DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Thanks to rain... (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/641981-thanks-rain.html)

Vir Campestris November 16th 19 09:31 PM

Thanks to rain...

Ohmigawd. Gimme a modem someone!

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odds%20and%20Ends/rain.png

Site seems down for me.

Andy

Martin Brown[_2_] November 17th 19 03:21 PM

Thanks to rain...

On 15/11/2019 07:59, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
How do you know its got anything to do with rain?

Because the repair often ends up being by pumping out the flooded
chamber that contains one of the telecom junctions in my front verge.
When they first did it the black policeman's helmet joint box sounded
like maracas with the amount of water sloshing about inside it.

Whenever the beck floods we immediately lose 1-2Mbps of speed as the
cable properties are compromised and signal leaks to earth. It shows up
as worse line attenuation when it is really wet which it is right now.

If it gets really bad we lose dial tone and people find they have become
spurious party lines with no internet at all as cables short together.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown