Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default screwfix suddenly giving access denied

When I try and connect to screwfix.com from my home LAN (same on
laptop and desktop machines) I get "You don't have permission to access / on this
server."

It's something to do with it not liking *me* (well my IP presumably)
because I can connect using lynx from a system outside my LAN.

I can connect to screfix.eu and other sites such as search engines,
etc.

Any ideas what might be wrong? ... and is it temporary?

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Green wrote:
When I try and connect to screwfix.com from my home LAN (same on
laptop and desktop machines) I get "You don't have permission to access / on this
server."

It's something to do with it not liking *me* (well my IP presumably)
because I can connect using lynx from a system outside my LAN.

I can connect to screfix.eu and other sites such as search engines,
etc.

Any ideas what might be wrong? ... and is it temporary?

.... it's now giving me:-

Site Maintenance
The Screwfix website is temporarily unavailable

I guess something must have broken at their end!

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

?

Site Maintenance

The Screwfix website is temporarily unavailable

Unfortunately this means our Screwfix.com site is unavailable due
to essential maintenance.
We apologise for any inconvenience."

--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/10/2019 11:43, Chris Green wrote:
When I try and connect to screwfix.com from my home LAN (same on
laptop and desktop machines) I get "You don't have permission to access / on this
server."

It's something to do with it not liking *me* (well my IP presumably)
because I can connect using lynx from a system outside my LAN.

I can connect to screfix.eu and other sites such as search engines,
etc.

Any ideas what might be wrong? ... and is it temporary?

It's a computer...doesn't need a reason to feck up...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 24/10/2019 11:43, Chris Green wrote:
When I try and connect to screwfix.com from my home LAN (same on
laptop and desktop machines) I get "You don't have permission to access /
on this
server."

It's something to do with it not liking *me* (well my IP presumably)
because I can connect using lynx from a system outside my LAN.

I can connect to screfix.eu and other sites such as search engines,
etc.

Any ideas what might be wrong? ... and is it temporary?

It's a computer...doesn't need a reason to feck up...

Yours is listening, you'll be soorree...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Fri, 25 Oct 2019 08:39:43 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

It's a computer...doesn't need a reason to feck up...

Yours is listening, you'll be soorree...

Oh, PLEASE, senile pest ...spare everyone your lame attempts at senile
"humour"! tsk

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rot: