the
skills needed have also changed.

But the building industry hasnt really changed all that much.

Mostly pre-fabs, and it has changed quite a bit.
New builds are in demand threfore the prices are high, so you get them
as part ownership.

I've given you a link try to understand it.

Yes, it makes less sense now to repair appliances, and
cars are much more reliable than they have ever been,
but there is still plenty of DIY to do in the garden etc.

if you have one and are interested in one, most of the modern flats yuo share a garden of which some are on rooves and you don;t get to do anyhting you pay at least £50 a month for maintaince of such things.

Its more likely that its the much higher living standards
that have seen far fewer need to DIY when they can just
buy a very decent very usable car for what almost everyone
can afford to do today and they can afford to pay someone
to change the oil and filters etc.

yes adn easy to get car cleaners, but then again lots of these flats don't come with any space for parking a car.

Peeler[_4_] November 27th 19 04:21 PM

UNBELIEVABLE: It's 02:21 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard is out of Bed and TROLLING, already!!!! LOL

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 02:21:10 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the sleepless trolling senile asshole's latest troll****

02:21 in Australia!!!! LMAO

--
dennis@home to retarded senile Rot:
"sod off rod you don't have a clue about anything."
Rod Speed November 27th 19 04:52 PM

Still bull**** there on the mostly.

Oh bull****.

and to those that have the money and don't
care. when paying 40-70% of yuor wages in
rent you don;t really wan tto spend money
on decorating unless the place is really awful
and if it is why buy it in the first place.

Because its a lot cheaper, stupid.

and then you only own a 50% share some are now 25%

But its less clear what percentage of sales are like that.

It not less clear to those that live in the areas and walk past
the estate agents and you see just how many there are.

Sure, due to the high price, its certainly more likely that
the snowflake generation is more often buying those.

and how are they affording them.
Here's some near me.
Now why would you go around ripping
all the stuff out and starting again.

Because its cheaper with the established propertys stupid.

https://www.peabodysales.co.uk/devel...EaApC2EALw_wcB

https://www.peabodysales.co.uk/devel...red-ownership/

No one said that they dont exist. What matters
DIY wise is what percentage of sales are like that.

and you arenlt allowed to make large changes when you live
on the 10th floor of a block, you can't just knock a wall down.

But you are free to replace the clapped out kitchen and bathroom etc.

But they aren't clapped out, they are new.

The sales arent of just new ones, ****wit.

Those clapped out places are for renting as multi-ocupancy .

Even sillier than you usually manage and thats saying something.

Someone clearly owns them ****wit.

How about yuo proving your point,
find somewhere , give a few examples.

Watch that reality TV series property ladder, stupid.

Trouble is if you can afford 50% plus wages going on
the mortgage you don;t always have the time to do DIY.

Even sillier than you usually manage and thats saying something.

Also the sort of things that you probbaly did in the past
can be bought now much cheapr than you can build,

Thats bull**** with say kitchens.

Prove it.

Watch that reality TV series property ladder, stupid.

and there's few jobs needed for those skills.

Thats bull**** too.

The workplace has changed and the
skills needed have also changed.

But the building industry hasnt really changed all that much.

Mostly pre-fabs,

BULL****.

and it has changed quite a bit.

More bull****.

There arent just new builds, ****wit.

Yes, it makes less sense now to repair appliances, and
cars are much more reliable than they have ever been,
but there is still plenty of DIY to do in the garden etc.

if you have one and are interested in one, most of the
modern flats yuo share a garden of which some are on
rooves and you don;t get to do anyhting you pay at
least £50 a month for maintaince of such things.

Not everyone lives in modern flats, stupid.

Its more likely that its the much higher living standards
that have seen far fewer need to DIY when they can just
buy a very decent very usable car for what almost everyone
can afford to do today and they can afford to pay someone
to change the oil and filters etc.

yes adn easy to get car cleaners, but then again lots of
these flats don't come with any space for parking a car.

Not everyone lives in a flat, stupid.

Peeler[_4_] November 27th 19 05:40 PM

UNBELIEVABLE: It's 03:52 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for almost TWO HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 03:52:22 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile asshole's latest troll****

cretin from Oz:

[email protected] November 28th 19 04:30 AM

what switched you off a thread?

On Wednesday, 27 November 2019 17:00:06 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Thats bull****.

Still bull****

Oh bull****.

stupid.

stupid.

****wit.

Even sillier than you usually manage

****wit.

stupid.

Even sillier than you usually manage

Thats bull****

stupid.

Thats bull**** too.

BULL****.

More bull****.

****wit.

stupid.

stupid.

Rod Speed November 28th 19 05:22 AM

what switched you off a thread?

Some gutless ****wit desperately cowering behind
spewed just the **** you'd expect
from the back of a desperately cowering gutless ****wit.

Peeler[_4_] November 28th 19 09:23 AM

Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 16:22:38 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Some gutless ****wit desperately cowering behind
spewed just the **** you'd expect
from the back of a desperately cowering gutless ****wit.

PERFECT description of yourself, senile psychopathic swine!

cretin from Oz:

Vir Campestris November 28th 19 09:24 PM

On 27/11/2019 11:29, whisky-dave wrote:
Few can afford to buy a house without help from parents, which is why banks and building societies are coming out with special options where parents are ropped in as guarentees for loans.

We looked into acting as a guarantor.

BS wanted child to be able to pay the mortgage. Separately they wanted
me to be able to pay it out of my pension. The idea that all I'd have to
do would be top it up if he was struggling isn't on the menu.

They also wanted us both to go through some forms detailing exactly what
we spend on what. I don't know about him, but I have no idea what we
spend on toilet rolls. I do know what we spend each month, but not what on.

It ended up my wife is a co-owner, and he pays us rent on the other
half. We used retirement savings instead of a mortgage.

Andy

whisky-dave[_2_] November 29th 19 11:39 AM

[...]

Then show me those that you claim are affordable and can be DIY'd

Because most are sold for renting

Oh bull****.

No it is not if you are looking for an 'affordable' property.
--------------
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38067626

In 2004, then Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott announced plans to build homes for just £60,000.

Eight of the 10 planned developments were completed, but the houses were sold for far more than promised - an average of £231,000 in one development.

----------------

why do you thgink a significant number of properties are now offered at 50% ownership or less and soem as little as 25%, because peole just can;t afford £300,000+ for a one bed studio flat.

and to those that have the money and don't
care. when paying 40-70% of yuor wages in
rent you don;t really wan tto spend money
on decorating unless the place is really awful
and if it is why buy it in the first place.

Because its a lot cheaper, stupid.

But it's a lot cheaper to buy a shared ownsership property that's fully furnished and ready to live in.

and how are they affording them.
Here's some near me.
Now why would you go around ripping
all the stuff out and starting again.

Because its cheaper with the established propertys stupid.

but it;s not because those properties are more expensive.
So they make new builds cheaper by offering part ownership.

https://www.peabodysales.co.uk/devel...EaApC2EALw_wcB

https://www.peabodysales.co.uk/devel...red-ownership/

No one said that they dont exist. What matters
DIY wise is what percentage of sales are like that.

Most for 1st time buyers.
That's why they are 1-3 bed and not really advertised as family homes.

and you arenlt allowed to make large changes when you live
on the 10th floor of a block, you can't just knock a wall down.

But you are free to replace the clapped out kitchen and bathroom etc.

But they aren't clapped out, they are new.

The sales arent of just new ones, ****wit.

but the clapped out ones are more expensive to buy as yuo have to buy 100% not 50% or 25%.

whisky-dave[_2_] November 29th 19 11:48 AM

On Thursday, 28 November 2019 05:22:50 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Some gutless ****wit desperately cowering behind
spewed just the **** you'd expect
from the back of a desperately cowering gutless ****wit.

But where did the ****, bull****, ****wit, and Even sillier than you usually manage, actually originate from.
Is it really proof that pond life can use a computer.

Rod Speed November 29th 19 03:15 PM

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
[...]

Didnt say anything about affordable.

and can be DIY'd

Obviously those whose parents assist them with getting the property.

Because most are sold for renting

Oh bull****.

No it is not if you are looking for an 'affordable' property.

But those can still by DIYed by those landlords.
--------------
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38067626

In 2004, then Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott announced plans to build
homes for just £60,000.

Eight of the 10 planned developments were completed, but the houses were
sold for far more than promised - an average of £231,000 in one
development.

Irrelevant to what existing propertys can still be DIYed.

----------------

why do you thgink a significant number of properties
are now offered at 50% ownership or less and soem
as little as 25%, because peole just can;t afford
£300,000+ for a one bed studio flat.

Still plenty that arent sold that way.

and to those that have the money and don't
care. when paying 40-70% of yuor wages in
rent you don;t really wan tto spend money
on decorating unless the place is really awful
and if it is why buy it in the first place.

Because its a lot cheaper, stupid.

But it's a lot cheaper to buy a shared ownsership
property that's fully furnished and ready to live in.

They arent all shared ownership.

and how are they affording them.
Here's some near me.
Now why would you go around ripping
all the stuff out and starting again.

Because its cheaper with the established propertys stupid.

but it;s not because those properties are more expensive.
So they make new builds cheaper by offering part ownership.

Plenty of new builds arent shared ownership.

https://www.peabodysales.co.uk/devel...EaApC2EALw_wcB

https://www.peabodysales.co.uk/devel...red-ownership/

No one said that they dont exist. What matters
DIY wise is what percentage of sales are like that.

Most for 1st time buyers.

Easy to claim and pity about the non 1st time buyers.

That's why they are 1-3 bed and not
really advertised as family homes.

it isnt just family homes that are DIYed and never was.

and you arenlt allowed to make large changes when you live
on the 10th floor of a block, you can't just knock a wall down.

But you are free to replace the clapped out kitchen and bathroom etc.

But they aren't clapped out, they are new.

The sales arent of just new ones, ****wit.

but the clapped out ones are more expensive
to buy as yuo have to buy 100% not 50% or 25%.

But will happen. And it isnt just clapped out and new propertys either.

whisky-dave[_2_] November 29th 19 04:00 PM

On Friday, 29 November 2019 15:23:00 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
[...]

well who's going to buy things that aren't affordable ?
It those that have some way of selling them on or making profit via rent
or as an investment.

and can be DIY'd

Obviously those whose parents assist them with getting the property.

The it's not DIY if yuor parents are paying for it.
Look at the letters in DIY see if yuo can work out what they represent.

Because most are sold for renting

Oh bull****.

No it is not if you are looking for an 'affordable' property.

But those can still by DIYed by those landlords.

Landlord almost always get someone in to do such jobs that's what makes them landlords.

--------------
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38067626

In 2004, then Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott announced plans to build
homes for just £60,000.

Eight of the 10 planned developments were completed, but the houses were
sold for far more than promised - an average of £231,000 in one
development.

Irrelevant to what existing propertys can still be DIYed.

existign properties are more expensive.
Heres an existing one, I walk past .

1 bed £300k almost 3 times the price of a new property.

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/new-homes/d...e58 e57135e6e

Try doing a search for any property less than the price of the new builds.

----------------

why do you thgink a significant number of properties
are now offered at 50% ownership or less and soem
as little as 25%, because peole just can;t afford
£300,000+ for a one bed studio flat.

Still plenty that arent sold that way.

No there aren't or perhaps you can find one.

and to those that have the money and don't
care. when paying 40-70% of yuor wages in
rent you don;t really wan tto spend money
on decorating unless the place is really awful
and if it is why buy it in the first place.

Because its a lot cheaper, stupid.

But it's a lot cheaper to buy a shared ownsership
property that's fully furnished and ready to live in.

They arent all shared ownership.

The affordable ones are, or find one that isn't shared ownership.

Plenty of new builds aren't shared ownership.

but are £300k or more.

Peeler[_4_] November 29th 19 04:03 PM

UNBELIEVABLE: It's 02:15 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard is out of Bed and TROLLING, already!!!! LOL

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 02:15:53 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH troll**** unread

02:15??? AGAIN??? LOL Come one, do tell us what diagnosis of your mental
condition your psychiatrists established! BG

--
Bill Wright addressing senile Ozzie cretin Rot Speed:
"Well you make up a lot of stuff and it's total ******** most of it."

Graeme[_7_] November 29th 19 05:35 PM

what switched you off a thread?

This thread is now a perfect example of when and why I give up.

--
Graeme

Vir Campestris November 29th 19 08:52 PM

On 29/11/2019 11:39, whisky-dave wrote:
No it is not if you are looking for an 'affordable' property.
--------------
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38067626

In 2004, then Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott announced plans to build homes for just £60,000.

Eight of the 10 planned developments were completed, but the houses were sold for far more than promised - an average of £231,000 in one development.

----------------

why do you thgink a significant number of properties are now offered at 50% ownership or less and soem as little as 25%, because peole just can;t afford £300,000+ for a one bed studio flat.

I did the maths for other reasons last week.

When I was a new grad the average salary was about 4k, and you could buy
a house in Reading for 20k.

Nowadays a grad gets about 12k (3 times more) and the house in Reading
is more like 200k (10 times more).

20k at 10% interest is about 2k a year, half the gross grad salary.

200k at 2% interest is about 4k a year, a third of the gross grad salary.

Andy

Rod Speed November 30th 19 03:57 AM

[...]

Those who have enough of a clue to realise that it
makes no sense to be pumping rent into a landlord's
pocket if its possible to buy a place instead.

The only time it can make sense to not do that is with
small business that can produce a better on the money
that would be invested in a house. But that is only the
case with the best of the small businesses.

It those that have some way of selling them on
or making profit via rent or as an investment.

And those that have enough of a clue to have
noticed that it makes no sense to be filling the
landlords pockets if its possible to buy instead.

and can be DIY'd

Obviously those whose parents assist them with getting the property.

The it's not DIY if yuor parents are paying for it.

Corse its DIY if you do the work yourself instead
of paying someone to do the work instead.

Look at the letters in DIY see if yuo
can work out what they represent.

Irrelevant to whether plenary of snowflakes
that get their parents to help them buy a
property are free to DIY that property.

Because most are sold for renting

Oh bull****.

No it is not if you are looking for an 'affordable' property.

But those can still be DIYed by those landlords.

Landlord almost always get someone in to do such jobs

Plenty dont. Two of my mates are landlords
and they DIY the places they buy to rent out.

that's what makes them landlords.

Even sillier than you usually manage and thats saying something.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38067626

In 2004, then Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott announced plans to
build
homes for just £60,000.

Eight of the 10 planned developments were completed, but the houses
were
sold for far more than promised - an average of £231,000 in one
development.

Irrelevant to what existing propertys can still be DIYed.

existign properties are more expensive.

So there is a good reason to save on costs by DIYing, stupid.

Heres an existing one, I walk past .

1 bed £300k almost 3 times the price of a new property.

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/new-homes/d...e58 e57135e6e

Irrelevant to whether it makes sense to DIY what needs
to be done on it when it costs so much to buy.

Try doing a search for any property
less than the price of the new builds.

Irrelevant to whether it makes sense to DIY what needs
to be done on it when it costs so much to buy.

why do you thgink a significant number of properties
are now offered at 50% ownership or less and soem
as little as 25%, because peole just can;t afford
£300,000+ for a one bed studio flat.

Still plenty that arent sold that way.

No there aren't

Corse there are.

or perhaps you can find one.

Looking at for sale ads doesnt tell you that.
What you need to look at is the actual sale.

and to those that have the money and don't
care. when paying 40-70% of yuor wages in
rent you don;t really wan tto spend money
on decorating unless the place is really awful
and if it is why buy it in the first place.

Because its a lot cheaper, stupid.

But it's a lot cheaper to buy a shared ownsership
property that's fully furnished and ready to live in.

They arent all shared ownership.

The affordable ones are,

What matters is what gets sold, not just the affordable ones.

or find one that isn't shared ownership.

Not possible with for sale ads. What
matters is the sales that happen.

Plenty of new builds aren't shared ownership.

but are £300k or more.

So it makes sense to DIY when its hard to find that sort of money.

Peeler[_4_] November 30th 19 09:25 AM

Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 14:57:54 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

well who's going to buy things that aren't affordable ?

Those who have enough of a clue to realise that it

Those who have enough of a clue realize that you ARE nothing but a ****ing
stupid TROLL, senile Rodent!

cretin from Oz:

John Rumm November 30th 19 04:42 PM

On 29/11/2019 20:52, Vir Campestris wrote:
[...]

Not arguing the fundamental point, but that seems very low for a
realistic new graduate starting salary these days. Its less than minimum
wage. Even a modern apprentice will get 12K alongside training etc.

(In fact £8-10K was a not untypical starting rate when I was a new grad
looking for my first job in 1988!)

--
Cheers,

John.

Vir Campestris December 1st 19 09:57 PM

On 30/11/2019 16:42, John Rumm wrote:
[...]

You're right, that was a brain fart. It's 23k now for grads on average.

And it also occurred to me the repayments aren't just interest.

20k at 10% over 25 years (it of course went up and down over that
period) requires a payment of £2200. 55% of the 4k salary.

200k at 2% over 25 years requires 10,200. 45% of the corrected 23k salary.

Houses are actually cheaper...

Andy

whisky-dave[_2_] December 2nd 19 01:04 PM

On Friday, 29 November 2019 20:52:46 UTC, Vir Campestris wrote:
[...]

But you're forgetting the grads fees or what they owe which is £30k-£60k
at 6% interest.

whisky-dave[_2_] December 2nd 19 01:13 PM

On Saturday, 30 November 2019 03:58:07 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
[...]

But it's not possible for the majority or they'd do it.
The majority of school leavers or college grads buying their first property
don't have £50k plus spare to put even a 10% depsoit down on a 1 bed flat.

Heres an existing one, I walk past .

1 bed £300k almost 3 times the price of a new property.

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/new-homes/d...e58 e57135e6e

Irrelevant to whether it makes sense to DIY what needs
to be done on it when it costs so much to buy.

It's not irrelivant.

Try doing a search for any property
less than the price of the new builds.

Irrelevant to whether it makes sense to DIY what needs
to be done on it when it costs so much to buy.

It's not irrelivant.

Try finding a place in London then, go on prove it.

Looking at for sale ads doesnt tell you that.
What you need to look at is the actual sale.

So prove it.

whisky-dave[_2_] December 2nd 19 01:22 PM

On Sunday, 1 December 2019 21:57:51 UTC, Vir Campestris wrote:
[...]

what about the 20% or so deposit ?
What about the maintaintance of communial gardens can be £50 to over £100 PCM.
You can't get out of these.

and of course they can;t con yuo with PPI now so they have other ways I've seen completion fees of ver £1500, sure it's just a one off payment.

In most cases graduates will still have their studetn loan to pay off.
A friend who is studing in huddersfield has debts of over £40k that's nore than the price of some of the houses there, and at 6% interest.

Houses are actually cheaper...

How do you work that one out ?

Andy

Bob Eager[_7_] December 2nd 19 01:48 PM

On Mon, 02 Dec 2019 05:04:40 -0800, whisky-dave wrote:

[...]

Most graduates I know started on about £25k.

That means they were repaying £30 a month. Interest only comes into it if
you end up paying it all back within 30 years.

whisky-dave[_2_] December 2nd 19 03:48 PM

On Monday, 2 December 2019 13:48:45 UTC, Bob Eager wrote:
[...]

that's £30 off your salery per month.

The you need to save for a deposit typically £20K or more.

So how long would it take a graduate of £25K per year to save up £20K ?

Interest only comes into it if
you end up paying it all back within 30 years.

But the mortgage will take that into account and lend you less or at a higher rate.

But again best get some real info here's an interesting one.

I could only find a couple where you need to earn less than £25k a year.

Rod Speed December 2nd 19 04:35 PM

wrote:
[...]

Sure but it doesnt have to be the majority
to still have plenty that can be DIYed.

The majority of school leavers or college grads
buying their first property don't have £50k plus
spare to put even a 10% depsoit down on a 1 bed flat.

See above.

Heres an existing one, I walk past .

1 bed £300k almost 3 times the price of a new property.

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/new-homes/d...e58 e57135e6e

Irrelevant to whether it makes sense to DIY what needs
to be done on it when it costs so much to buy.

Try doing a search for any property
less than the price of the new builds.

Irrelevant to whether it makes sense to DIY what needs
to be done on it when it costs so much to buy.

Try finding a place in London then, go on prove it.

Not possible when you lot dont have lists of
what actually sold and how that was financed.

Just because the for sale ad says that part
ownership is possible, doesnt mean that
it actually sold that way, particularly with
the ones that had help from their parents.

Peeler[_4_] December 2nd 19 05:30 PM

UNBELIEVABLE: It's 03:35 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard is out of Bed and TROLLING, already!!!! LOL

On Tue, 3 Dec 2019 03:35:49 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile asshole's latest troll****

So, for how long have you been up and trolling this night already, you
subnormal senile idiot?

cretin from Oz:

whisky-dave[_2_] December 3rd 19 10:56 AM

On Monday, 2 December 2019 16:17:57 UTC, John Rumm wrote:
On 02/12/2019 13:13, whisky-dave wrote:
On Saturday, 30 November 2019 03:58:07 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

Given the topic of this thread I had to smile - looking at six
consecutive posts of whisky-dave apparently replying to himself (because
like most, I have wodney filtered out).

If only you could filter out people rather than just their posts. :-D