DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Help connecting Phonak TV connector (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/639331-help-connecting-phonak-tv-connector.html)

Broadback[_3_] August 29th 19 10:17 AM

Help connecting Phonak TV connector

I have a Panasonic LED TV connected to a YamahaYas-107. Sadly this
utilizes the optical audio out which the Phonak requires. The Phonak
works fine when connected this way but as my wife requires the Yamaha it
is not available. Any ideas please as to how I can circumnavigated this
problem?

Theo[_3_] August 29th 19 10:30 AM

Broadback wrote:
I have a Panasonic LED TV connected to a YamahaYas-107. Sadly this
utilizes the optical audio out which the Phonak requires. The Phonak
works fine when connected this way but as my wife requires the Yamaha it
is not available. Any ideas please as to how I can circumnavigated this
problem?

Not sure if this is the right solution, but optical audio splitters are
available (with a wide price range):
https://www.lindy.co.uk/audio-video-...o-192khz-p2728
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-T...k/113254184096

Theo

Broadback[_3_] August 29th 19 11:05 AM

Help connecting Phonak TV connector

On 29/08/2019 10:46, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 10:17:27 +0100, Broadback
wrote:

I have a Panasonic LED TV connected to a YamahaYas-107. Sadly this
utilizes the optical audio out which the Phonak requires. The Phonak
works fine when connected this way but as my wife requires the Yamaha it
is not available. Any ideas please as to how I can circumnavigated this
problem?

Sounds like you need an one-in two-out optical audio splitter on the
Panasonic output? Lots on eBay http://tinyurl.com/yxf36ygs

Thank you both, that will do very nicely, I have ordered one.