Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Will these flexible tails connect to 15mm Plastic pipe?

Got the low pressure tap on order.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I hope the connections can be made to 15mm plastic pipe, or else I'll
be ripping out tiled trunking.
--

Mike

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/09/2019 11:14, Mike Halmarack wrote:
Got the low pressure tap on order.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I hope the connections can be made to 15mm plastic pipe, or else I'll
be ripping out tiled trunking.

Yup, it looks like the flexi tails terminate in a female 1/2" BSP
threaded coupling.

Normally I would stick a full bore compression service valve on the end
of your pipe[1], take off the other nut and ditch the olive, and then
screw the tail directly onto the valve. The flexi has a rubber washer in
it to make the seal.

[1] Remember to use the right inserts on the plastic pipe when using
compression fittings.

Not the most useful photo, but you can just see a flexi fixed onto a
service valve in the way described he

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/f/f...ornerDoor1.png

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 13:11:15 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 11/09/2019 11:14, Mike Halmarack wrote:
Got the low pressure tap on order.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I hope the connections can be made to 15mm plastic pipe, or else I'll
be ripping out tiled trunking.

Yup, it looks like the flexi tails terminate in a female 1/2" BSP
threaded coupling.

Normally I would stick a full bore compression service valve on the end
of your pipe[1], take off the other nut and ditch the olive, and then
screw the tail directly onto the valve. The flexi has a rubber washer in
it to make the seal.

[1] Remember to use the right inserts on the plastic pipe when using
compression fittings.

Not the most useful photo, but you can just see a flexi fixed onto a
service valve in the way described he

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/f/f...ornerDoor1.png

Just the sort of detailed advice I needed, thanks.
I would never have thought of the plastic pipe inserts myself.
--

Mike

---