Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Unstable Salus

My recently upgraded central heating is controlled by a Salus
programmable wireless thermostat. It seems to work well despite being
tiresome to programme as it has too many on/off periods pre set.

Its biggest fault is the angle at which it stands up. Its just too
vertical so that the slightest touch sends it tumbling.

This I have now fixed (DIY content) by using two pieces of self setting
rubbery stuff I was given, its even white so matches the body of the
Salus unit as if made to be the-)

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike wrote:
My recently upgraded central heating is controlled by a Salus
programmable wireless thermostat. It seems to work well despite being
tiresome to programme as it has too many on/off periods pre set.

Its biggest fault is the angle at which it stands up. Its just too
vertical so that the slightest touch sends it tumbling.

This I have now fixed (DIY content) by using two pieces of self setting
rubbery stuff I was given, its even white so matches the body of the
Salus unit as if made to be the-)

Mike

The Salus is a pain to program- I fitted one for my eldest. It works well
enough but the programming seems very awkward.

Didnt yours come with a wall bracket?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike has brought this to us :
Its biggest fault is the angle at which it stands up. Its just too vertical
so that the slightest touch sends it tumbling.

For similar problems, I find using one of those cheap plastic, hinged
display stands for plates work well. For wider items, I find them still
useful, by breaking them at the hinge and spacing them apart with tube,
threaded rod and nuts. The cost a £1 for several different sizes in
pound shops.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/11/19 09:26, Muddymike wrote:
My recently upgraded central heating is controlled by a Salus
programmable wireless thermostat. It seems to work well despite being
tiresome to programme as it has too many on/off periods pre set.

Its biggest fault is the angle at which it stands up.

That /is/ a problem, but I find more of a nuisance is that it is
difficult to pick up without touching a button that you are not supposed
to!

--

Jeff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
On 14/11/19 09:26, Muddymike wrote:
My recently upgraded central heating is controlled by a Salus
programmable wireless thermostat. It seems to work well despite being
tiresome to programme as it has too many on/off periods pre set.

Its biggest fault is the angle at which it stands up.

That /is/ a problem, but I find more of a nuisance is that it is difficult
to pick up without touching a button that you are not supposed to!

The 'designer' should be burnt at the stake.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Fri, 15 Nov 2019 12:41:01 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

The 'designer' should be burnt at the stake.

Also a nuisance like you, senile Rodent!

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/11/2019 22:11, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 14/11/19 09:26, Muddymike wrote:
My recently upgraded central heating is controlled by a Salus
programmable wireless thermostat. It seems to work well despite being
tiresome to programme as it has too many on/off periods pre set.

Its biggest fault is the angle at which it stands up.

That /is/ a problem, but I find more of a nuisance is that it is
difficult to pick up without touching a button that you are not supposed
to!

I agree, Ive often accidentally set mine to frost protection or
permanently on just by picking it up!!!

Mike