Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Enough sockets in a modern house

I bet the electrician got a free hoodie from the wholesaler:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-65826048.html

(not all level, you will note)

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 03/11/2019 13:26, wrote:
I bet the electrician got a free hoodie from the wholesaler:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-65826048.html

(not all level, you will note)

How the hell do you find these?

BTW The spot lights in the kitchen are in the wrong position.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 3 November 2019 13:32:45 UTC, ARW wrote:
BTW The spot lights in the kitchen are in the wrong position.

What, *all* of them??

The back garden is pretty well lit too by the floodlights on the fence.

I'm just wondering - why? The best wired cannabis farm in Britain, or bitcoin mining?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 3 November 2019 20:52:55 UTC, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Photo shopped by a chimpanzee?

Mmmm.... they're not just in one room where a section of wall might have been photoshopped in to hide a damp patch.

They're everywhere. In every room. (Except the shower.)

Maybe the lady of the house was very indecisive where she wanted the telly ...

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 6 Nov 2019 06:31:11 +1100, Chang, better known as cantankerous

Indeed.Meanwhile the back garden is shabby and the fencing tatty.

What are all those round things in the walls next to the sockets ?.

Lights, as you can see from the later photos. Weird imo but clearly that¢s
what they are.

They can't be as weird as you are, you nym-shiftin, 85-year-old, trolling,
senile pest!

--
Bod addressing senile Rot:
"Rod, you have a sick twisted mind. I suggest you stop your mindless
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/11/2019 13:32, ARW wrote:
On 03/11/2019 13:26, wrote:
I bet the electrician got a free hoodie from the wholesaler:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-65826048.html

(not all level, you will note)

How the hell do you find these?

BTW The spot lights in the kitchen are in the wrong position.

Never mind thw wrong position - how many have been fitted in that house
- including those fitted as uplighters in the window surrounds?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 3 November 2019 13:32:45 UTC, ARW wrote:
How the hell do you find these?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifest...hotos-20794872

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/11/2019 13:26, wrote:
I bet the electrician got a free hoodie from the wholesaler:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-65826048.html

(not all level, you will note)

Owain

Is Pinner posher than Eastcote, because it's in Eastcote not Pinner.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 3 November 2019 13:58:39 UTC, Bill Wright wrote:
Is Pinner posher than Eastcote, because it's in Eastcote not Pinner.

Must be, or the estate agent wouldn't have moved it half a mile.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/11/2019 13:58, Bill Wright wrote:
On 03/11/2019 13:26, wrote:
I bet the electrician got a free hoodie from the wholesaler:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-65826048.html

(not all level, you will note)

Owain

Is Pinner posher than Eastcote, because it's in Eastcote not Pinner.

Pinner is the postal address (and what sat navs use).

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jethro_uk wrote:
On Sun, 03 Nov 2019 13:58:38 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

On 03/11/2019 13:26, wrote:
I bet the electrician got a free hoodie from the wholesaler:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-65826048.html

(not all level, you will note)

Owain

Is Pinner posher than Eastcote, because it's in Eastcote not Pinner.

Bill

When I lived in (South) Harrow, a neighbour used to describe their house
as "Pinner".

As with most places, some of Pinner is very posh. But it bleeds into
North Harrow, which is less so, and onto West Harrow, which is less so
still.

Eastcote borders Ruislip (our current PMs bolthole) - not far from
Northolt airport which had all sorts of odd goings on in the 1970s ....

Rather like "Hove, actually"

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 3 Nov 2019 05:26:38 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

I bet the electrician got a free hoodie from the wholesaler:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-65826048.html

(not all level, you will note)

Well some thing has to give it a £1.3m price tag! Nasty ugly modern
box barely detached one side 3' rear access the other on a ladies
pocket handkerchief scrap of land.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I bet the electrician got a free hoodie from the wholesaler:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-65826048.html

(not all level, you will note)

Well some thing has to give it a £1.3m price tag! Nasty ugly modern
box barely detached one side 3' rear access the other on a ladies
pocket handkerchief scrap of land.

Bugger that. The killer fact is that it's nearer Aldi than Waitrose.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

I bet the electrician got a free hoodie from the wholesaler:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-65826048.html

(not all level, you will note)

Well some thing has to give it a £1.3m price tag! Nasty ugly modern
box barely detached one side 3' rear access the other on a ladies
pocket handkerchief scrap of land.

Bugger that.Â* The killer fact is that it's nearer Aldi than Waitrose.

I'll soon be closer to a Lidl than an Aldi.

The unopened Lidl already shows on Google maps.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Crikey.... The seller must be a shareholder in both BHP Billiton and in Rio Tinto!

(BHP Billiton and Rio Tinto are joint venture owners in the Escondido mine in Chile. Escondida is the world's biggest copper mine)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I bet the electrician got a free hoodie from the wholesaler:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-65826048.html

(not all level, you will note)

Well some thing has to give it a £1.3m price tag! Nasty ugly modern
box barely detached one side 3' rear access the other on a ladies
pocket handkerchief scrap of land.

Bugger that.Â* The killer fact is that it's nearer Aldi than Waitrose.

What's Aldi?Â*

Poor mans version of a Jag

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I bet the electrician got a free hoodie from the wholesaler:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-65826048.html

(not all level, you will note)

nuts!

Well some thing has to give it a £1.3m price tag! Nasty ugly modern
box barely detached one side 3' rear access the other on a ladies
pocket handkerchief scrap of land.

Yeah I misread it as 135k at first, seemed nearer than 1.35m anyway.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well...

I see the house is unoccupied... How long before scrap metal thieves break in and strip all the copper out?

Hope the house has a commercial grade CCTV and alarm system to protect what appears to be the UK'S national copper reserve....

Whoever buys it and moves in is guaranteed to never get arthritis!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

It's a bargain at that price...

The value of the copper far exceeds the asking price!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote on 03/11/2019 :
I bet the electrician got a free hoodie from the wholesaler:

None in the shower, how did they manage?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 03/11/2019 13:26, wrote:
I bet the electrician got a free hoodie from the wholesaler:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-65826048.html

(not all level, you will note)

Owain

A basic 3 bed semi over-extended at the back, with a really ugly loft
conversion. Not much of a garden and no effort to make anything of it.

--
djc

(–€Ì¿Ä¹Ì¯–€Ì¿ Ì¿)
No low-hanging fruit, just a lot of small berries up a tall tree.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/11/2019 19:38, DJC wrote:
On 03/11/2019 13:26, wrote:
I bet the electrician got a free hoodie from the wholesaler:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-65826048.html

(not all level, you will note)

Owain

A basic 3 bed semi over-extended at the back, with a really ugly loft
conversion. Not much of a garden and no effort to make anything of it.

It's a detached property, and convenient for commuting into central
London, which explains the bonkers valuation.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andrew wrote:
A basic 3 bed semi over-extended at the back, with a really ugly loft
conversion. Not much of a garden and no effort to make anything of it.

It's a detached property, and convenient for commuting into central
London, which explains the bonkers valuation.

Very few places in London which aren't convenient for commuting into town.
I'd not think Pinner special for that.

--
*Microsoft broke Volkswagen's record: They only made 21.4 million bugs.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jethro_uk wrote:
Pinner (et ses environs) is *especially* good for commuting though, as
the Met line runs an express service (or did when I lived there) that
could get you from Harrow on the Hill to Aldgate in less than 30 minutes.

When I lived in South Harrow, I could leave at 8.00, and be sitting at
my desk in Marble Arch before 9.00. And that was with a 15 minute walk
to the station one end, and a 10 minute walk from the station (Baker
St.) the other.

Perhaps you don't know just how fast you can move around London by PT
these days.

I went to Regent Street on Saturday to look at the veteran cars (London to
Brighton) Took 45 minutes door to door, including the walk at either end.

--
*Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/11/2019 13:26, wrote:
I bet the electrician got a free hoodie from the wholesaler:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-65826048.html

(not all level, you will note)

Made it onto El Reg as well now:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/1...ctric_sockets/