Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Enough sockets in a modern house

I bet the electrician got a free hoodie from the wholesaler:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-65826048.html

(not all level, you will note)

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 03/11/2019 13:26, wrote:
I bet the electrician got a free hoodie from the wholesaler:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-65826048.html

(not all level, you will note)

How the hell do you find these?

BTW The spot lights in the kitchen are in the wrong position.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/11/2019 13:26, wrote:
I bet the electrician got a free hoodie from the wholesaler:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-65826048.html

(not all level, you will note)

Owain

Is Pinner posher than Eastcote, because it's in Eastcote not Pinner.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 3 November 2019 13:58:39 UTC, Bill Wright wrote:
Is Pinner posher than Eastcote, because it's in Eastcote not Pinner.

Must be, or the estate agent wouldn't have moved it half a mile.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 3 November 2019 13:32:45 UTC, ARW wrote:
BTW The spot lights in the kitchen are in the wrong position.

What, *all* of them??

The back garden is pretty well lit too by the floodlights on the fence.

I'm just wondering - why? The best wired cannabis farm in Britain, or bitcoin mining?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/11/2019 13:32, ARW wrote:
On 03/11/2019 13:26, wrote:
I bet the electrician got a free hoodie from the wholesaler:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-65826048.html

(not all level, you will note)

How the hell do you find these?

BTW The spot lights in the kitchen are in the wrong position.

Never mind thw wrong position - how many have been fitted in that house
- including those fitted as uplighters in the window surrounds?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 3 Nov 2019 05:26:38 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

I bet the electrician got a free hoodie from the wholesaler:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-65826048.html

(not all level, you will note)

Well some thing has to give it a £1.3m price tag! Nasty ugly modern
box barely detached one side 3' rear access the other on a ladies
pocket handkerchief scrap of land.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I bet the electrician got a free hoodie from the wholesaler:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-65826048.html

(not all level, you will note)

Well some thing has to give it a £1.3m price tag! Nasty ugly modern
box barely detached one side 3' rear access the other on a ladies
pocket handkerchief scrap of land.

Bugger that. The killer fact is that it's nearer Aldi than Waitrose.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

I bet the electrician got a free hoodie from the wholesaler:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-65826048.html

(not all level, you will note)

Well some thing has to give it a £1.3m price tag! Nasty ugly modern
box barely detached one side 3' rear access the other on a ladies
pocket handkerchief scrap of land.

Bugger that.Â* The killer fact is that it's nearer Aldi than Waitrose.

I'll soon be closer to a Lidl than an Aldi.

The unopened Lidl already shows on Google maps.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Crikey.... The seller must be a shareholder in both BHP Billiton and in Rio Tinto!

(BHP Billiton and Rio Tinto are joint venture owners in the Escondido mine in Chile. Escondida is the world's biggest copper mine)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I bet the electrician got a free hoodie from the wholesaler:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-65826048.html

(not all level, you will note)

nuts!

Well some thing has to give it a £1.3m price tag! Nasty ugly modern
box barely detached one side 3' rear access the other on a ladies
pocket handkerchief scrap of land.

Yeah I misread it as 135k at first, seemed nearer than 1.35m anyway.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well...

I see the house is unoccupied... How long before scrap metal thieves break in and strip all the copper out?

Hope the house has a commercial grade CCTV and alarm system to protect what appears to be the UK'S national copper reserve....

Whoever buys it and moves in is guaranteed to never get arthritis!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

It's a bargain at that price...

The value of the copper far exceeds the asking price!
Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 03/11/2019 13:26, wrote:
I bet the electrician got a free hoodie from the wholesaler:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-65826048.html

(not all level, you will note)

Owain

A basic 3 bed semi over-extended at the back, with a really ugly loft
conversion. Not much of a garden and no effort to make anything of it.

--
djc

(–€Ì¿Ä¹Ì¯–€Ì¿ Ì¿)
No low-hanging fruit, just a lot of small berries up a tall tree.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 3 November 2019 13:32:45 UTC, ARW wrote:
How the hell do you find these?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifest...hotos-20794872

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 3 November 2019 20:52:55 UTC, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Photo shopped by a chimpanzee?

Mmmm.... they're not just in one room where a section of wall might have been photoshopped in to hide a damp patch.

They're everywhere. In every room. (Except the shower.)

Maybe the lady of the house was very indecisive where she wanted the telly ...

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/11/2019 22:11, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
Whatever, the (non-) upkeep of the garden doesn't match the place. So
probably commercial use.

Yup.

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/c...medics-limited

Seems to be an registered business address for many firms, i.e. firm of
accountants.

Here's some pictures with furniture.

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/property/41...314284#image-1

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/11/2019 22:05, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 03/11/2019 21:34, wrote:
On Sunday, 3 November 2019 20:52:55 UTC, Brian Gaff (Sofa)Â* wrote:
Photo shopped by a chimpanzee?

Mmmm.... they're not just in one room where a section of wall might
have been photoshopped in to hide a damp patch.

They're everywhere. In every room. (Except the shower.)

Maybe the lady of the house was very indecisive where she wanted the
telly ...

Owain

Maybe a patient care lounge, wired services for beds and such.

There are some circular 3-inch sockets at socket height all over the
place, even either side of the WC. What could they be?

Whatever, the (non-) upkeep of the garden doesn't match the place. So
probably commercial use.

Yup.

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/c...medics-limited

That's 31, not 41...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

This Eric is also involved with prestige electrical services too ...

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/c...rvices-limited
Posted to uk.d-i-y

It is also available for rent at £3500 pcm...

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/45684538
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 3 November 2019 22:11:08 UTC, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
Whatever, the (non-) upkeep of the garden doesn't match the place. So
probably commercial use.

Yup.
https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/c...medics-limited

They're at 31. The house is 41 which was Lan Constructions Group Ltd - Building Construction Contractors at some time (according to 192.com) And there are too many panels of sockets for the number of beds you could get in a room. I think any sort of medical or commercial facility would have used bedhead/dado trunking. Somebody went to a lot of time to put in all those flush sockets.

This shows it furnished and for rent (which would also match the non-upkeep of the garden)
https://www.andrew-pearce.co.uk/prop...d/100415004374

The "circular 3-inch sockets at socket height all over the place, even either side of the WC." are quite ddefinately lights. I suppose in a care environment they could be below bed level to light the floor for nurses at night, but this doesn't appear to have been a care establishment.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
This shows it furnished and for rent (which would also match the
non-upkeep of the garden)
https://www.andrew-pearce.co.uk/prop...d/100415004374

The "circular 3-inch sockets at socket height all over the place, even
either side of the WC." are quite definately lights. I suppose in a care
environment they could be below bed level to light the floor for nurses at
night, but this doesn't appear to have been a care establishment.

This picture https://i.postimg.cc/SxB3zHrx/blue-lights.png, from
https://www.andrew-pearce.co.uk/prop...d/100415004374
shows that they are indeed lights - vivid blue ones in this room.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"NY" wrote in message
wrote in message
This shows it furnished and for rent (which would also match the
non-upkeep of the garden)
https://www.andrew-pearce.co.uk/prop...d/100415004374

The "circular 3-inch sockets at socket height all over the place, even
either side of the WC." are quite definately lights. I suppose in a care
environment they could be below bed level to light the floor for nurses
at night, but this doesn't appear to have been a care establishment.

This picture https://i.postimg.cc/SxB3zHrx/blue-lights.png, from
https://www.andrew-pearce.co.uk/prop...d/100415004374
shows that they are indeed lights - vivid blue ones in this room.

Guess its better than being a red light area.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 5 Nov 2019 04:27:06 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

This picture https://i.postimg.cc/SxB3zHrx/blue-lights.png, from
https://www.andrew-pearce.co.uk/prop...d/100415004374
shows that they are indeed lights - vivid blue ones in this room.

Guess its better than being a red light area.

I suppose this is about the UK. So it's NONE of yours, senile Ozzie troll!

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
Posted to uk.d-i-y

But it only works with a bangle over the wrist, ankle or bell end.
According to those that use them.

Yes my point precisely, their wrist, ankle and bell end are all surrounded by copper in that house!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/11/2019 13:58, Bill Wright wrote:
On 03/11/2019 13:26, wrote:
I bet the electrician got a free hoodie from the wholesaler:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-65826048.html

(not all level, you will note)

Owain

Is Pinner posher than Eastcote, because it's in Eastcote not Pinner.

Pinner is the postal address (and what sat navs use).

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jethro_uk wrote:
On Sun, 03 Nov 2019 13:58:38 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

On 03/11/2019 13:26, wrote:
I bet the electrician got a free hoodie from the wholesaler:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-65826048.html

(not all level, you will note)

Owain

Is Pinner posher than Eastcote, because it's in Eastcote not Pinner.

Bill

When I lived in (South) Harrow, a neighbour used to describe their house
as "Pinner".

As with most places, some of Pinner is very posh. But it bleeds into
North Harrow, which is less so, and onto West Harrow, which is less so
still.

Eastcote borders Ruislip (our current PMs bolthole) - not far from
Northolt airport which had all sorts of odd goings on in the 1970s ....

Rather like "Hove, actually"

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jethro_uk wrote:
On Tue, 05 Nov 2019 14:47:35 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Jethro_uk wrote:
Given most sockets are needed for piddling low current stuff (power
supplies of some description) the best way to uprate the number of
sockets in a room/house is a job lot of 1m 4-gang extension cables.

Fine if whatever they're feeding conceals them. Otherwise, look like a
bodge.

Ours are shoved behind/under sofas and chairs. Not in sight at all. With
an added bonus that you don't need to move furniture to get to them.

Isn't that a bit of a contradiction? ;-)

--
*A plateau is a high form of flattery*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.